The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby blueblood » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 am

1. My memory is that 50% of fusker fans thought Frost sucked when he played there. Like I remember it as really bad. Didn't he stop doing interviews? Didn't he go to Oregon partly to get away from it?

2. I always thought nu went on the cheap with Riley, not that no one was interested. I didn't follow it that close but I thought Riley was who they wanted? Ya, stupid but thats nu. I always wondered with the massive amounts of Big 10 money why they went so cheap. But the local media and fans I know loved the hire. Just wait till he has our contacts and money, he's never had that before.

3. On 1620 this morning they were trying to distance themselves from accusations the local media over hyped this years nu team. They must really be catching some shit. They over hype them each and every year, so why would this one be any different?
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby wes134 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Feed the Toby the Ball!!!! The Toby is Hungry!!!!
wes134

Postby Polyfro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Aw, that's too bad. I really liked beating Timmy every year.

I'd imagine both Timmy and Riley's seats are now not just hot, but engulfed in flames. No way the new A.D. keeps either of them around. :(
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby McKinney's Neighbor » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:21 pm

They'll hire Trev or some other jabroni that is a visionary, great leader, just what the program and this state needs, blah blah blah. Get the kool-aid pitcher out - here comes the OWH!
McKinney's Neighbor

Postby blueblood » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:22 pm

All 4 local TV channels have preempted programming and are live in Lincoln for the afternoon.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby taa71458 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Riley is a dead man walking. He has to win at least 8 games to be safe. Hiring a new AD will give them time to get a new football coach in there after the season.
taa71458

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:29 pm

all of these hot seats in Lincoln have to be contributing to global warming.

you don't can eichorst to keep miles/riley.

cujaysfan

Postby Polyfro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:33 pm

taa71458 wrote:Riley is a dead man walking. He has to win at least 8 games to be safe. Hiring a new AD will give them time to get a new football coach in there after the season.

8 games? Nah. The last two coaches they fired won nine games the year they were canned; anything less than 10 wins and Riley's gone (which means, what, they have to go 8-1 the rest of the way? Good luck). If the bar was eight and they really wanted to keep Riley around, you don't fire your A.D. with 80% of the season left and leave the coach twisting in the wind all fall. They're cleaning house.
#GoJays
Polyfro

Postby taa71458 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Polyfro wrote:
taa71458 wrote:Riley is a dead man walking. He has to win at least 8 games to be safe. Hiring a new AD will give them time to get a new football coach in there after the season.

8 games? Nah. The last two coaches they fired won nine games the year they were canned; anything less than 10 wins and Riley's gone (which means, what, they have to go 8-1 the rest of the way? Good luck)

Sorry, I meant win 8 games from now. so 9 win season
taa71458

Postby NUgradCUfan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:05 pm

In my opinion this kinda frees up Miles a little bit, which is completely fine with me. I feel like all focus is on Riley, and if they had to make a change this year for football I highly doubt they'd make a change for basketball in the same sports season.
NUgradCUfan

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic