All Big East Teams

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: All Big East Teams

Postby JacobPadilla » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:55 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:Tristan Newton is shooting 37% from the field in conference play. That should not be rewarded.

It's definitely not great and should be considered as a knock against him for sure, but he does so much else for them outside of just scoring. Clingan is their most effective player, but I think UConn people would consider Newton their best and most important for his all-around contributions and what he's done from start to finish this year. He and Kolek are both Cousy Award finalists for the nation's top point guard along with Braden Smith, Jamal Shead and Mark Sears. He's really good.
JacobPadilla

Postby #RollJays » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:00 pm

I feel like Kadary Richmond is going to somehow make first team with the East Coast bias of the conference. In reality, he is even more inefficient than Newton.
#RollJays

Postby Realhoops » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:40 pm

#RollJays wrote:I feel like Kadary Richmond is going to somehow make first team with the East Coast bias of the conference. In reality, he is even more inefficient than Newton.

Dre Davis is the best player on that team. Richmond is out of control 90 percent of the time and only has the impact he does because he's big for a point guard. But incredibly inefficient and just ineffective a lot of the time.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby drbluejay » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:44 am

Baylor (POY)
Alexander
Kalkbrenner (DPOY)
Carter
Kolek
Newton
3 from Creighton will never happen but should.
No other player from Creighton makes 2nd team or honorable mention.
drbluejay

Previous

Return to Men's Hoops