Coach Mac

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coach Mac

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:34 pm

If the rumors are true and Mac departs, it’s D-Rock to Omaha, right? All hypothetical, no idea on Mac, I don’t know if I believe anything - but if he’s elsewhere, it’s DeVries. Just has to be.
vivid_dude

Postby 3ontheway » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:35 pm

And TD for 2 years.

I'd rather keep our current coach. Time to find some cash.
Last edited by 3ontheway on Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3ontheway

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:36 pm

vivid_dude wrote:If the rumors are true and Mac departs, it’s D-Rock to Omaha, right? All hypothetical, no idea on Mac, I don’t know if I believe anything - but if he’s elsewhere, it’s DeVries. Just has to be.

You'd think that would be the guy at the top of a list, but I've heard a rumor that he wants no part of the CU job with it's current leadership. Which is crazy, because the guy was here for 20 years. If that's the reason Mac would want to leave, I'm sure he would share his thoughts & feelings with DRock
bluejayfan00

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:37 pm

3ontheway wrote:And TD for 2 years.

The Doug/Greg to Tucker/Darian synergy is strong.
vivid_dude

Postby JayPacker » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:02 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:If the rumors are true and Mac departs, it’s D-Rock to Omaha, right? All hypothetical, no idea on Mac, I don’t know if I believe anything - but if he’s elsewhere, it’s DeVries. Just has to be.

You'd think that would be the guy at the top of a list, but I've heard a rumor that he wants no part of the CU job with its current leadership. Which is crazy, because the guy was here for 20 years. If that's the reason Mac would want to leave, I'm sure he would share his thoughts & feelings with DRock

Yeah this is the worst part actually. If the cause of Greg’s (hypothetical) departure is the leadership at the University, it stands to reason he would relay that info to everyone in his coaching tree. We would probably miss out on pretty much all of those guys, and his coaching tree is actually incredible.
JayPacker

Postby NUgradCUfan » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:06 pm

JayPacker wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:

You'd think that would be the guy at the top of a list, but I've heard a rumor that he wants no part of the CU job with its current leadership. Which is crazy, because the guy was here for 20 years. If that's the reason Mac would want to leave, I'm sure he would share his thoughts & feelings with DRock

Yeah this is the worst part actually. If the cause of Greg’s (hypothetical) departure is the leadership at the University, it stands to reason he would relay that info to everyone in his coaching tree. We would probably miss out on pretty much all of those guys, and his coaching tree is actually incredible.

Fireable offense for an AD to create an environment no good coach wants to go to. Pretty cut and dry. And if his boss doesn’t make that move, that’s fireable for a President too to lose all of the money they inevitability would. Clown show.
NUgradCUfan

Postby DC_JAY » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:07 pm

Long odds for Mac to OSU, according to this.
DC_JAY

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:12 pm

One thing I want to say and make clear- if Mac is still our coach next year, it's in spite of all the rumors surrounding Hendrickson, Blossom, etc. I'm very confident a lot of what has been said, what I've heard, etc., is true. If he doesn't leave for OSU (I don't think he's the best fit there), or another job, it's because he loves Omaha and CU.

Even if we keep him, all of this is still extremely troublesome. And it's something we will have to deal with whenever he decides to retire. Hopefully he can outlast Hendrickson/Blossom.
bluejayfan00

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:13 pm

This guy is pretty well connected. Followed by Trilly, and a lot of other legitimate CBB guys. Last year when Mac's name was being thrown around and rumors of his relationship with Blossom became a national topic, this guy held a Twitter Spaces similar to what he's doing tonight. The best part about it is that Marcus Blossom was in the Spaces, listening. :lol:
bluejayfan00

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:19 pm

What’s he saying tonight for those of us without twitter
BenningtonBluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops