2024 Transfer Portal

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal

Postby TXJaysFan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:45 pm

omajay wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:I wonder how much Mac and the staff know about the decisions of our top guys. Do they know with a level of certainty that Ashworth is staying? Do they know with a level of certainty that Trey is leaving? Do they know Kalk's plans? None of these decisions should be defined as "certain", but you have to figure the coaches have a general idea or understanding of the likelihood in each situation.

Then again, Ryan Nembhard threw a Bert Blyleven-level curveball at us last year, so perhaps that's a lesson learned for the staff.

I haven't seen Creighton linked to any bigs in the transfer portal. I understand the team and staff are busy, you know, trying to win a national championship. But a part of me wonders if they know something about Kalk, so they aren't going after bigs. Admittedly, that same of part of me may be overdosing on wishful thinking.

Obviously we could all be shocked, but I'm thinking Trey is 95% gone, Ashworth is 95% back, and Kalk is 50/50.

Everyone we've been linked to in the portal so far is either a combo guard, or a taller wing player. Which would lead you to think they expect Trey to go, and obviously Baylor is gone. We've haven't been linked to any good bigs in the portal, which is 100% our biggest need for next year if Kalk is gone. I trust the staff, so I'm hoping that's because they have a good feel that Kalk will return. If they felt otherwise, I assume they would have reached out to Omoruyi, William Kyle, Garrison, etc.

We have been linked to Amari Williams from Drexel. He is 6'10". Maybe he is more of a 4; but, we have plenty of 4s right now.

That means nothing. Kalk likely doesn't know for sure so Mac certainly doesn't. The team has to operate under the assumption that Kalk is leaving and try to replace him. If he stays, that's just gravy.
TXJaysFan

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:42 pm

TXJaysFan wrote:
omajay wrote:
bluejayfan00 wrote: I wonder how much Mac and the staff know about the decisions of our top guys. Do they know with a level of certainty that Ashworth is staying? Do they know with a level of certainty that Trey is leaving? Do they know Kalk's plans? None of these decisions should be defined as "certain", but you have to figure the coaches have a general idea or understanding of the likelihood in each situation.

Then again, Ryan Nembhard threw a Bert Blyleven-level curveball at us last year, so perhaps that's a lesson learned for the staff.

I haven't seen Creighton linked to any bigs in the transfer portal. I understand the team and staff are busy, you know, trying to win a national championship. But a part of me wonders if they know something about Kalk, so they aren't going after bigs. Admittedly, that same of part of me may be overdosing on wishful thinking.

Obviously we could all be shocked, but I'm thinking Trey is 95% gone, Ashworth is 95% back, and Kalk is 50/50.

Everyone we've been linked to in the portal so far is either a combo guard, or a taller wing player. Which would lead you to think they expect Trey to go, and obviously Baylor is gone. We've haven't been linked to any good bigs in the portal, which is 100% our biggest need for next year if Kalk is gone. I trust the staff, so I'm hoping that's because they have a good feel that Kalk will return. If they felt otherwise, I assume they would have reached out to Omoruyi, William Kyle, Garrison, etc.

We have been linked to Amari Williams from Drexel. He is 6'10". Maybe he is more of a 4; but, we have plenty of 4s right now.

Hmmm...interesting discussion during the middle of the NCAA Tourney.
Unless the 4 seniors and Trey all leave, we won't have room for the 2024 class or transfers. If the recruits land + Kalk and Ash return, we're at 13 scholies. It would be a shame to not get any PT for the 2023 class.
"This is our time. This is our great opportunity... Standing strong - for a great, great future." - Fr Timothy Lannon, SJ
“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Nicholas Klein (1918)
gtmoBlue

Postby #RollJays » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:35 pm

We will have multiple transfers it’s 2024.
#RollJays

Postby LJay » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:57 pm

Xavier has had EIGHT guys with eligibility enter the portal, one portalite coming aboard and McKnight saying he is staying. EIGHT. I expect many were run off by Miller and he’ll take a swing at rebuilding with transfers again. Led to a ninth place finish. What could go wrong? :roll:
89 - 60
LJay

Postby go_jays » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:02 pm

Not sure why... can't really put my finger on it... but I've never really been that impressed with Miller.
go_jays

Postby GoatGibbs » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

Disgree - Sean is a great coach. They're building a really quality roster.
GoatGibbs

Postby #RollJays » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

LJay wrote:Xavier has had EIGHT guys with eligibility enter the portal, one portalite coming aboard and McKnight saying he is staying. EIGHT. I expect many were run off by Miller and he’ll take a swing at rebuilding with transfers again. Led to a ninth place finish. What could go wrong? :roll:

One of the crazier things I saw was that Desmond Claude may hit the portal as well. His family really wants him to play PG.
#RollJays

Postby LJay » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 pm

LJay wrote:Ding, ding, ding. There ya have it folks, the 1,000 transfers mark has been breached (1,003 if you don’t want to click through).

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers

1151 D1, 748 D2.

Good night.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby go_jays » Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:47 am

GoatGibbs wrote:Disgree - Sean is a great coach. They're building a really quality roster.

We'll agree to disagree.
go_jays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:31 am

didn't see specific Creighton mention so I didn't put this in the Creighton thread, but Omaha Biliew (correction) MAY be in the portal now

https://twitter.com/SportsCastProd/status/1774268640428253340

could see this one moving to the Creighton thread also
Chicagojayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops