NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

NCAAT

Postby Realhoops » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:17 pm

So far the projections I have seen for teams likely to get sent here to play are not very inspiring. Iowa State might be the “marquee” team.

Wonder how many Creighton fans will sell tickets if the Jays are scheduled for Thursday / Saturday?
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby JayPharmAlum » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:48 pm

Cyclones are definitely coming to Omaha and I imagine they’ll bring a lot of fans. Would be fun to get South Dakota State or Drake.

Personally I’m hoping the Jays get sent to one of the Friday-Sunday sites: NY, Indy, Spokane or Memphis.
JayPharmAlum

Postby JayPak » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:14 am

Purdue and Marquette will go to Indy.
Memphis/Dallas would be ideal.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby taa71458 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:33 am

JayPharmAlum wrote:Cyclones are definitely coming to Omaha and I imagine they’ll bring a lot of fans. Would be fun to get South Dakota State or Drake.

Personally I’m hoping the Jays get sent to one of the Friday-Sunday sites: NY, Indy, Spokane or Memphis.

As someone who will be tied up at CHI for the games, I will be very disappointed if they bracket the Jays at a Th/Sat site (again).
taa71458

Postby mannygakou » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:47 am

taa71458 wrote:
JayPharmAlum wrote:Cyclones are definitely coming to Omaha and I imagine they’ll bring a lot of fans. Would be fun to get South Dakota State or Drake.

As someone who will be tied up at CHI for the games, I will be very disappointed if they bracket the Jays at a Th/Sat site (again).

Jays have been the Thursday/Saturday site once in the Mac era.
mannygakou

Postby Altmanforprez » Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:49 am

Memphis seems like the most likely landing spot, which would mean Friday/Sunday. Really hoping it plays out that way
Altmanforprez

Postby JayPharmAlum » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:01 am

Altmanforprez wrote:Memphis seems like the most likely landing spot, which would mean Friday/Sunday. Really hoping it plays out that way

Concerned that Houston and Baylor would be the seeded teams sent to Memphis.
JayPharmAlum

Postby Altmanforprez » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:07 am

JayPharmAlum wrote:
Altmanforprez wrote:Memphis seems like the most likely landing spot, which would mean Friday/Sunday. Really hoping it plays out that way

Concerned that Houston and Baylor would be the seeded teams sent to Memphis.

That's a good point, Baylor likely hopped past us. My next best guess would be Indy/Pittsburgh, hopefully Indy to stick on Friday/Sunday
Altmanforprez

Postby Jaybird » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:28 am

Realhoops wrote:So far the projections I have seen for teams likely to get sent here to play are not very inspiring. Iowa State might be the “marquee” team.

Wonder how many Creighton fans will sell tickets if the Jays are scheduled for Thursday / Saturday?

Lunardi is rarely right and he’ll change his mind ten times by Sunday, but if the crew he predicts for Omaha actually shows up here: Nevada—James Madison, Baylor—Oakland, Mississippi St—Utah St, Iowa St—Sam Houston; that looks like a kennel full of howling dogs. It would be almost like the committee was punishing Omaha for some reason. A definite sell situation, if there’s even a market beyond Iowa St. I doubt James Madison and Sam Houston themselves would have paid much to see matchups like those.
Jaybird

Postby Realhoops » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:49 am

Jaybird wrote:
Realhoops wrote:So far the projections I have seen for teams likely to get sent here to play are not very inspiring. Iowa State might be the “marquee” team.

Lunardi is rarely right and he’ll change his mind ten times by Sunday, but if the crew he predicts for Omaha actually shows up here: Nevada—James Madison, Baylor—Oakland, Mississippi St—Utah St, Iowa St—Sam Houston; that looks like a kennel full of howling dogs. It would be almost like the committee was punishing Omaha for some reason. A definite sell situation, if there’s even a market beyond Iowa St. I doubt James Madison and Sam Houston themselves would have paid much to see matchups like those.

Yeah -- that slate that he is predicting doesn't include a single time I would have any interest in watching for free on a Saturday from the comfort of my couch, let alone anyone I'd want to go down and check out in person. And honestly not sure that slate would even garner people getting their money back -- maybe Iowa State and Baylor fans would pay face value?

Guess we wait and see. And much, much, much more concerned with the Jays getting a Friday/Sunday slot than who ends up here, although a Thursday/Saturday slot I guess is easier to take if the slate here sucks so badly that you want to sell the tickets anyway.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Next

Return to Men's Hoops