Oregon Game Thread

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Oregon Game Thread

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:54 am

Ash, Baylor and Kalk all had standout moments but My standout player award goes to Jason Green. It seemed like my eyes were on him the entire minutes he played. Mac, once again did a wonderful job of coaching and it showed down the stretch.
drbluejay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:01 pm

Yeah, there was really no stopping Cousinard. Trey was getting pancaked all night on the screen. Baylor did a better job frustrating him but honestly probably should have fouled out (was choking him at one point with no call). Made the stop on him in regulation when it mattered.

Credit to the guys for persevering when nothing was going right and shots weren’t falling. Can’t believe we pulled out that win.
Eye of the Jay

Postby SeattleJay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:06 pm

It wasn’t the biggest factor but winning the FT line at 13-4 has to help.

Having the lead at the end of games, it’s really great having Ashworth handle the ball and going to the line. His 2 FT’s toward the end of the first OT were absolutely needed.
SeattleJay

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:07 pm

Thankfully the team never stopped shooting 3's. after going 4-20 (20%) then went 11-19 (58%) after that. If this team makes it to the final 4, it won't be because we forced the ball into Kalk. To advance, the team needs to keep shooting 3's and keep shooting more 3's. If you miss a few, shoot more wide open 3's. LET IT FLY is our only chance to advance but some on this board think otherwise by continuing to shout out, stop shooting 3's. Thankfully Mac believes in his players shooting abilities.
PS, Down by 4 and give up!!!! never with this team.
drbluejay

Postby drbluejay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:15 pm

I was so hyped up after the game, I couldn't get to sleep until almost 2:00 central time and after listening to the radio show on 1620 AM, which lasted past 1:00.
drbluejay

Postby ictjay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:21 pm

drbluejay wrote:Thankfully the team never stopped shooting 3's. after going 4-20 (20%) then went 11-19 (58%) after that. If this team makes it to the final 4, it won't be because we forced the ball into Kalk. To advance, the team needs to keep shooting 3's and keep shooting more 3's. If you miss a few, shoot more wide open 3's. LET IT FLY is our only chance to advance but some on this board think otherwise by continuing to shout out, stop shooting 3's. Thankfully Mac believes in his players shooting abilities.
PS, Down by 4 and give up!!!! never with this team.

Down 58-52 at one point
ictjay

Postby ictjay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:25 pm

go_jays wrote:"Altman didn't win a gazillion games by being dumb, and he realized early on that the refs weren't going to stop Dante from setting the ugly moving screens, and that when he did those we weren't able to get over them and into a spot to effectively defend Couisnard so it was the bread and butter for their offense"

I was screaming at the TV all night long about that! IMO, it needs to be called way more often than it is. It's really a cheat code the way it's (not) being called, currently.

More enjoyable not to pay attention to the refs. All balances out.
ictjay

Postby Chicagojayfan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:37 pm

The Buddha wrote:
SeattleJay wrote:Chicagojay, another great summary post. You do a better job than the people who get paid to do this.
+1

thanks! I enjoy the details and have been fortunate enough to learn a ton from all the people on the board -- We are lucky to have so many people on the board who know the game in depth

Ha, if I were getting paid I'd have to write better things when we lose, but even thought I'm optimistic, I'm usually too depressed by the losses ;)
Chicagojayfan

Postby section221jay » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:44 pm

Looking at the stats I never would have guessed Couisnard was 13-33. Felt like about 70% watching the game.
section221jay

Postby anotherjayfan » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:52 pm

section221jay wrote:Looking at the stats I never would have guessed Couisnard was 13-33. Felt like about 70% watching the game.

I feel the same way but how many of those misses turned into Dante second chance points?
anotherjayfan

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops