NCAAT

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: NCAAT

Postby Altmanforprez » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:39 pm

It seems like we are bound to have an unhinged tournament, between the portal and the COVID year, there seems to be more parity in the sport than anytime in my lifetime.

The bubble also seems stronger and deeper than I’ve remembered in awhile. Normally those last few teams out have some major blemishes, but there’s quite a few teams in the group who is going to get left out that could make a 2nd weekend run.

Good luck picking your Final 4 when the bracket comes out tomorrow.
Altmanforprez

Postby GWJay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:26 pm

Poor Indiana State is cooked if NCST beats UNC. Nice story line for NCST, but I hate when a team that has no business getting in gets in.
GWJay

Postby LJay » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:32 pm

Another bid steal in site with NC State plus Oregon has a chance. Terrible year to be on the bubble. Could the Big East only get three in?!!
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Dough Boy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:46 am

LJay wrote:Another bid steal in site with NC State plus Oregon has a chance. Terrible year to be on the bubble. Could the Big East only get three in?!!

Yes.

Dough Boy

Postby JayPak » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:11 am

Think Pitino Sr gets in First Four. Oklahoma out.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby DC_JAY » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:28 am

I don't expect more than four Big East teams, but only getting three would be garbage. Yes, I know that technically the Committee isn't supposed to consider conference allotments, but come on. Giving a team like Oklahoma, which played a non-con SOS of 262, somehow managed to play only 9 road games, and had an 8-10 conference record, a bid over St. John's or Seton Hall would be a travesty--metrics be damned.

That said, I agree that the teams on the 10 and 11 seed lines this year are salty, and I'm glad the Jays will avoid them in the first round. We could easily see multiple regions implode again this year.

Lastly, watching the top 10 this weekend, the Jays had a great chance to snag a 2 seed if they had played to their potential in NYC.
DC_JAY

Postby TrueBlueJay » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:40 am

I’m hoping the Pitino’s get pitted against each other in Dayton - though I’m pretty sure it can’t happen since the Lobos won their tournament.

Going to be a lot of bitching this year. I really don’t want to hear DickV’s or Bilas’ sanctimonious views.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Sec121Jay » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:22 am

Kinda hope this happens just so I can get rich.

https://x.com/jackmitchelllnk/status/17 ... Dv1EPHtE6w
Sec121Jay

Postby Jayday » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:17 am

Sec121Jay wrote:Kinda hope this happens just so I can get rich.

https://x.com/jackmitchelllnk/status/17 ... Dv1EPHtE6w

Same and that bracket has Creighton in Pitt which will be a Friday-Sunday game. Also would have our 1 seed be Iowa St. which I think is the weakest 1 by a decent margin. I kinda want to see how we would stack up with Purdue though.
Jayday

Postby Trifecta » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:18 am

Watching Husker Twitter not understand how NET works, all season, has been a joy.

The latest grievance is them dropping two spots after losing to Illinois while Michigan State going up two spots by doing nothing. It's almost as if the results from teams you've played previously mean something...
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops