NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby Jaybird » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:28 am

Those would be quite possibly the least watched games of the 1st/2nd rounds (although they’d absolutely crush the greater metropolitan Waco, Reno and Starkville markets). There could be a bunch of NIT games that would get more eyeballs.
Jaybird

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:51 pm

Seen some Jays on the 4 line, would be disappointing
BenningtonBluejay

Postby DC_JAY » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:00 pm

BenningtonBluejay wrote:Seen some Jays on the 4 line, would be disappointing

I trust the Committee. Jays played a solid non-conference schedule, are top 12 in predictive and performance metrics, have 15 Q1/Q2 wins, and played 13 true road games (next best is 11). Notwithstanding last night's loss, this team is a 3 seed, and I think the Committee will see it this way as well.
DC_JAY

Postby Kolder Fan » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:11 pm

I guess since we have some time (unfortunately) - let's take a look at the competition. I don't dive too deep but this is how I see it:

- Creighton - 8-5 Q1 and 7-4 Q2 with a NC SOS of 54
- Kentucky - 6-5 Q1 and 2-2 Q2 with a Q3 Loss and a NC SOS of 164
- Illinois - 5-6 Q1 and 6-1 Q2 with a Q3 Loss and NC SOS of 145
- Alabama - 3-8 Q1 and 8-2 Q2 and a NC SOS of 18
- Iowa State - 8-6 Q1 and 6-1 Q2 with a NC SOS 326

I didn't go into the metrics too far obviously but these have to be a the top end of things the committee looks at? We compare very favorably to all of these. I guess I see us as a 3 but could be completely off base. Would love to get thoughts from those that take a deeper look to let me know if I am missing something. Also - in regards to Alabama - does the committee look at head to head?
Kolder Fan

Postby DC_JAY » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:23 pm

Kolder Fan wrote:I guess since we have some time (unfortunately) - let's take a look at the competition. I don't dive too deep but this is how I see it:

- Creighton - 8-5 Q1 and 7-4 Q2 with a NC SOS of 54
- Kentucky - 6-5 Q1 and 2-2 Q2 with a Q3 Loss and a NC SOS of 164
- Illinois - 5-6 Q1 and 6-1 Q2 with a Q3 Loss and NC SOS of 145
- Alabama - 3-8 Q1 and 8-2 Q2 and a NC SOS of 18
- Iowa State - 8-6 Q1 and 6-1 Q2 with a NC SOS 326

I didn't go into the metrics too far obviously but these have to be a the top end of things the committee looks at? We compare very favorably to all of these. I guess I see us as a 3 but could be completely off base. Would love to get thoughts from those that take a deeper look to let me know if I am missing something. Also - in regards to Alabama - does the committee look at head to head?

I really like this site: https://barttorvik.com/teamsheets.php

The link above is a great way to rack and stack teams based on metric and quad wins.

The team sheets are a lot of fun as well, if you like data: https://barttorvik.com/team.php?team=Creighton

You can create charts for many different statistical categories.

So much data.
DC_JAY

Postby Eye of the Jay » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:10 pm

WarrenNolan is also very helpful when comparing teams. https://www.warrennolan.com/basketball/ ... heets-plus

I don't see how any sane person could have us below Duke given we have more Q1 wins, better SOS and their losses are worse. However, they do get the benefit of the doubt a lot. Looking at bracketmatrix today, I don't see a single mock bracket with us at the 4.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Bama, Kentucky, Auburn, and Illinois are the only teams that can probably pass us at this point. A&M and Florida are both Q1 win opportunities today, but don't think that win alone would help. Since Bama and Kentucky would then play each other, I think the winner passes us with the loser staying behind us. Auburn doesn't have opportunity of Tennessee win. They'll have Miss. St. and probably Bama and Kentucky, so there's a chance they could move up (their NET is 6, but they only have 1/2 Q1 wins at this point)

Illinois could pass us with a B10 title, but again Ohio St. and Nebby(or Indiana) wins aren't huge, so it would need to be Purdue in the title game to really move the needle.

3 of those 4 teams would need to pass us in order to land at the 4 seed. It's definitely possible, but hopefully not probable.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Jaybird » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:31 pm

The first round matchup I'd most like to see: nebby vs Texas A&M. At halftime, Alberts could dramatically walk across the court from the cornflake side to TAMU, sort of like when the President crosses the field at half of the Army-Navy game, as both fanbases warmly applaud. I'm sure the same would happen with ole' Trev.
Jaybird

Postby Realhoops » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:50 pm

Jaybird wrote:The first round matchup I'd most like to see: nebby vs Texas A&M. At halftime, Alberts could dramatically walk across the court from the cornflake side to TAMU, sort of like when the President crosses the field at half of the Army-Navy game, as both fanbases warmly applaud. I'm sure the same would happen with ole' Trev.

I want to see Nebraska against anyone that will send them back home without their first every win.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby LJay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm

Y’all are cracked thinking you aren’t going to make a killing on your tickets selling them to Iowa State fans. They have about 10,000 fans at this Big 12 final.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:29 pm

Least favorite stat I’ve seen thrown around today:

Every NCAA champion in the last 39 years has at least reached their conference tournament’s semifinal game.

Streaks are meant to be broken!
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops