Big East Tournament

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Big East Tournament

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:59 pm

I am very excited about our chances in this extremely competitive tournament.

Coach Mac likes to talk about “knocking the door down”. I think we have a good shot to knock the door down this year.

Let’s go get this!

I’m going and will be loud and proud. Who is with me?

As an aside, I try to be polite, so I hope I’m not stepping on anyone’s toes by starting this thread. I’m also irrationally superstitious but we’ve never won this tournament before, after getting to the finals 4 times so what the heck.
SeattleJay

Re: Big East Tournament

Postby DC_JAY » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:09 pm

This will be the most dog-eat-dog BET in a long time, with only three NCAA locks and four other teams fighting for their post-season lives. The seeding from 5-8 is going to be a mess.
DC_JAY

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:23 pm

DC_JAY wrote:This will be the most dog-eat-dog BET in a long time, with only three NCAA locks and four other teams fighting for their post-season lives. The seeding from 5-8 is going to be a mess.

Absolutely. Right now Nova is 10-8. SJU, PC and X are 9-9.
SeattleJay

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:27 am

I think there is a very good chance that we could play Nova in our first game in the BET.

I felt like that game last year took everything out of us and was the reason we played so poorly against X the following night.

Hopefully, we figure those guys out.
SeattleJay

Postby bleedblue » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:55 am

DC_JAY wrote:This will be the most dog-eat-dog BET in a long time, with only three NCAA locks and four other teams fighting for their post-season lives. The seeding from 5-8 is going to be a mess.

Setting up that way so we will definitely get a Uconn vs Hall and Marquette vs Creighton semis in New York
bleedblue

Postby Realhoops » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am

bleedblue wrote:

Setting up that way so we will definitely get a Uconn vs Hall and Marquette vs Creighton semis in New York

That's not definite at all.

While 5-8 is a jumbled mess, 2-4 isn't set yet, either.

If the Jays win Saturday, the Jays get the 2 seed.
If Marquette loses this weekend at X, the Jays get the 2 seed.
If both happen, the Jays get the 2 seed and then Seton Hall would get the 3 seed with a win over DePaul.

Marquette has looked really good against both us and Nova without Kolek. But Providence looked really good the first game without Hopkins. We looked really good the first couple of games after R2 got hurt a couple years ago. It isn't always sustainable or guaranteed every game. And X can be really tough on their home floor. I wouldn't expect Marquette to lay an egg in that game, but it's not that hard to imagine a Xavier win, either.

So a UConn-Marquette / Creighton-Hall semifinal slate is very possible.

Bottom line is that the team and coaching staff needs to be absolutely locked in, ready to go, and focused to get a win over Nova. Everything else is out of the Jays' hands. But things could fall into place really nice if the Jays take care of business.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:54 am

RealHoops, I definitely agree that a lot is still to happen and that upsets happen because Big East.

I’m not seeing how Seton Hall can finish above a 4 seed and be on our side of the bracket. What am I missing?
SeattleJay

Postby mannygakou » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:01 pm

SeattleJay wrote:RealHoops, I definitely agree that a lot is still to happen and that upsets happen because Big East.

I’m not seeing how Seton Hall can finish above a 4 seed and be on our side of the bracket. What am I missing?

If Creighton wins at Nova and Marquette loses at Xavier then Marquette would be tied with Seton Hall, who has the tiebreaker due to going 1-1 against Uconn.
mannygakou

Postby SeattleJay » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:13 pm

mannygakou wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:RealHoops, I definitely agree that a lot is still to happen and that upsets happen because Big East.

If Creighton wins at Nova and Marquette loses at Xavier then Marquette would be tied with Seton Hall, who has the tiebreaker due to going 1-1 against Uconn.

Thanks Manny
SeattleJay

Postby LJay » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:20 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Next

Return to Men's Hoops