2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby WBR Tom » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:14 pm

Here's a deeper dive on Jamiya Neal with a bunch of highlights and interesting stats I dug up:

https://whiteandbluereview.com/creighto ... er-portal/
WBR Tom

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 pm

Jamiya is exactly what we needed in the portal. Height, length, and athletic ability. From a roster structure perspective, he replaces Baylor.

If Trey leaves, we still need another starter-level guard.

If Trey stays...I think we still need another guard? Someone like FF who can play 1 through 3 depending on the needs of the day. LJ will play 2 and 3 off the bench.
Jaysker12

Postby LJay » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:01 pm

No surprise. Get ready to write big estimated tax payment checks son.

89 - 60
LJay

Postby drbluejay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:30 am

Wisconsin coach Gard implies in todays OWH that Chucky is getting 3 times more NIL than Wisconsin was willing to give. Coach Gard isn't angry and says he doesn't blame him as he would tell his own son to do the same thing.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am

I watched 6 minutes of Neal's highlights and saw what appeared to be a good player. What I don't understand is it appeared he didn't get much interest from other powers both in the portal and from high school. I couldn't find him on any of the transfer portal rating sites with most sites listing 50 to 80 deep.
drbluejay

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:00 am

89 - 60
LJay

Postby go_jays » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:41 am

drbluejay wrote:I watched 6 minutes of Neal's highlights and saw what appeared to be a good player. What I don't understand is it appeared he didn't get much interest from other powers both in the portal and from high school. I couldn't find him on any of the transfer portal rating sites with most sites listing 50 to 80 deep.

It's about "fit". How well does he "fit" into the schemes Mac wants to use and is he filling a void in the team. And what does Mac and the staff think he brings to the locker room.

Assembling rosters and "teams" isn't any different than putting together some type of machine. They are all cogs... albeit cog's that often think and have "minds of their own"... Which is why you can't just program/code a team like you would a computer.

Yes, it's really more like being a chemist. That would probably be the best analogy I could offer. And apparently, he is the right chemical to make "it" happen.
go_jays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am

go_jays wrote:
drbluejay wrote:I watched 6 minutes of Neal's highlights and saw what appeared to be a good player. What I don't understand is it appeared he didn't get much interest from other powers both in the portal and from high school. I couldn't find him on any of the transfer portal rating sites with most sites listing 50 to 80 deep.

It's about "fit". How well does he "fit" into the schemes Mac wants to use and is he filling a void in the team. And what does Mac and the staff think he brings to the locker room.

Assembling rosters and "teams" isn't any different than putting together some type of machine. They are all cogs... albeit cog's that often think and have "minds of their own"... Which is why you can't just program/code a team like you would a computer.

Yes, it's really more like being a chemist. That would probably be the best analogy I could offer. And apparently, he is the right chemical to make "it" happen.

I think Neal's likely a great fit for what this team needs and is pretty versatile offensively and especially defensively. While uncommon on our roster, his skills aren't as unusual for other teams, which is why they downgrade how inefficient he is offensively

And while there are inefficient guys who are ranked highly in the portal, they tend to be guys who have the ball in their hands and make plays for themselves (e.g, Richmond, Pops, etc.) - at least that's my thinking on why some value him less than others. For us, he's especially valuable because he helps fill some holes on our roster
Chicagojayfan

Postby WBR Tom » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 am

St. John's, SMU, and BYU are now involved with Pop Isaacs, in addition to Creighton and Ole Miss.
WBR Tom

Postby LJay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:32 am

Didn’t like Shadow Ridge.
89 - 60
LJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops