The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Altman's Advisor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:15 pm

How convenient. Keep moving those goalposts.
Altman's Advisor

Postby 1620Jay » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Altman's Advisor wrote:How convenient. Keep moving those goalposts.

No need to move goal post. Simple logic is sufficient enough. I see you didn’t answer my question. The Big Ten is a mediocre league this year. They have some very good teams. But mediocre overall. If the Big Ten starts only getting two teams to the Big dance every year I can buy into mid major talk.
1620Jay

Postby JayPak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Pardon the language, Norm loves him some Tim Miles and his .402 BIG conference record. We love him too, Norm!

I’d think all Jays fans would be all-in on keeping Miles.
"I want to beat (NU) so bad. This is a blue state...I’m a Creighton Bluejay. I’ve always wanted to go to Creighton...never really liked Nebraska...Creighton trusted me and Nebraska was just…out there...Can’t wait to play ’em..." ~Justin Patton
JayPak

Postby Altman's Advisor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:45 pm

1620Jay wrote:
Altman's Advisor wrote:How convenient. Keep moving those goalposts.

No need to move goal post. Simple logic is sufficient enough. I see you didn’t answer my question. The Big Ten is a mediocre league this year. They have some very good teams. But mediocre overall. If the Big Ten starts only getting two teams to the Big dance every year I can buy into mid major talk.

My apologies, I only read the first six words of your post.
Altman's Advisor

Postby LynchMob » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:16 pm

Another thing to note here - since 1990, the Big Ten has only one men's basketball championship, not counting Maryland in the ACC in 2002.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Which of Nebraska’s Division I baseball teams has the best chance to make the NCAA tourney?

The Huskers are coming off a conference title and a third NCAA regional berth in four seasons, the Jays are looking for their first NCAA tournament bid since 2012 and the Mavs have yet to make the tournament. Which has the best chance to make the 2018 tournament?

You voted:
Creighton
Which of Nebraska’s Division I baseball
teams has the best chance to make the
NCAA tourney?

Nebraska 71%
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby T-bone » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Last edited by T-bone on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
T-bone

Postby AttyAlum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:02 pm

JayPak wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:Pardon the language, Norm loves him some Tim Miles and his .402 BIG conference record. We love him too, Norm!

I’d think all Jays fans would be all-in on keeping Miles.

+1

This year the Big 10 definitely seems like a mid major. Heck, they even opted to play their conference tourney on the same weekend as all of the mid major conferences.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Easypaddy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:50 am

The Big 10 is a mid-major conference beyond a shadow of a doubt. There is literally no evidence to the contrary.
Easypaddy

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:49 pm

Why would Ras take sides on this issue if NU gets to the bubble? Sounds like he's begging. Should NU not get in would he try to hang it on Ras since he is from a rival in-state school and is this year's chairman?

At the end of the day NU will earn their way in or they wont and it wont be any one individual from the committee's decision.

Hypothetically, if Ras were to have bias either way, What would be the swaying factor? I mean, its not like NU ever messed with his program, say, starting rumors the CU baseball coach was distributing payments to players or NU turning down CU to host a baseball regional at Lincoln's Haymarket Park since they couldn't do it on their home field due to it being prepped for the CWS or like the NU basketball team lining up a "home game" in the building CU plays their home games in.... oh wait, nevermind.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/m ... 0be44.html
Waylon Van Smack

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic