Re: 2024 Transfer Portal

Postby jays911 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:47 pm

Fidler to MSU.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:51 pm

LJay wrote:

To me, this means that Seton Hall has serious NIL issues.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:07 pm

jays911 wrote:Fidler to MSU.

Not sure how I feel about this one. Frankie's numbers were strong at Omaha. The local flavor is always an added benefit. For some reason, I never got super excited about him being on our roster. Beggars can't be choosers, and on paper, he looked like a reasonable replacement for Baylor. To be clear, he's no Baylor, but brought some of the same skillsets and would play the same position.

But, I'm not upset too much by this one. It also gives me additional hope - and maybe it's misdirected false hope - that portal players consistently choosing elsewhere means those waiting to make a decision to return to CU might be coming back. That's way overthinking it, perhaps. But not an unreasonable possibility.

In CU I trust! Mac seems to always come through with something during the offseason. I remain hopeful that will happen again.
vivid_dude

Postby BirdBoy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:16 pm

jays911 wrote:Fidler to MSU.

I swear I heard somewhere that he wanted to stay closer to home. I guess that's the power of Tom Izzo.
BirdBoy

Postby skinzfan23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 pm

Yeah for whatever reason, I don't feel that bad missing out on him. He is a good player, but out of his 4 schools that he narrowed it down to, (big 10 and big east) all of them will be huge step up in competition. We will see how he does with it. Good luck to him.
skinzfan23

Postby TrueBlueJay » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:19 pm

Kaluma declaring for NBA
TrueBlueJay

Postby JayPak » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:14 am

AttyAlum wrote:
LJay wrote:

To me, this means that Seton Hall has serious NIL issues.

Hall’s own fans say the same constantly, on their board.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:14 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Kaluma declaring for NBA

Figured this was coming. I don’t think he had the breakout year he was expecting.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby SeattleJay » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 am

AttyAlum wrote:

Figured this was coming. I don’t think he had the breakout year he was expecting.

Interesting that Kaluma didn’t say if he was maintaining his college eligibility or not.
SeattleJay

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 am

SeattleJay wrote:
AttyAlum wrote:

Interesting that Kaluma didn’t say if he was maintaining his college eligibility or not.

So many super-talented kids must go through this every year. Since they were in 8th grade, they stood out. NBA dreams dominate their thoughts. That's the likeliest (only?) destination in their minds. The chatter around them confirms this NBA path, whether it's recruiters, college coaches, agents, fans, freeloaders, family.

Then, it doesn't quite go as anticipated. Very solid college player. Glimpses of greatness, but that projected lottery pick prediction never comes. Dreams not completely stomped, but less certain. Some doubt must creep in. At such a young age, that must be rough.

I always thought Kaluma's ceiling NBA comp was Pascal Siakam. Their games had some similarities. But in watching his few years at Creighton, and seeing him enough this past year at K-State, for whatever reason - that expected jump in his game never happened.

Maybe that jump is still in there. Some players don't show everything until they devote 100% of their time to basketball. I hope he kills it as a professional. He worked his butt off at Creighton and was always a good representative of the University.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops