Ryan Kalkbrenner

Talk about YOUR Creighton Bluejays!

Return to Men's Hoops

Re: Ryan Kalkbrenner

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:58 pm

Any truth to the rumor that he’s considering transfer options as well and that he has 1.2M on the table from CU and potentially 2M from other schools?
BenningtonBluejay

Postby #RollJays » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm

BenningtonBluejay wrote:Any truth to the rumor that he’s considering transfer options as well and that he has 1.2M on the table from CU and potentially 2M from other schools?

$2 million is a crazy number. No way that number is true.
#RollJays

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 pm

I always find it interesting when people “heard ……” without pointing to what they are referencing. Did someone say this to you directly? If true, how far downstream is the word received? First person? Second? Ninth? Did you read this somewhere? Post the web page. Is it in a text? Cut and paste it.

So ridiculous.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:09 pm

There are about 8 hours left to put your name in the transfer portal.

Correction: 32 hours left
Last edited by SeattleJay on Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleJay

Postby BenningtonBluejay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:13 pm

LJay wrote:I always find it interesting when people “heard ……” without pointing to what they are referencing. Did someone say this to you directly? If true, how far downstream is the word received? First person? Second? Ninth? Did you read this somewhere? Post the web page. Is it in a text? Cut and paste it.

So ridiculous.

Reactions like this is why people don’t bring up things. That’s why I said rumor, rumor could be true or could be false. If you need to know I heard it on the golf course from a fellow Creighton fan I don’t know how far down the line it is. Could have something to it, could be total BS. That’s why I asked if anyone had heard anything
BenningtonBluejay

Postby Eye of the Jay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm

Well…looks like another month of waiting to hear on Kalk. Glad we got King back - he’s got the tools to be a good big man, but he just needs to really put in the time in the gym to get his defense squared away.

If Kalk ends up staying in the draft, you gotta think we’d go Traudt/King at the 5 and try to add another wing (which we should be doing anyway). We’ll be a bubble team if that’s the case, but can’t have a 7’1 DPOY on the roster forever.
Eye of the Jay

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm

I think I'm done following this and the portal crap. This isn't CU basketball, it's a clown show.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby WBR Tom » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:29 pm

Here’s a little write up on Kalk’s legacy — whether as a capstone or whether it’s still in progress — and a six minute highlight reel I compiled.

https://whiteandbluereview.com/kalkbren ... igibility/
WBR Tom

Postby LJay » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:49 pm

BenningtonBluejay wrote:
LJay wrote:I always find it interesting when people “heard ……” without pointing to what they are referencing. Did someone say this to you directly? If true, how far downstream is the word received? First person? Second? Ninth? Did you read this somewhere? Post the web page. Is it in a text? Cut and paste it.

So ridiculous.

Reactions like this is why people don’t bring up things. That’s why I said rumor, rumor could be true or could be false. If you need to know I heard it on the golf course from a fellow Creighton fan I don’t know how far down the line it is. Could have something to it, could be total BS. That’s why I asked if anyone had heard anything

That’s the detail that helps folks judge the information. A follow up question of ‘where did you hear that’ doesn’t seem to have been asked so seems like the information trail stops. Rumors have been circling since the season ended about overtures to Kalk. I’ve heard them from two different fans who have no standing in the hierarchy of mucky-mucks so I don’t believe them for a second as they intimated that it was learned from social media.
89 - 60
LJay

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:20 pm

We have a very attractive offer on the table for Ryan. That much is true and OF COURSE WE DO, it would be criminally negligent if we didn’t.

As far as the rest goes - while I’ve heard nothing to that effect, I will say of course I expect there to be huge ass offers out to him, why wouldn’t there be? I would 100 percent expect there to be offers out there topping whatever we can come up with.

To that end, did anyone hear what Saban said on the draft about the Toledo CB who went to the Eagles? He said something like, ‘he was our top priority in the portal last offseason but we couldn’t get him to enter’.

And, right there it is. Buying guys off the roster is now de rigeur.
HandDownManDown

PreviousNext

Return to Men's Hoops