2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby TXJaysFan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:40 pm

Jaybird wrote:
GoatGibbs wrote:I think the consensus on Fidler is that the staff would take a flier on him. Kind of a square peg in the roster as it's constructed. Given what's floating out there for his NIL figures I doubt it's going to happen for us. I would rather NU pay that kind of money for a kid that might not materialize on the defensive end of the floor.

I just don't see them speculating on a kid defensively this year with kalk probably gone. More likely we'll see them get a scoring 2 and a kalk replacement. The two guys we're connected to so far support that - amari williams and pierre.

For the record amari williams would be a huge get and we spend really competitively on bigs.

You keep telling us Kalk is gone. You seem to make a point of it in a lot of your posts (If I’ve got you mixed up with someone else, apologies). But nobody else seems to know, or at least they’re not saying.

So, do you have solid intel, or are you guessing?

Honestly, I don't think Kalk even knows, so anyone speculating is just fooling around. My guess is how the tourney goes could influence things a lot - unfinished business and maybe he comes back. Satisfying run and maybe it is time to play pro somewhere.

The fact that his NBA Draft stock has seemingly not improved or even dropped (basically late 2nd round to undrafted, depending on the mock draft) is certainly in the favor of returning.
TXJaysFan

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm

What I heard is don’t hold your breath on Ryan returning.

However that doesn’t mean Helmzy 2.0 knows anything.
HandDownManDown

Postby GoatGibbs » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm

Jaybird wrote:
GoatGibbs wrote:I think the consensus on Fidler is that the staff would take a flier on him. Kind of a square peg in the roster as it's constructed. Given what's floating out there for his NIL figures I doubt it's going to happen for us. I would rather NU pay that kind of money for a kid that might not materialize on the defensive end of the floor.

I just don't see them speculating on a kid defensively this year with kalk probably gone. More likely we'll see them get a scoring 2 and a kalk replacement. The two guys we're connected to so far support that - amari williams and pierre.

For the record amari williams would be a huge get and we spend really competitively on bigs.

You keep telling us Kalk is gone. You seem to make a point of it in a lot of your posts (If I’ve got you mixed up with someone else, apologies). But nobody else seems to know, or at least they’re not saying.

So, do you have solid intel, or are you guessing?

The rumor is out there, I'm just passing it along. How likely is it? maybe 10% chance if i had to guess. Still worth passing on imo. He would be a fool to not entertain a +$1mm offer if someone were to present it but I doubt creighton wouldn't match or at least try to. He's going to test out the draft, I think we can all agree on that. Creighton pays their bigs as well as anyone in the country and he's happy here in a GREAT scheme for his skillset. 3x BE DPOY.

It will become an increasingly common occurrence for guys to enter the draft and the portal and try to leverage offers to pull more money out of their current schools. Its in the best interest of these kids, a lot of whom will never have another chance to get that kind of money again. It's more lucrative then staying put and asking, same as any other industry.
GoatGibbs

Postby GoatGibbs » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:51 pm

omajay wrote:

What is the fascination with Pierre? He averaged 6 minutes a game and 1.8 points per game.

And yeah I'm fine on Pierre. Maybe they're trying to build out a bench and want to take on a kid that won't be a complete project, I'm fine with that. I'd hope he's not a starting option because the money is there if we want to compete for one. Just commenting on someone that we're actually confirmed to have contacted.
GoatGibbs

Postby Dough Boy » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:26 pm

You can't see it without expanding the graphic, but Frankie Fidler comes in at #9 (for now)

Dough Boy

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:08 am

Kale’s fiancé has a very good job here in Omaha. Kalk makes gpod money playing at Cu. He seems like a level headed, conservative kid. And this new kid on the board keeps insisting he is transferring.

We’ve heard it several times now. Please stop posting.
TrueBlueJay

Postby GoatGibbs » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Kale’s fiancé has a very good job here in Omaha. Kalk makes gpod money playing at Cu. He seems like a level headed, conservative kid. And this new kid on the board keeps insisting he is transferring.

We’ve heard it several times now. Please stop posting.

I have never said he's leaving creighton. I've been clear that I don't think it's likely.

And just so we're clear, if I hear from AAU coaches in two different states that this is a circulating, don't share it? If this isn't the place to get that kind of information I'm fine with taking that elsewhere.
GoatGibbs

Postby Trifecta » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 am

I've heard the same rumor -- he may enter the portal to see what his market value is. Not necessarily saying he would transfer. But the source of that rumor isn't the most reliable, so I'm not holding my breath.

I've always assumed Kalk was gone after this year because there is not much left for him to prove. Next year's roster will be in major flux and he can't necessarily count on the level of success that we've had in the past two seasons. That being said, if he's not getting the NBA feedback he wants it could be in his best interest to maximize his NIL earnings wherever he decides to play if he returns.
Trifecta

Postby LJay » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:42 am

So the new normal will be all players will enter the portal to see if they can get more elsewhere (facetious)?

By many reports, Mac has proved that he’ll move on and close the door on a return so you better factor all possibilities before playing that gambit.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby Trifecta » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:46 am

LJay wrote:So the new normal will be all players will enter the portal to see if they can get more elsewhere (facetious)?

By many reports, Mac has proved that he’ll move on and close the door on a return so you better factor all possibilities before playing that gambit.

Yes? This is a business now... Both ways. It's widespread in football and basketball is going the same way. You have to recruit your own roster each year.
Trifecta

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops