NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby #RollJays » Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 am

section221jay wrote:I'm not sure the narrative that agressive/physical defense is CU's kryptonite is necessarily accurate.

Just the Tennessee game for example (I think they were a top 5 defnece?) the jays exceeded Tennessee's average shot% allowed by more than 10%, made 47% from 3 (admittedly they didn't get as many up as maybe they would have liked) and exceeded the vols' ppg by 10 or so. That game was lost because of a 5 minute lapse. Hell, they only turned it over 9 times.

The jays lost because of the lapse and getting beat pretty well on their defensive glass. They jays were toward the botton of the country in forcing turnovers and, without looking at each game, I'm guessing defensive rebounds were an issue in most losses. I'd focus on those areas more than anything else going forward. My 2 cents anyway

We had 3 losses this year where we were really out played physically. Colorado St, UConn and Tennessee. You could make the argument that the officiating crews in 2 of those 3 (Colorado St and Tennessee) let the teams play too much. There were times in those games where our guys would just kind of stop playing and look at the refs like “is this real?” Especially during Tennessee’s 18-0 run. 15 for Tennessee played great suffocating defense for what’s allowed in college but if that’s an nba game he’s fouling out in the first half.

You’re right on the defense glass as well. Your starting 4 man can’t play 20 minutes and only get 1 rebound. With Baylor face guarding Knecht, we needed somebody else to pick up the slack on the glass. Green did that for the most part during his minutes.

We are stlll vulnerable in the dare the refs to call it games because some refs are going to just call fouls evenly instead of correctly. UConn invites that type of game because they’ll hold you to 50 or less points in it.
#RollJays

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 am

It is quite frustrating that the 2 teams that won yesterday and are in the final four, both lost to Creighton.

But, if that’s my biggest problem, life is pretty good.

Happy Easter to everyone! Go Jays!
SeattleJay

Postby SDJay » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:19 am

SeattleJay wrote:It is quite frustrating that the 2 teams that won yesterday and are in the final four, both lost to Creighton.

But, if that’s my biggest problem, life is pretty good.

Happy Easter to everyone! Go Jays!

+1
"Have fun storming the Castle!"- Miracle Max
“Endeavor to persevere”- Lone Watie
SDJay

Postby #RollJays » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:49 pm

Tennessee at their foul count from Friday with 16:30 left in the game.
#RollJays

Postby Realhoops » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:01 pm

#RollJays wrote:Tennessee at their foul count from Friday with 16:30 left in the game.

And not committing any more actual fouls.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Jaysfan100 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:43 pm

All about match ups. I feel we would kick the crud out of Purdue . (They who got their buts kicked by Nebraska) but Tennessee who was a bad match up for us was in our way.

Alabama and uccon are in the final 4 who we beat.
Jaysfan100

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:49 pm

Jaysfan100 wrote:All about match ups. I feel we would kick the crud out of Purdue . (They who got their buts kicked by Nebraska) but Tennessee who was a bad match up for us was in our way.

Alabama and uccon are in the final 4 who we beat.

In my view, Jays outolayed Tenn except for an inexplicable 5 minutes in the second half.
TrueBlueJay

Postby LJay » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:56 pm

Apologies if this was already posted but didn’t see it. Congrats Baylor.

89 - 60
LJay

Postby jays911 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:27 pm

Knecht was 14-31 today. Volume shooter.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby jayc13 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:50 pm

Probably should put it in its proper place...

Underwhelming first semifinal. Lots of bad offense. Second game should be much better.
jayc13

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops