All Big East Teams

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: All Big East Teams

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:28 am

JacobPadilla wrote:I'll be surprised if the first team doesn't include Newton, Carter, Scheierman and Kolek (with one of them as POY). That would leave two first-team and five second-team spots for:

Spencer, Clingan, Kalkbrenner, Alexander, Jones, Ighodaro, Olivari, Jenkins, Soriano, Richmond, Oduro, Dixon... There are a lot of really good players in this league and narrowing it down to a top six and second five is going to be tough.

right on point here. Those 4 have been probably the best over the course of the season, but we have 3 guys who deserve to be somewhere on the top 2 teams

Talent level on the BE is just crazy and good coaching and competition make it hard for guys to rack up stats every single game. I'm hopeful Baylor, Trey, and Kalk all end up on one of the top 2 teams ,but imagine they'd all trade that for a Final Four Trip
Chicagojayfan

Postby #RollJays » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:05 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
JacobPadilla wrote:I'll be surprised if the first team doesn't include Newton, Carter, Scheierman and Kolek (with one of them as POY). That would leave two first-team and five second-team spots for:

Spencer, Clingan, Kalkbrenner, Alexander, Jones, Ighodaro, Olivari, Jenkins, Soriano, Richmond, Oduro, Dixon... There are a lot of really good players in this league and narrowing it down to a top six and second five is going to be tough.

right on point here. Those 4 have been probably the best over the course of the season, but we have 3 guys who deserve to be somewhere on the top 2 teams

Talent level on the BE is just crazy and good coaching and competition make it hard for guys to rack up stats every single game. I'm hopeful Baylor, Trey, and Kalk all end up on one of the top 2 teams ,but imagine they'd all trade that for a Final Four Trip

Personally think it would be trash if Newton made first team shooting .374 from the field and .278 from 3 in conference games. Yes, he is a great player on a great team but those numbers don’t deserve all conf accolades. I’m fine with him being 2nd team when you encompass the season as a whole along with everything else he brings to the table. You don’t see dudes hitting .220 win mvp in baseball so him winning POY is laughable and would just be east coast bias.
#RollJays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:41 pm

#RollJays wrote:
Chicagojayfan wrote:

Personally think it would be trash if Newton made first team shooting .374 from the field and .278 from 3 in conference games. Yes, he is a great player on a great team but those numbers don’t deserve all conf accolades. I’m fine with him being 2nd team when you encompass the season as a whole along with everything else he brings to the table. You don’t see dudes hitting .220 win mvp in baseball so him winning POY is laughable and would just be east coast bias.

UConn makes it messy for the BE teams, IMO. Clingan's their most efficient and productive guy, but he's missed a lot of time and has foul trouble issues taking him off the floor pretty often. Spencer's probably more valuable statistically but has been taken out of games by defenses more often.. So Newton's kind of it as they rely on his scoring, rebounding and passing, he's the primary option on the best team in the conference even if he isn't that efficient
Chicagojayfan

Postby JayPak » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:06 pm

Agree with this list but I would drop Soriano and Oduro.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby cu8493 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:54 pm

Baylor made a hell of a case for POY today. I know one game doesn’t make the case per se, but damn.
cu8493

Postby jays911 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:39 pm

cu8493 wrote:Baylor made a hell of a case for POY today. I know one game doesn’t make the case per se, but damn.

Totally agree.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby jaykorver » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:07 pm

Newton had 17pt/10a/4r today against SH. Shot 4-8 from 3pt line.
jaykorver

Postby jaykorver » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:44 pm

jaykorver

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:49 pm

As much as I love Baylor, UConn wins the league...what is the old saying? To the winner goes the spoils.
TrueBlueJay

Postby jaysfan3 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:30 pm

TrueBlueJay wrote:As much as I love Baylor, UConn wins the league...what is the old saying? To the winner goes the spoils.

That actually hasn’t happened recently as much as you would think.
jaysfan3

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops