The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 pm

It's pretty funny that Mack might be cheating to try to get another player off the Nebraska roster. The fact that he might be trying to shore up needs at Xavier by looking to bring in multiple players from last year's Husker team leaves me a little speechless.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:49 pm

1. Wouldn't that be something if X got in trouble for trying to steal a player from the Corn? And recall how Miles publicly thanked Mack for the 2-3 zone idea?

2. Miles may need to conduct an all student tryout in order to fill his roster. I understand there are some good intramural players from Thurston County going to UNL.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:54 pm

Outlaw_Wales wrote:It's pretty funny that Mack might be cheating to try to get another player off the Nebraska roster. The fact that he might be trying to shore up needs at Xavier by looking to bring in multiple players from last year's Husker team leaves me a little speechless.

I'm pretty sure that's a joke account. Either way, Mack has no interest in Jacobson. Morrow is another matter, he's good.

And if you're looking for some laughs, once again it's time to head to HHC. There are people convinced that losing 4 transfers won't hurt them. :lol:
Wizard of Westroads

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Mack was recruiting Morrow when Jacobsen walked into the same restaurant at noon. Morrow could help X. Jacobsen is not a BE player. Maybe Drake would take him.

I still think Miles needs an open tryout. Walkons work for football.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby NUgradCUfan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
Outlaw_Wales wrote:It's pretty funny that Mack might be cheating to try to get another player off the Nebraska roster. The fact that he might be trying to shore up needs at Xavier by looking to bring in multiple players from last year's Husker team leaves me a little speechless.

I'm pretty sure that's a joke account. Either way, Mack has no interest in Jacobson. Morrow is another matter, he's good.

And if you're looking for some laughs, once again it's time to head to HHC. There are people convinced that losing 4 transfers won't hurt them. :lol:

+1 It really is entertaining. Especially when some are saying they can replace all 4 of them with even better recruits this late in the game.
NUgradCUfan

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Mullen (Hooker County) won the class D-2 title this year. I say UNL should sign their seniors. Gabe Connealy was from Mullen.
AMDG
CU Final Four

Postby Jaysker12 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 pm

It perplexes me that he is still the coach. When you lose half your scoring and rebounding to attrition every offseason, how do you expect any of the players that stick around to buy into the program? To me it feels like the more talented guys they have left(Watson, Roby) are just biding their time until they can announce a transfer without causing too much backlash. That's basically how it went down with Morrow last summer, but they convinced him to stick it out another year. It seems very likely a similar situation will play out with the more talented guys remaining next year. All this speculation is not factoring in the instability surrounding Miles' future there.
Jaysker12

Postby AttyAlum » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:11 am

Jaysker12 wrote:It perplexes me that he is still the coach.

Its a football school. Granted, its a bad football school right now and has been for awhile, but the fanbase lives in the past so it doesn't matter. The conference move may have netted them more money, but instead of being second fiddle to just one school in Texas, now they they are significantly behind Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State when it comes to conference decisions and politics. As long as football is a mess, the UNL admin doesn't really don't care about basketball struggles.

I hope they keep Miles forever. He's horrible and we keep beating his ass every year. Doc did better against Creighton than Miles has done.
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby section202jay » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Michael Jacobson is a Valley player. Losing him isn't a big deal. But put it on top of the Morrow transfer and it seems like a big deal.
Twitter @PRspcDerek
section202jay

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 pm

section202jay wrote:Michael Jacobson is a Valley player. Losing him isn't a big deal. But put it on top of the Morrow transfer and it seems like a big deal.

Correct. That and the fact he was one of the most vocal players during and after last years defections, makes it look really bad considering he's now at the same point 12 months later.
Waylon Van Smack

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic