2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: 2024 Transfer Portal (Creighton-related)

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:17 pm

Vert very well could be different. Saw 44 on twitter from some CBB account
BenningtonBluejay

Postby GoatGibbs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:39 pm

#RollJays wrote:Creighton has reached out to Kyle. Not sure we have a chance with Kalk's decision looming. Kyle is definitely bigger than CB and a much better post defender. CB is probably a little more agile. That 44 inch vertical is just kind of pulled out of thin air though. Kid can jump out of the gym but his vertical aint 44 inches.

For the record some Nebraska MBB guys who would know have told me that Kyle grew up a creighton fan and would love to play for us. Their words are that Creighton would have to formally pass on or lowball him to get him to play elsewhere. Not sure a hometown discount is in play but it's definitely encouraging.

Defensively I see him as a big east player. I don't think it would take long to get him up to speed on that end of the court.
GoatGibbs

Postby #RollJays » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:44 pm

Zeke Mayo from South Dakota St in the portal. That'll be one to watch.
#RollJays

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:02 pm

go_jays wrote:I think we've gotten about as much as we can out of our Drop Coverage. I'd like to see us get some players that can defend 1v1 straight up.

And all we have gotten is three consecutive Sweet 16s! Not sure how much we should deviate from what got us there. Would it be nice to have more athletic one-on-one defenders? Of course. But you can't have everything. Creighton isn't going away from its #LetitFly style.

I guess we could look for a 6'7", 235-lb pound off guard with a 47 inch vertical and a 7'5" reach, that can outmuscle all of the opposition, be a lockdown perimeter and post defender, shoot 44% from three and 92% from FT line, shift to point guard in a bind, break the press, be an extension of the coaching staff on the floor, serve as an RA in the athlete dorms, major in astrophysics and be in year two of the diaconate formation program. I'd be in favor of signing such a player.

Tough to have it all in this style offense. Must recruit the players who fit the system. Some of the traits we all want don't exist in one player and are rarely interchangeable. (But I still get your point.)
vivid_dude

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
go_jays wrote:I think we've gotten about as much as we can out of our Drop Coverage. I'd like to see us get some players that can defend 1v1 straight up.

And all we have gotten is three consecutive Sweet 16s! Not sure how much we should deviate from what got us there. Would it be nice to have more athletic one-on-one defenders? Of course. But you can't have everything. Creighton isn't going away from its #LetitFly style.

I guess we could look for a 6'7", 235-lb pound off guard with a 47 inch vertical and a 7'5" reach, that can outmuscle all of the opposition, be a lockdown perimeter and post defender, shoot 44% from three and 92% from FT line, shift to point guard in a bind, break the press, be an extension of the coaching staff on the floor, serve as an RA in the athlete dorms, major in astrophysics and be in year two of the diaconate formation program. I'd be in favor of signing such a player.

Tough to have it all in this style offense. Must recruit the players who fit the system. Some of the traits we all want don't exist in one player and are rarely interchangeable. (But I still get your point.)

I mean, I don't think we will play the same style of defense once Kalk leaves. I think (?) that's what they OP was insinuating. The reason the drop is so effective is because how good Kalk is. If we don't have a great rim protecting 5, I think it'll look quite a bit different. When we had CB and MK, our coverage our 5's played was hard hedge and chase/recover
bluejayfan00

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:07 pm

Good points. If I misunderstood the intent of that drop coverage post, my bad. Apologies.

I still think we should recruit the 6'7" future deacon if he exists.
vivid_dude

Postby bluejayfan00 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:16 pm

The tweet won't post for me for whatever reason, but we reached out to George Mason guard Keyshawn Hall. 6'7, averaged 17 and 8 this year.

Also heard from BYU, Miss. St, Baylor, Iowa St, NC St, Georgetown, UCF
bluejayfan00

Postby GoatGibbs » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:26 pm

Is there a 'confirmed contact' list or board out there? Would be nice to have all the info in one place now that they're coming in hot
GoatGibbs

Postby bleedblue » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:52 pm

Related to this thread and the recent news with transfers, the calendar for basketball is so stupid. Our coaches should be 100% focued on the sweet 16 and instead of being able to do that they have to dedicate some time to reaching out to transfers and recruiting. NCAA needs to fix this issue.
Last edited by bleedblue on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleedblue

Postby Dough Boy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:53 pm

bluejayfan00 wrote:The tweet won't post for me for whatever reason, but we reached out to George Mason guard Keyshawn Hall. 6'7, averaged 17 and 8 this year.

Also heard from BYU, Miss. St, Baylor, Iowa St, NC St, Georgetown, UCF

Dough Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops