2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:06 am

LJay wrote:Interesting. Looking for a bigger bag?

quite possibly. Market seems all over the place (if the rumors are even remotely close to true), and while Bama has a style that would seem to suit him (Oklahoma and Creighton also seem to have a style of play that would work for him as well), but Bama also has the ability to spend a huge amount of money

The trend we are seeing this year isn't a good sign for college ball going forward.
Chicagojayfan

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:32 am

6 days left to declare for the NBA draft
SeattleJay

Postby go_jays » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:05 am

Realhoops wrote:Duke transfer primarily as a shooter — AOC 2.0?

O'Connell was waaaaaay underrated when he was here. He was an excellent shooter, a pretty good rebounder, GREAT movement off the ball and a decent defender. I would take him and Hawkins any day of the week and twice on NCAA Tournament days. Winners...
go_jays

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:19 am

go_jays wrote:
Realhoops wrote:Duke transfer primarily as a shooter — AOC 2.0?

O'Connell was waaaaaay underrated when he was here. He was an excellent shooter, a pretty good rebounder, GREAT movement off the ball and a decent defender. I would take him and Hawkins any day of the week and twice on NCAA Tournament days. Winners...

O'Connell was a work in progress when he got here and while he kept improving with us, he still had untapped potential

He was an absolute freak athlete. Is he still playing in Italy?
Chicagojayfan

Postby Jaysker12 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:11 am

Re: Trey and Kalk's plans, no news is good news. I'd have thought both would be either declared and/or portalled at this point in the offseason. The fact they've made no public moves seems to imply Creighton is on the table for their 24-25 season.

While a part of me would really like to see the roster turn over fully and have reduced expectations with a younger rotation next year, there's only upside to running it back another year. I'm starting to see it as a legit possibility..
Jaysker12

Postby omajay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:34 am

Interesting article in today's OWH. They picked up a story about Chucky from the Wisconsin paper. The article says Coach Fran said Iowa was losing Iowa PG Tony Perkins because his NIL MV was $500,000, and Iowa didn't have the NIL funds to match. The author speculates Chuck's MV is about the same since Perkins and Chucky was similar in quality. If our budget is in the neighborhood of $2 million (or even $3 million), that is a lot of money wrapped up in a PG.
omajay

Postby omajay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:37 am

Myron Amey of San Jose State committed to Loyola Maramount.
omajay

Postby blueblood » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:12 pm

SeattleJay wrote:6 days left to declare for the NBA draft

Stupid obvious question

So one week from today if they have not declared for the NBA draft and signed with an agent their only options are college basketball or a foreign team?
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby vivid_dude » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:16 pm

Sign of the times: this thread just hit 55 pages. And that’s just Creighton related. Much more transfer talk in other threads.

I’d wager if you took all the transfer conversations from the years 2000 to 2022, it wouldn’t have added up to anywhere near 55 pages.

Purists hate it. I’m not a purist, but the current version is unsustainable. The pendulum swung insanely too far. It used to be so inflexible, rigid and unfair. Now, it’s full-on free agency. Society can never seem to find common sense middle ground.

How do you go from “players aren’t allowed to accept a can of Dr. Pepper from a booster” to “Arkansas and its Walmart, Tyson Foods money threw an extra several duffle bags of cash at Player X to lure him away.”

Salary caps? Contracts for predetermined lengths of stay at a university for the funds received? Unionization? Strikes? Shutdowns? Congressional intervention? You gotta wonder where this craziness will end up.
vivid_dude

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:20 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:Re: Trey and Kalk's plans, no news is good news. I'd have thought both would be either declared and/or portalled at this point in the offseason. The fact they've made no public moves seems to imply Creighton is on the table for their 24-25 season.

While a part of me would really like to see the roster turn over fully and have reduced expectations with a younger rotation next year, there's only upside to running it back another year. I'm starting to see it as a legit possibility..

+1

Hopefully, Trey and Kalk noticed how a 5th year improved Baylor’s draft stock. It seems like the predictions I have seen make him a late first round pick.

Also, I’ve heard Mitch talk about his G league experience and to read between the lines, it seemed like it was definitely not a fun experience at times. Hopefully, Mitch is talking to the guys too.
SeattleJay

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops