2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby SonofFrankTomera » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:59 pm

Cream Abdul Jabber.
SonofFrankTomera

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:27 pm

89 - 60
LJay

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:29 pm

As fans - myself included - get antsy about lack of Creighton news on the transfer front, I'm trying to find some silver linings or explanations. Here's what I came up with.

1. Lack of activity means our roster will not have the turnover we feared heading into the offseason. More direct way of saying that: Ash, Kalk and Trey are all staying.

2. As NEW players join the portal - a real good one from North Florida (Chaz Lanier, 20-point scorer who shot 44% from three) hit it today - other rosters are pretty filled in, and thus it eliminates competition, giving Creighton a better chance. Plus, I've always wanted to root for someone named "Chaz." Added bonus.

3. CU has done quite well in recent years with transfers. I doubt Mac forgot how to sell his style, so lack of activity could be intentional - meaning there's a plan. We don't know it. Our feeble brains may not be able to grasp it. But it's there and our jaws will hit the floor when it is unveiled.

The End.
vivid_dude

Postby WBR Tom » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:22 pm

FWIW, the civil lawsuit against Pop Isaacs has been dismissed and a Title IX panel found him "not responsible".

WBR Tom

Postby Helmzy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:29 pm

WBR Tom wrote:FWIW, the civil lawsuit against Pop Isaacs has been dismissed and a Title IX panel found him "not responsible".

CIVIL Lawsuit dismissed. Haters are rattled. Can't wait to watch those same haters cheer when he gets buckets next year in Omaha :lol:
Helmzy

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:39 pm

Helmzy, there were a million ways you could have shared that news with the world. I feel like you chose the absolute worst of those options. Why, man?

Fans were upset we were recruiting someone who allegedly sexually assaulted a minor. That's not an unreasonable opinion. If the civil case is dismissed, that's newsworthy. But using that as a way to rub it in to people who wanted high character to come along with Creighton players? On a message board of some of the most devoted Creighton fans, when you are trying to create a business around covering Creighton basketball?

Consider hiring an agent. You're giving yourself terrible advice.
vivid_dude

Postby Helmzy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:41 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Helmzy, there were a million ways you could have shared that news with the world. I feel like you chose the absolute worst of those options. Why, man?

Fans were upset we were recruiting an alleged rapist. That's not an unreasonable opinion. If the civil case is dismissed, that's newsworthy. But using that as a way to rub it in to people who wanted high character to come along with Creighton players? On a message board of some of the most devoted Creighton fans, when you are trying to create a business around covering Creighton basketball?

Considering hiring an agent. You're giving yourself terrible advice.

Pop has a bad taste in his mouth from fan reaction here. Texas Tech said he was in good standing. Coaches did their due diligence. But it might be too late with Pop so yeah kinda pissed as is a lot of other people who gave Pop benefit of doubt
Helmzy

Postby bluejayfan00 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:49 pm

Helmzy wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Helmzy, there were a million ways you could have shared that news with the world. I feel like you chose the absolute worst of those options. Why, man?

Fans were upset we were recruiting an alleged rapist. That's not an unreasonable opinion. If the civil case is dismissed, that's newsworthy. But using that as a way to rub it in to people who wanted high character to come along with Creighton players? On a message board of some of the most devoted Creighton fans, when you are trying to create a business around covering Creighton basketball?

Pop has a bad taste in his mouth from fan reaction here. Texas Tech said he was in good standing. Coaches did their due diligence. But it might be too late with Pop so yeah kinda pissed as is a lot of other people who gave Pop benefit of doubt

If he has a bad taste in his mouth from online fan reaction, he might be in the wrong business. I'm happy for him that this is behind him legally, but if you think he's still not going to get chanted at for this everywhere he goes next year idk what to tell you. If he isn't going to come here because of fan reaction, which other schools that were in on him were also doing, IDK where he's going to go and feel like he doesn't have a "bad taste" in his mouth
bluejayfan00

Postby Helmzy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:
Helmzy wrote:

If he has a bad taste in his mouth from online fan reaction, he might be in the wrong business. I'm happy for him that this is behind him legally, but if you think he's still not going to get chanted at for this everywhere he goes next year idk what to tell you. If he isn't going to come here because of fan reaction, which other schools that were in on him were also doing, IDK where he's going to go and feel like he doesn't have a "bad taste" in his mouth

I understand that and I agree with you. Unfortunately, this is how kids are these days. They take these online interactions very personally (myself admittedly included). I can confirm Pop has a bad taste in his mouth from our fan reaction. That's why I questioned the people who bashed on him publicly on twitter.
Helmzy

Postby HoopsFan01 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:04 pm

To be fair, I really still don't think we want Pop at Creighton.

He is just not that good. He is extremely inefficient. Pretty small. I have my doubts after watching him a hand full of games the past 2 years.

Not sure it would be a great fit.
HoopsFan01

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops