Butler Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Butler Game Thread II

Postby HandDownManDown » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:20 pm

Nobody getting hurt has to be our number 1 priority. We can’t lose any of the six that play.

For that reason I don’t care what happens in New York. I certainly wouldn’t be planning for it now.

On the other hand if someone like Traudt or Green could develop enough to not torch the team when they step out there that would be terrific.
HandDownManDown

Postby Realhoops » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:34 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Wow…. Great post ChicagoJay.

In a different thread I lamented JD not getting minutes. Several argued if he doesn’t grade out in practices, why should he see the court?

Well. While good points for the past/current rotation purposes, I am thinking ahead - for BET & the dance. While Bello is experienced and a seasoned senior, he’s getting bucoup minutes with little production. Bello should not be getting 20+ mpg under any circumstances.
Would be nice to knock the rust off Dotzler, Green, Chandler, and Knox (potentially for BET & the Dance.

Butler late second half??? Time to sub?

Yeah, Mac — let’s see Chandler!
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby vivid_dude » Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:17 pm

Sorry, gtmo. Chandler passed away late in 2023. Could he BE any more missed?
vivid_dude

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:24 pm

SeattleJay wrote:Agree, great post, ChicagoJay.

One minor quibble: we need Green more for getting and preventing O rebounds rather than just minutes.

We settled in with Bello in the second half as Butler did not play a big lineup, so Bello and Ashworth together was not problematic. However, against U Conn, they are bigger at every position but one. They dominated us (and MU yesterday) on O rebounds. We need to be good on the glass to beat U Conn.

Also, to have a shot on day 2 or 3 of the BET we need minutes.

Agree - bigger guys will need to be ready for UConn. They beat us up bad on the boards last time and we also gave them the ball over and over. Hope that Miller and Green are ready to go to battle this week
Chicagojayfan

Postby JacobPadilla » Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:13 pm

I clipped all Baylor's scoring plays from the Butler game to show the different ways he put points on the board in this thread. He really likes attacking the rim against this team.

JacobPadilla

Postby wildjays » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:14 pm

A day after Creighton got a great win at Butler, Matt DeMarinis and Jacob Padilla break down the Bluejays win, answer questions, and look forward to Tuesday night's showdown with #1 UConn.

The Bluejay Beat for out Patreon subscribers

https://www.patreon.com/posts/bluejay-b ... =join_link
White & Blue Review-- http://whiteandbluereview.com
wildjays

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops