2024 Offseason

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Offseason

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:07 pm

I'm curious what happens with Knox and Vice. They were late adds last year and seemed destined to redshirt from the beginning.

At the time, I wondered if Mac was planning ahead for the end of 5th year Covid eligibility:
Those two would get some playing time in 2024-25 and then be ready to contribute in 2025-26, when the pool of season veterans in the portal would shrink. It's also possible he just took a flyer on them when R2 and Kaluma left, but Mac often seems like he's playing chess while others play checkers, so that made me wonder.

We only got to see them play in Bermuda, but Knox looked like he could get to the rim, and Vice could rebound and shoot 3s. I hope they stick around.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby #RollJays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:28 pm

I feel like Trey coming back is a lot higher probability than we think based off his interview last night.
#RollJays

Postby DC_JAY » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:34 pm

#RollJays wrote:I feel like Trey coming back is a lot higher probability than we think based off his interview last night.

I want what is best for him and Kalk. If going pro makes sense (or is possible), then great. But if making a lot of money to stay one more year at Creighton is best, let's roll. The one thing that would be very hard would be to see either of them in another school's jersey next season. They're Creighton greats, and in this mercenary era, both of them retiring (or staying) Jays would mean a lot.
DC_JAY

Postby #RollJays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:36 pm

DC_JAY wrote:
#RollJays wrote:I feel like Trey coming back is a lot higher probability than we think based off his interview last night.

I want what is best for him and Kalk. If going pro makes sense (or is possible), then great. But if making a lot of money to stay one more year at Creighton is best, let's roll. The one thing that would be very hard would be to see either of them in another school's jersey next season. They're Creighton greats, and in this mercenary era, both of them retiring (or staying) Jays would mean a lot.

Yeah I’m pretty sure if our NIL started a keep Kalk and Trey collection that plate would get filled pretty quickly.
#RollJays

Postby LawJay » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:03 pm

#RollJays wrote:
DC_JAY wrote:

Yeah I’m pretty sure if our NIL started a keep Kalk and Trey collection that plate would get filled pretty quickly.

https://twitter.com/BluejayMBB/status/1 ... 6661001663
LawJay

Postby #RollJays » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:19 pm

Yep I’m $666 into bringing the boys back.
#RollJays

Postby chairclanger » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:35 pm

If last year is any indication, predicting the portal will be about as accurate as picking a tournament bracket. Something will come out of the blue that we aren't expecting. Anyone who had R2 going to Gonzaga last year had one heck of a crystal ball. I would certainly not have projected that Lawson would be a non-contributor this year and Traudt would have minimal impact. The mantra now is "get old and stay old", so expect the Jays to be actively pursuing at least a couple of upperclassman transfers. We know that Bello and Baylor are gone, and Kalk and Trey are question marks. I would expect Ash, Troudt, Miller and Green back. I think at least 3 of the remaining group will leave (most likely King, Lawson, Vice). That prediction is probably about as accurate as my bracket that had Kentucky in the Final Four.
chairclanger

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:11 pm

Not really tied tight into what is happening with the redshirts - is there a reason you think Vice is going to go portaling?
TrueBlueJay

Postby Realhoops » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:35 pm

jaysfan3 wrote:
Bryant wrote:My predication

PG: Ashworth / Doztler / Davis
SG: Transfer / Johnson / Knox
SF: Transfer
PF: Miller / Green / McAndrew (log jam)
C: Transfer / Traudt / Vice

*Kalk?? I don’t know, obviously hope he stays.
*Trey is NBA or G-League bound.
*King and Lawson.. Transfer.

I don’t think Miller will ever be able to handle the ball well enough to play the three.. Also seems like he has no desire to ever drive to the rim - reminds me of Kaleb Korver in that regard lol. Anyone remember his awesome reverse layup?

Trey isn’t leaving our NIL to make 50k (?) in the G league.

Very few leave early intending to be in the g league. It’s making them actually realize that’s where they are most likely destined that is tough — they tend to have confidence that they will be in the big show and / or have camps around them convincing them of it.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby westojay » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:45 pm

westojay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops