Poll - Who do you like in the MVC?

Return to Off Topic

Who do you want to see do well in the MVC?

Wichita State
10%
Evansville
1%
Indiana State
20%
Illinois State
8%
Loyola (IL)
14%
Bradley
7%
Drake
14%
Missouri State
4%
Southern Illinois
6%
Northern Iowa
15%

Total votes : 84

Re: Poll - Who do you like in the MVC?

Postby LynchMob » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:06 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:As of this moment, all 10 Valley teams have lost their most recent game, with WSU and UNI having dropped two straight.

Not that I particularly want him to have an illustrious career, but Gregg should have gotten out while the getting was good. Will never understand why he stayed at WSU with nowhere to go but down.

With the way the Valley is set up now, to get anything above a 12-13 line you have to go undefeated in the non-con AND undefeated in the Valley- it's too hard.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:20 pm

What program has done more for CU basketball than UNI? They recruited Doug and then allowed him to transfer. The coach is Doug's godfather.
SeattleJay

Postby Old MVC Days » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:40 pm

SeattleJay wrote:What program has done more for CU basketball than UNI? They recruited Doug and then allowed him to transfer. The coach is Doug's godfather.

The hell?
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby wes134 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:57 pm

I know they were the hated rival, but i would really like to see the Saluki's do well. And it is not because they were the rival or anything, i just really like coach Barry. He got hosed at Missouri state and i think he is a solid coach. As i recall he was always a good interview too
Feed the Toby the Ball!!!! The Toby is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 pm

SeattleJay wrote:What program has done more for CU basketball than UNI? They recruited Doug and then allowed him to transfer. The coach is Doug's godfather.

If you wanna troll, at least be good at it. Doug didn't "transfer" because he was never a student at UNI. He committed to UNI then, when his dad got the Creighton job, UNI let him out of his LOI. What UNI did, which was very gracious, prevented Doug from having to sit out a year. That is all.

And CU fans who know what the heck they are talking about know that the greatest contribution that UNI has made to Creighton is through one of UNIs alums, Bruce Rasmussen (he is our athletic director, since you don't seem to know much about Creighton or basketball).
Savannah Jay

Postby KenoshaJay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:45 pm

wes134 wrote:I know they were the hated rival, but i would really like to see the Saluki's do well. And it is not because they were the rival or anything, i just really like coach Barry. He got hosed at Missouri state and i think he is a solid coach. As i recall he was always a good interview too

Agree 100% Barry Hinson is a hoot: Solid coach, great family man and mentor for his players, and an exceptional interview. Check YouTube for some of his rants - Classic!
KenoshaJay

Postby LJay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 pm

I picked Drake as a couple of their fans are friends and they have suffered so horribly throughout the years sans their one year wonder team. It would be cool to see them have a multi-year run. Trouble is their AD SUCKS! With her around there is little hope for the future.

DUB is also a Cubs fan so he can dream, right?
77 - 62
LJay

Postby SeattleJay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:53 pm

why so grouchy? I've known Bruce since the early 80's and used to help out with his women's teams. I've been a Jay fan since 1976. And, you are correct Doug did not attend UNI. But he did sign a letter of intent and the UNI coach, who is Doug's godfather, allowed him out of his commitment which might not have happened as easily with another school. And, perhaps you have forgotten that Coach McDermott was formerly the coach at UNI. So, I don't really care about other MVC schools all that much but to answer the question posed, I will take UNI over WSU, SIU or former valley members like West Texas State. So, if you want to call me a troll after bleeding blue and white for 40 years, I'm not going to agree with you.
SeattleJay

Postby KenoshaJay » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:26 pm

SeattleJay wrote:why so grouchy? I've known Bruce since the early 80's and used to help out with his women's teams. I've been a Jay fan since 1976. And, you are correct Doug did not attend UNI. But he did sign a letter of intent and the UNI coach, who is Doug's godfather, allowed him out of his commitment which might not have happened as easily with another school. And, perhaps you have forgotten that Coach McDermott was formerly the coach at UNI. So, I don't really care about other MVC schools all that much but to answer the question posed, I will take UNI over WSU, SIU or former valley members like West Texas State. So, if you want to call me a troll after bleeding blue and white for 40 years, I'm not going to agree with you.

Solid post and excellent response SJ.

Glad you found the board, or were you a long time lurker?

No doubt that it was a big deal that UNI / Jacobson released Doug to play for the Jays. Arguably, the Jays might not be in the Big East if the release did not happen.

Keep posting!
KenoshaJay

Postby Jaynut » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:42 am

Drake's coach Giacoletti resigned after last night's game. 1-7 start for the Bulldogs--not good.
Jaynut

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic