The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:03 pm

Nebraska is having a good morning with a top notch recruiting commitment. Good for them! They needed some good news...badly.

However, when I read Barfknecht's article, starting with "Nebraska sent shockwaves through college basketball..." I almost laughed out loud. Getting a commitment from the 99th ranked guy in the most recent list probably isn't too panic-inducing for other programs. Again, good job guys - but come on, Lee. Embarrassing.
vivid_dude

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Nebraska is having a good morning with a top notch recruiting commitment. Good for them! They needed some good news...badly.

However, when I read Barfknecht's article, starting with "Nebraska sent shockwaves through college basketball..." I almost laughed out loud. Getting a commitment from the 99th ranked guy in the most recent list probably isn't too panic-inducing for other programs. Again, good job guys - but come on, Lee. Embarrassing.

Miles has consistently been good at luring talen. Keeping them 4 years not so much. This kid will get a wiff of what's cooking there and will be gone before you can chant Husker power during opposing intros.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby taa71458 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 pm

Timmy knows how to GET the commitment, he just doesn't know how to HOLD the commitment
taa71458

Postby Jays26 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 pm

Asked by the Omaha World-Herald, “how do you say no to Kansas?” Allen stated: “It wasn’t that hard. You’ve got to like the way coach (Tim) Miles and Nebraska do things. Getting to know them even more made it easier.’’

I can't even put into words how utterly insane this comment is.
Jays26

Postby taa71458 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:24 am

What didn't make it to print was how playing for Fred Hoiberg in 2018 would help him make it to the NBA.
taa71458

Postby westojay » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:06 am

"How do you say no to Kansas?" Simple answer. He was about 3rd or 4th down on their list to fill one more roster spot, with Charlie Moore and Trevon Duval way ahead of him. Also KU is prioritizing MJ Walker and Kevin Knox as well. Pretty much a conditional offer. Of course Husker media will spin it like he picked them over KU.
westojay

Postby AttyAlum » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I hope he's one and done because his new coach only has one year left.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Jaysker12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:26 pm

Yeah, the 'NU over KU' spin is pretty fake newsy. par for the course for the Herald, the kid was just giving him the answer Lee/ turd nation wanted....It was just a moronic question

A top 100 pickup this late in the season, especially considering the state of that program, is plenty for them to put a positive spin on. Don't start fantasizing that you're 'beating out KU for recruits'
Jaysker12

Postby vivid_dude » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:03 pm

As a die hard hoops fan, I'm still recovering from the shockwaves. People will remember this week, and this commitment, as the dawn of a new beginning for NCAA basketball. Ewing choosing Georgetown and Allen going to Nebraska. People will debate which was more impactful for generations. The shockwaves!!!
vivid_dude

Postby Definitely a Jay » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:50 am

You’ve got to like the way coach Tim Miles and Nebraska do things.
Definitely a Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic