NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby OKBluejay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:21 pm

The MU/Colorado game was really fun to watch. Definitely a contrast to the typical Big East rock fight.
OKBluejay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:24 pm

OKBluejay wrote:The MU/Colorado game was really fun to watch. Definitely a contrast to the typical Big East rock fight.

Marquette's got a really good team, but I worry they are missing a rim protector for too deep of a run. That said, Kolek and Iso and Jones make a really good set of options for them!
Chicagojayfan

Postby JayPharmAlum » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:47 pm

Would enjoy seeing Utah State upset Purdue, but am I wrong to think that if we advance past Tennessee that Purdue would be a better matchup than Gonzaga the way they’re playing?
JayPharmAlum

Postby section221jay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:02 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:Would enjoy seeing Utah State upset Purdue, but am I wrong to think that if we advance past Tennessee that Purdue would be a better matchup than Gonzaga the way they’re playing?

Gun to my head I'll take Gonzaga. Edy could eat Kalk's lunch 1 on 1 (yes, I know I'm going to get killed for saying that).

Not sure great play always translates week to week in the tourney. It's a whole new weekend next week and I'm actually encouraged that CU got there ot playing theor best. CU can, and will need to, play better than they have the last couple weeks. They're due.
Last edited by section221jay on Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
section221jay

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 pm

JayPharmAlum wrote:Would enjoy seeing Utah State upset Purdue, but am I wrong to think that if we advance past Tennessee that Purdue would be a better matchup than Gonzaga the way they’re playing?

I would really like to see Kalk and Edey play each other. Edey has an edge on size but Kalk would run him ragged

It would be fun to see if Kalk could outplay the national POY.
SeattleJay

Postby OKBluejay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:15 pm

Chicagojayfan wrote:
OKBluejay wrote:The MU/Colorado game was really fun to watch. Definitely a contrast to the typical Big East rock fight.

Marquette's got a really good team, but I worry they are missing a rim protector for too deep of a run. That said, Kolek and Iso and Jones make a really good set of options for them!

Yeah, if you can withstand their defensive activity without turning the ball over, you can get good looks against Marquette. They get NC State next. NCSU isn't that good, but the one thing they are good at this season is not turning the ball over. That could help to keep them in the game.
OKBluejay

Postby Realhoops » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:19 pm

section221jay wrote:
Edy could eat Kalk's lunch 1 on 1 (yes, I know I'm going to get killed for saying that).

And you should. Pretty much zero reason to think that. Edey has not had anyone even remotely like Kalk to challenge him in that conference. He’s an incredible player but he also absolutely feasts on using his size to completely overwhelm the other team. Kalk can stand up to that much better than anyone Edey has had to deal with. And if you limit Edey, Purdue becomes much more vulnerable.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby section221jay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:40 pm

Realhoops wrote:
section221jay wrote:
Edy could eat Kalk's lunch 1 on 1 (yes, I know I'm going to get killed for saying that).

And you should. Pretty much zero reason to think that. Edey has not had anyone even remotely like Kalk to challenge him in that conference. He’s an incredible player but he also absolutely feasts on using his size to completely overwhelm the other team. Kalk can stand up to that much better than anyone Edey has had to deal with. And if you limit Edey, Purdue becomes much more vulnerable.

Hopefully we will find out and hopefully you're 100% correct.
section221jay

Postby jayc13 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:22 pm

Utah St is really missing Ashworth. Is he worth 30 pts though? Sure glad he's on our team!
jayc13

Postby jaykorver » Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:20 pm

Clemson clinging to a 2 point lead late. PJ Hall just fouled out.
jaykorver

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops