Coach Mac

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Coach Mac

Postby JayMob » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:45 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:It’ll largely depend on who’s paying what for NIL and what your conference will look like in 5-10 years when everything is shaking out. That will have a lot more to do with who’s considered what when a job opens.

Look at Wichita. You could easily say that was a top 25 program for a 10 year period and when Marshall got canned no one came running. It’s because it’s not a top 25 national program under its circumstances and now those circumstances have manifested themselves.

JMO but we are closer to that than one might think. Not nearly as close as they are/were but it still has to be concerning.

Creighton will do what it takes to compete in the Big East. Creighton is a much bigger deal in Omaha than WSU ever was in Wichita, where KU is still the king.

The concern I have is more that as the SEC and Big 10 become the Big 2 they will move to freeze out the Big East and everybody else, just because they can.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
JayMob

Postby jays34 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:59 am

Was randomly on shockernet looking for some insights on their game today v. rice (for gambling purposes) and boy, is that place sad now. Just a moment of appreciation for the direction we went, regardless of what happens in any one season. Literally hit the lottery on getting coach mac, doug and the move to the big east. I know a lot of hard work went into getting us to this place and it wasn't all luck, but it sure does feel like we got lucky. We could have easily tipped the other direction and still be roaming around the MVC or AAC trying to prove ourselves just to get a bid.

i have to pinich myself everytime i think getting a 4 seed would be disappointing.
jays34

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:17 am

jays34 wrote:Was randomly on shockernet looking for some insights on their game today v. rice (for gambling purposes) and boy, is that place sad now. Just a moment of appreciation for the direction we went, regardless of what happens in any one season. Literally hit the lottery on getting coach mac, doug and the move to the big east. I know a lot of hard work went into getting us to this place and it wasn't all luck, but it sure does feel like we got lucky. We could have easily tipped the other direction and still be roaming around the MVC or AAC trying to prove ourselves just to get a bid.

i have to pinich myself everytime i think getting a 4 seed would be disappointing.

Amen!
TrueBlueJay

Postby go_jays » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:05 pm

JayMob wrote:
HandDownManDown wrote:It’ll largely depend on who’s paying what for NIL and what your conference will look like in 5-10 years when everything is shaking out. That will have a lot more to do with who’s considered what when a job opens.

Look at Wichita. You could easily say that was a top 25 program for a 10 year period and when Marshall got canned no one came running. It’s because it’s not a top 25 national program under its circumstances and now those circumstances have manifested themselves.

JMO but we are closer to that than one might think. Not nearly as close as they are/were but it still has to be concerning.

Creighton will do what it takes to compete in the Big East. Creighton is a much bigger deal in Omaha than WSU ever was in Wichita, where KU is still the king.

The concern I have is more that as the SEC and Big 10 become the Big 2 they will move to freeze out the Big East and everybody else, just because they can.

I really doubt that because the Big East has several of the biggest markets in the country in hand. It's about the money. And DePaul needs to get its shit together if for no other reason than representing the Chicago market.
go_jays

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops