NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby PIAJay » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:52 pm

All Jacob is saying is that Jays fans would like him if he played for us. And I think it goes without saying that husker fans would LOATHE his antics if he played for us. Such is sports.
"I've never been to Alaska, but I can tell you this,
I've been to Lincoln, Nebraska and hell you know it ain't worth shit"
Dallas Green
PIAJay

Postby jaysfor3 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:55 pm

Jacob I incredibly respect your work and views.

IMHO, Fred, a likeable guy, finally stopped recruiting selfish showboat players playing hero ball to try to get wins and found players to play team ball before he got canned.

I agree. Can he recruit better players that aren’t hero ball players fast enough before the Big 10 improves overall again?

Keisei can get it going on offense but what’s annoying about him and it would be true if he played for The Jays is that his antics good or bad after nearly play is over the top.

Baylor blows a kiss to the crowd every now and then, but not after every shot made and not so dramatically all the time. And then Keisei’s drama about not getting a foul called on his opponent playing him nearly every time is too much.

I would be annoyed if he did that as a Jay and I bet so would Mac!
jaysfor3

Postby westojay » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:58 pm

PIAJay wrote:All Jacob is saying is that Jays fans would like him if he played for us. And I think it goes without saying that husker fans would LOATHE his antics if he played for us. Such is sports.

But he doesn’t play for us and wouldn’t be a fit in our system so why bring it up? Plus Trey is better, and they are the same position so I brought him up.
westojay

Postby section221jay » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:53 pm

How pissed off does Seton Hall have to be watching this tourney? They would whack NU, TTU, Nevada, Dayton, etc.
section221jay

Postby JacobPadilla » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:58 pm

westojay wrote:
PIAJay wrote:All Jacob is saying is that Jays fans would like him if he played for us. And I think it goes without saying that husker fans would LOATHE his antics if he played for us. Such is sports.

But he doesn’t play for us and wouldn’t be a fit in our system so why bring it up? Plus Trey is better, and they are the same position so I brought him up.

People were discussing him in this thread. You're the only one talking about Trey. Putting Tominaga on the team has nothing to do with him; it's just a hypothetical. He's a guy who absolutely loves basketball and is a lot of fun to watch. His teammates absolutely love him, and there's a reason so many people outside of the Nebraska fan base hopped on the bandwagon heading into the tournament.

Having characters in college basketball is good for the game, and he's certainly one of those.
JacobPadilla

Postby Jaybird » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:01 pm

While I don’t want to spend even a second imagining that guy as a Jay, it is fun to wonder how that whole Asian Billy Hoyle “I don’t know myself how I make some of those shots” routine would play at, say, Providence or Xavier or Nova. I’m pretty sure the St. John’s crowd would treat it all in good fun too.
Jaybird

Postby westojay » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:04 pm

JacobPadilla wrote:
westojay wrote:

People were discussing him in this thread. You're the only one talking about Trey. Putting Tominaga on the team has nothing to do with him; it's just a hypothetical. He's a guy who absolutely loves basketball and is a lot of fun to watch. His teammates absolutely love him, and there's a reason so many people outside of the Nebraska fan base hopped on the bandwagon heading into the tournament.

Having characters in college basketball is good for the game, and he's certainly one of those.

I only brought up Trey because they are the same position.
And having characters is good for the game is true but it can also get tiresome. I’ll never forget when Ty Berry and Boo Buie mocked the KT stuff, Soloman from TAMU as well. I see all 3 are still dancing fwiw
westojay

Postby GWJay » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:08 am

Burn the last couple pages of this thread to the ground. Relish CREIGHTON'S incredible position and focus on the thread that centers on THIS team. Nebraska had a great year by their terms. Cool to have a team from the same state be represented in a national tournament. We smoked them. We beat plenty of other teams soundly as well. Don't hate on others' success. Live in our own
GWJay

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:38 am

GWJay wrote:Burn the last couple pages of this thread to the ground. Relish CREIGHTON'S incredible position and focus on the thread that centers on THIS team. Nebraska had a great year by their terms. Cool to have a team from the same state be represented in a national tournament. We smoked them. We beat plenty of other teams soundly as well. Don't hate on others' success. Live in our own

Can I at least chuckle?
TrueBlueJay

Postby drbluejay » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:28 am

The BEast won games by 17, 18 and 39 points. Average margin of victory was 24.67 points. I see the big 3 all winning their 2nd round game by double figures, including the Jays vs Oregon game.
drbluejay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops