NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby drbluejay » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:33 am

Tom Izzo wants the NCAA to look into the automatic bids from all conferences. I love the mid major and low major teams and so far this year, they have proved that they belong. The 11 and 12 seeds went 5-3 in the first round. Cinderella's are great for the game.
drbluejay

Postby mannygakou » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:50 am

JacobPadilla wrote:
westojay wrote:
PIAJay wrote:All Jacob is saying is that Jays fans would like him if he played for us. And I think it goes without saying that husker fans would LOATHE his antics if he played for us. Such is sports.

But he doesn’t play for us and wouldn’t be a fit in our system so why bring it up? Plus Trey is better, and they are the same position so I brought him up.

People were discussing him in this thread. You're the only one talking about Trey. Putting Tominaga on the team has nothing to do with him; it's just a hypothetical. He's a guy who absolutely loves basketball and is a lot of fun to watch. His teammates absolutely love him, and there's a reason so many people outside of the Nebraska fan base hopped on the bandwagon heading into the tournament.

Having characters in college basketball is good for the game, and he's certainly one of those.

As someone that isn't from nebraska and hasn't lived there since graduation, I think Tominaga is a really fun player and agree with Jacob that Jays fans would love him.

Also, even though I don't care for or about Nebraska basketball, or really any of their sports, I do enjoy that the 0 NCAAT wins graphic isn't going anywhere.
mannygakou

Postby drbluejay » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:31 am

The PAC 12 has the best record so far in the tournament at 4-0
If you want to count the play in games, the PAC 12 is 5-0
There is a reason they are called play in games as you need to win a play in game to make the first round of the tournament.
I know there are people that will disagree with me as everyone has their own opinion.
drbluejay

Postby skinzfan23 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:27 am

Going back to the Keisei talk for a moment some of my friends that are huge Nebraska fans were talking about retiring his jersey someday. All I could do is just laugh because the guy has barely scored 1000 points in three seasons. Baylor has done that in two seasons at two different programs in a much tougher conference, And probably will never get his jersey retired. The difference in standards between our programs is crazy.
skinzfan23

Postby jays34 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am

It's been a rough 127 year run for that program. So when someone comes along that can make a shot, I understand their excitement.

i hate to be such a shallow prick of a human being, but nothing brings me more joy than watching them lose. I'm feeling pretty confident that next year is definitely their year.... :D
jays34

Postby mel ott » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:57 am

jays34 wrote:It's been a rough 127 year run for that program. So when someone comes along that can make a shot, I understand their excitement.

i hate to be such a shallow prick of a human being, but nothing brings me more joy than watching them lose. I'm feeling pretty confident that next year is definitely their year.... :D

Thank goodness they ponied up another $1mil to keep their coach from being poached. With his record, you know everyone would be after him. Skurs seem to always pay more for a win than any other team (football and basketball).
mel ott

Postby taa71458 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:01 pm

mel ott wrote:
jays34 wrote:It's been a rough 127 year run for that program. So when someone comes along that can make a shot, I understand their excitement.

Thank goodness they ponied up another $1mil to keep their coach from being poached. With his record, you know everyone would be after him. Skurs seem to always pay more for a win than any other team (football and basketball).

It’s amazing how much Nebraska has to pay to get guys to come coach at their “dream job”.

Remember Hoiberg’s salary will only get larger each season he’s there.
taa71458

Postby DC_JAY » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:09 pm

Gonzaga dismantling Kansas. Nembhard with 12 assists so far.
DC_JAY

Postby 3ontheway » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:17 pm

DC_JAY wrote:Gonzaga dismantling Kansas. Nembhard with 12 assists so far.

Not surprised
3ontheway

Postby Jaybird » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:19 pm

CBS just showed an absolute college hoops legend sitting in the stands and identified him onscreen as "Danning Manning".

How soon they forget.

I miss those Nembhard dimes.
Jaybird

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops