I am led to understand that no further transfers are anticipated. That would obviously change if there is a coaching change here. If there is no coaching change and if there are no further transfers, which is what I understand the case to be, then I think this is a tournament team that we will have next year.
It would have been better with Ed Morrow, but I still think it is a tournament team even without him. If that turns out not to be the case, and we don't make the dance, then Miles will almost certainly be gone. But I'd like to have an opportunity to see what this team would do with the pieces we will have next year.
Reading that thread leads me to the following conclusions:
1) Norm Peterson is UNL's version of gtmo (or is on some really strong drugs);
2) Norm gets really pissed and uses naughty language when someone says anything critical about Tom Osborne;
3) Glynn Watson is considering a transfer too (if this is true, I'd certainly be interested in kicking tires);
4) Miles has very few supporters (most of the posters not calling for his immediate head are scared what would happen next and are afraid to have their AD pick a coach;
5) Noted Husker homer Sam McKewon of the OWH posts there often;
6) Morrow went from the guy who's injury they blamed for their losing stretch to a guy that isn't very good.
Kinda funny but Morrow's departure has really unnerved a lot of Nebraska fans and made them mad at Miles. We all know the reason for this, although I haven't heard anybody articulate it yet --- he's the son of a Husker football player (his mom was also a Nebraska athlete). The one thing that fanbase can't take - getting dissed by a former football player or a member of his family!
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott