UConn Game Thread II

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: UConn Game Thread II

Postby bluejayfan00 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:54 pm

nm
Last edited by bluejayfan00 on Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluejayfan00

Postby go_jays » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:15 am

Not something I would have expected a fighter like Hurley to say. It was actually pretty wimpy of him... I'm kinda shocked. Grow a pair, Dan. You got your ass handed to you. Take it like a man. Sheeeesh...

Actually, this is turning out to be pretty good for us. It's the game within the game. And I think we're inside his head now... if we weren't already.
go_jays

Postby Angry Dan » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:34 am

The students were incredible on Tuesday but I am not a fan of the F bomb chants. Sounds lame to me.

My Uncle was in the Navy and picked up a bad habit of using profanity his entire adult life. He and my dad were law partners
and my dad always cringed when my uncle would drop a “God Dammit” or a “Son of a bitch”. My dad never used profanity and always told me that people who use profanity are too ignorant to come up a more clever or intelligent way to express themselves.

I never heard my Uncle use the F word, which is bad as profanity gets. When I did public address at the Civic I never heard Altman use the F word. About the worse thing he yelled was an occasional “dammit”. He used to get really hot, but could express his frustration without profanity.

I have no idea what kind of language Hurley is using when he screams at the refs. I think the students could come up with something more clever than the F bomb. I was really impressed with the students and the crowd on Tuesday, but trying to engage with Hurley after the game seems like a waste of time…unnecessary.

The older I get the more I enjoy these opposing coaches like Hurley, Miller, Pitino. I’m in the minority. Hurley doesn’t bug me at all.
Angry Dan

Postby mel ott » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:14 am

Angry Dan wrote:The students were incredible on Tuesday but I am not a fan of the F bomb chants. Sounds lame to me.

My Uncle was in the Navy and picked up a bad habit of using profanity his entire adult life. He and my dad were law partners
and my dad always cringed when my uncle would drop a “God Dammit” or a “Son of a bitch”. My dad never used profanity and always told me that people who use profanity are too ignorant to come up a more clever or intelligent way to express themselves.

I never heard my Uncle use the F word, which is bad as profanity gets. When I did public address at the Civic I never heard Altman use the F word. About the worse thing he yelled was an occasional “dammit”. He used to get really hot, but could express his frustration without profanity.

I have no idea what kind of language Hurley is using when he screams at the refs. I think the students could come up with something more clever than the F bomb. I was really impressed with the students and the crowd on Tuesday, but trying to engage with Hurley after the game seems like a waste of time…unnecessary.

The older I get the more I enjoy these opposing coaches like Hurley, Miller, Pitino. I’m in the minority. Hurley doesn’t bug me at all.

I agree. I don't give up things for lent, but I did this year committing to swearing less with the F bombs, etc. My father was a tough guy (college hockey) and I never heard him swear, especially in God's name. I need to do better and we need to teach this younger generation to be more selective with their language. Student section was great, but let's get more creative and less profane responses.
mel ott

Postby ILikeStuff » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:37 am

So just to deconstruct what he said in the interview...the league MUST step in to protect him from things that he fully, and successfully, relied upon the security guards to protect him from (as the audio proves it was a warning that the guard would knock the guy out), but it's the university's fault for allowing people to talk angrily towards him?

The x post obviously inflamed this, but this would be a non-factor if UConn won, so all this drama is just music in my ears. What did he say the day before? Someone will need to pry a win from their dead arms? RDJ
ILikeStuff

Postby Jaynut » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:22 pm

Not a fan of the F Hurley cheer at all. That said, getting under their skin is wonderful. We sit in 122, right behind the bench. Wonderful memories of sign guy holding up a sign during Wichita game with pictures of 2 babies and Gregggggg Marshall, asking which is the cry baby. Or getting Tim Miles to flip me off during a game when UNL was getting trounced. That's what playing on the road means.

He can bitch about the fans if he wants. But calling out Creighton, CHI, security, was BS. Hope he gets treated well in Providence.
You can't spell delusional without "UNL."
Jaynut

Postby LJay » Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:27 pm

Jaynut wrote:Not a fan of the F Hurley cheer at all. That said, getting under their skin is wonderful. We sit in 122, right behind the bench. Wonderful memories of sign guy holding up a sign during Wichita game with pictures of 2 babies and Gregggggg Marshall, asking which is the cry baby. Or getting Tim Miles to flip me off during a game when UNL was getting trounced. That's what playing on the road means.

He can bitch about the fans if he wants. But calling out Creighton, CHI, security, was BS. Hope he gets treated well in Providence.

He will get destroyed at Providence. That fan base when given an open wound to poke makes CU students look like choir boys.
89 - 60
LJay

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops