2024 Transfer Portal

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:20 am

HandDownManDown wrote:Kalk is a lot worse than 50/50. It’s going to take some convincing.

Please tell us what his thoughts are on his next steps, since you seem to be in the know.
TrueBlueJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:22 am

Returninf not being in his plans was the upshot of what I heard.

I will say Baylor went from 100 percent out to back in after one conversation with his folks, which is why I said it’ll take some convincing. And money of course talks, why wouldn’t it?

That said, what I’m saying is expect the worst.
Last edited by HandDownManDown on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
HandDownManDown

Postby yeti47 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:29 am

I was thinking there is a real chance we lose a lot... like after 2021. Being real. We might have a completely reloaded team with Mac's success combo of the recruiting class and portal. I'm not going to be shocked one way or if Kalk/Ash stay. Gonna ride the wave.
yeti47

Postby Dough Boy » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:53 pm

Dough Boy

Postby cu8493 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:35 pm

Wait, what?
cu8493

Postby #RollJays » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:59 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Returninf not being in his plans was the upshot of what I heard.

I will say Baylor went from 100 percent out to back in after one conversation with his folks, which is why I said it’ll take some convincing. And money of course talks, why wouldn’t it?

That said, what I’m saying is expect the worst.

I still think when it comes down to it he's going to make more money here next year than he would playing professionally overseas. Creighton should be able to make that pitch very easily.
#RollJays

Postby Jaysker12 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:14 pm

But kalk may feel that going overseas is better for his growth as a player. He has nothing left to gain at this level outside of ncaa tournament team achievements.
Jaysker12

Postby #RollJays » Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:26 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:But kalk may feel that going overseas is better for his growth as a player. He has nothing left to gain at this level outside of ncaa tournament team achievements.

Yep... the dollars are guaranteed. The growth isn't. He can still grow here and there is documentation of that.
#RollJays

Postby omajay » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:19 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:I wonder how much Mac and the staff know about the decisions of our top guys. Do they know with a level of certainty that Ashworth is staying? Do they know with a level of certainty that Trey is leaving? Do they know Kalk's plans? None of these decisions should be defined as "certain", but you have to figure the coaches have a general idea or understanding of the likelihood in each situation.

Then again, Ryan Nembhard threw a Bert Blyleven-level curveball at us last year, so perhaps that's a lesson learned for the staff.

I haven't seen Creighton linked to any bigs in the transfer portal. I understand the team and staff are busy, you know, trying to win a national championship. But a part of me wonders if they know something about Kalk, so they aren't going after bigs. Admittedly, that same of part of me may be overdosing on wishful thinking.

Obviously we could all be shocked, but I'm thinking Trey is 95% gone, Ashworth is 95% back, and Kalk is 50/50.

Everyone we've been linked to in the portal so far is either a combo guard, or a taller wing player. Which would lead you to think they expect Trey to go, and obviously Baylor is gone. We've haven't been linked to any good bigs in the portal, which is 100% our biggest need for next year if Kalk is gone. I trust the staff, so I'm hoping that's because they have a good feel that Kalk will return. If they felt otherwise, I assume they would have reached out to Omoruyi, William Kyle, Garrison, etc.

We have been linked to Amari Williams from Drexel. He is 6'10". Maybe he is more of a 4; but, we have plenty of 4s right now.
omajay

Postby Ethanfor3 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:33 pm

I don't think we can assume anything with regards to Kalk right now. I doubt he 100% knows how he feels about it.

My guess, and strong hope, is that they are in the moment right now preparing for the next game. Think about it...they are on a mission to beat Tennessee and advance, they're probably not wasting a ton of time thinking about the future other than this could be their last college game. Realistically, they won't know how they really feel about next year until the season is over. Kalk's been here a long time, I hope we get him for a little longer.

I'm also guessing the staff hasn't had exit interviews given we're in the middle of the tournament. Will Fred stay...my guess is no as Mac will recruit over him, even if Kalk comes back I would expect.

There will be plenty of guys available after the season and Mac has proven he has the ability to reload.

Go Jays
Ethanfor3

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops