The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby westojay » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:16 pm

Badger football beating them yet again and just owning them physically. It's what the Huskers used to do in the 90s. Hahahaha I love it! On Wisconsin!
westojay

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:40 am

You know a fan base may need some Zoloft when one of the biggest narratives I've heard heading into this weekend's Ohio State game is "Urban Meyer is such a dick. You know he's going to run up the score to feed his fragile ego."

20 years ago, Nebraska would have won. Nobody can take that from us. :roll:
vivid_dude

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Bucket loads of tickets for sell on stub hub for $20 bucks to see UNL take on a top ten team. The greatest fans ever are showing some interesting colors.

That slide to mediocrity is over....they are way under mediocre. Where will the slide stop...they really can't be considered even a top 75 program right now.
TrueBlueJay

Postby LJay » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Yes, with their fake sellout streak facilitated by begging certain corporations to buy up huge blocks of crap tickets in the nosebleeds that they then give away for free to charities et al. Also, they’re widening the 16inches of bench so it seats less.

Bet they wouldn’t mind having Fred Flintstone back. He couldn’t coach a lick but he could recruit.

77 - 62
LJay

Postby cujaysfan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:10 pm

anyone know the final score from the husker v ohio state game?

did handsome bobby's defense dominate?
cujaysfan

Postby LJay » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Hire a 60-something coach from a mediocre west coast program. Result: SUCK!

Hire a 60-something AD from a mediocre west coast program. Result.........
77 - 62
LJay

Postby 1620Jay » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:56 am

LJay wrote:Hire a 60-something coach from a mediocre west coast program. Result: SUCK!

I know diddly squat about Moos outside of reading his Wiki page....but, are you saying Mike Leach was a bad hire? I may be a bit biased because I’m a Mike Leach fan boy but IMO he’s one of the best coaches in CFB. And no, I don’t think that means Moos will land some great coach at Nebraska but Washington St was surely worse off before he arrived.
1620Jay

Postby Jaynut » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:47 am

1620Jay wrote:
LJay wrote:Hire a 60-something coach from a mediocre west coast program. Result: SUCK!

I know diddly squat about Moos outside of reading his Wiki page....but, are you saying Mike Leach was a bad hire? I may be a bit biased because I’m a Mike Leach fan boy but IMO he’s one of the best coaches in CFB. And no, I don’t think that means Moos will land some great coach at Nebraska but Washington St was surely worse off before he arrived.

Just guessing here, but perhaps a reference to Riley.
Jaynut

Postby Jaybird » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:03 am

So, what search firm is nebraska using for all these hires? AARP? nebraska's becoming the retirement halfway house of college athletics. They hire like they're trying to fill vacancies in the College of Cardinals instead of their athletic department (although I bet Mike Riley never thought he'd see the day when he'd be considered part of a youth movement). If this trend continues, I can foresee the next football coach will be Lou Holtz; Lute Olsen for basketball; and introducing your next nebraska baseball coach, Tommy Lasorda.

Just thinking about this new AD's first meeting with Miles made me laugh a little because it brought to mind one of of my favorite cartoons as a kid--Moos and Squirrel.
Jaybird

Postby blueblood » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 am

In my life time this was the first time local TV did not interrupt programming to announce who was hired. If you go to OWH online I stopped counting at 7 different stories on the guy. Different is being generous. He's a rancher, a rural boy,he's a football guy, and don't forget, he's one of us. Best of all the headline in the OWH reads, His goal: NU in "rightful place". Can't make this shit up.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic