The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jays26 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:27 pm

The wheels are falling off fast, sounds like they just lost their best recruit. How can anyone be a fan of that team, almost sad when you think about it.

It's really too bad, I wanted Miles to stick around for a long long time. Now it's just a matter of time before he's gone.
Jays26

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:06 pm

One year extension for Miles. Damn, I was hoping they'd lock him up for a few more years. Moos must be biding some time while he can look for a real coach who can occasionally beat us.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby taa71458 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:16 pm

A one year extension could potentially be a lot more damaging to the program than a 3 year extension.
taa71458

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:39 pm

taa71458 wrote:A one year extension could potentially be a lot more damaging to the program than a 3 year extension.

It probably doesn't matter either way. Their lead assistant left, their top recruit bolted and at least one of their starters will be gone. Business as usual for Miles, and their fans still think he's building a program there.

Wizard of Westroads

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Please God, please please please please please

Lure Ernie Kent away from Wazzu to Lincoln after next season.
cujaysfan

Postby NUgradCUfan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:29 am

Based on the one-year extension, it seems to me that the Husker AD is banking on Miles either tanking next year, or taking Nebraska to the tourney. The best-case, most hilarious scenario would be for the Huskers to be a bubble team next year (an actual bubble team, not like this year) and still not make the tournament. What do you do then if you're Moos? You're telling me you're going to fire a coach that gets, one would assume, two straight 20+ win seasons in the Big Ten? Who the hell would want to fill that head coaching position if it did become void?
NUgradCUfan

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:One year extension for Miles. Damn, I was hoping they'd lock him up for a few more years. Moos must be biding some time while he can look for a real coach who can occasionally beat us.

Frankly, that is probably the wisest financial decision that athletic department has made in the last 20 years. With the amount of resources the UNL AD has, they have ridiculously underperformed. Nobody does less with more than the UNL athletic department (They should put that on the FB stadium)
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:18 am

Spring game sell out my ass. They think Creighton fudges numbers.

........announced 86000 thru gates, I don't believe that one either.
Last edited by Waylon Van Smack on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby 1620Jay » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:28 am

Waylon Van Smack wrote:Spring game sell out my ass. They think Creighton fudges numbers.

Maybe my old eyes are playing tricks on me but it looks pretty damn full. Either way, I’m not sure you quite understand what a sell out means.
1620Jay

Postby ZMagic30 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:59 am

1620Jay wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:Spring game sell out my ass. They think Creighton fudges numbers.

Maybe my old eyes are playing tricks on me but it looks pretty damn full. Either way, I’m not sure you quite understand what a sell out means.

Um, I’m pretty sure the implication was that the way that they sell out games isn’t legitimate, not that they’re not actually selling all of the tickets. Why are you still pretending to be a Creighton fan?
ZMagic30

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic