Poll - Who do you like in the MVC?

Return to Off Topic

Who do you want to see do well in the MVC?

Wichita State
10%
Evansville
1%
Indiana State
20%
Illinois State
8%
Loyola (IL)
14%
Bradley
7%
Drake
14%
Missouri State
4%
Southern Illinois
6%
Northern Iowa
15%

Total votes : 84

Re: Poll - Who do you like in the MVC?

Postby Polyfro » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:02 pm

SeattleJay wrote:why so grouchy? I've known Bruce since the early 80's and used to help out with his women's teams. I've been a Jay fan since 1976. And, you are correct Doug did not attend UNI. But he did sign a letter of intent and the UNI coach, who is Doug's godfather, allowed him out of his commitment which might not have happened as easily with another school. And, perhaps you have forgotten that Coach McDermott was formerly the coach at UNI. So, I don't really care about other MVC schools all that much but to answer the question posed, I will take UNI over WSU, SIU or former valley members like West Texas State. So, if you want to call me a troll after bleeding blue and white for 40 years, I'm not going to agree with you.

Good stuff, SeattleJay, and welcome to the board. Hope you stick around and continue posting!
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby section202jay » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:21 pm

DeVries was a candidate before for Drake.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby Realhoops » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:27 pm

section202jay wrote:DeVries was a candidate before for Drake.

Have to think the climate and AD there now would turn him away this time around, though.
--Walt Whitman
Realhoops

Postby Old MVC Days » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Rumors of Wichita State moving to the American conference.
"This feels almost ... holy, as if Wragge and Co. were some breakaway group of ascetics who decided to shoot threes instead of chant sutras." - Deadspin
Old MVC Days

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:57 pm

Can you imagine the Valley if WSU leaves?

TrueBlueJay

Postby Jays26 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Old MVC Days wrote:Rumors of Wichita State moving to the American conference.

I have lost track, what is left in that Conf? UConn, but they seem to have fallen hard. Cincinnati is about the only decent team that comes to mind.

I'm sure all the conf members will be thrilled with them the first time they witness one of the their many fat and ugly female fans flashing the shocker sign. :lol:

I still have a hard time getting that disturbing image out of my mind whenever I hear about the Turds.
Jays26

Postby LJay » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:08 pm

You're cracked if you don't think that move would cause an infestation of Turds here crowing about the superiority of their new conference.

Ugh, I hate Turds. Keep them away.
77 - 62
LJay

Postby Polyfro » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:50 am

Longtime Bradley beat writer Dave Reynolds reported that the MVC is coming to Omaha to vet the Mavs as a possible expansion candidate, and will also visit (or already has) Murray State, Valpo, and UW-Milwaukee. I didn't think UNO was a realistic candidate (and still don't, to be honest), but clearly Doug Elgin and Co. are kicking the tires to find out if they are. That'd be something if the Valley moved back into the Omaha market.

#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby section202jay » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:56 am

Polyfro wrote:Longtime Bradley beat writer Dave Reynolds reported that the MVC is coming to Omaha to vet the Mavs as a possible expansion candidate, and will also visit (or already has) Murray State, Valpo, and UW-Milwaukee. I didn't think UNO was a realistic candidate (and still don't, to be honest), but clearly Doug Elgin and Co. are kicking the tires to find out if they are. That'd be something if the Valley moved back into the Omaha market.

My connection to UNO is deep and so I would love that, but that is just not feasible. The fan support for basketball games is roughly 1k-2k people. The Summit League is perfect for them I think because oddly enough, games against SDSU, NDSU and soon UND will draw bigger crowds than Bradley.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby LynchMob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Last time around I advocated for UNO, they are a program quickly growing in relevance and support that has potential to be a large player in a medium size market, unlike Loyola Chicago who is a zero in a huge market, an impossible situation.

This time around I don't think UNO should want to join the MVC, that conference is dying on the vine. It would not surprise me at all if in 10 years the Summit is the superior conference. Without Wichita their top-to-bottom is already very comparable, and one is trending up, the other down.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic