The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Haven't said this lately or enough, but I am soooooooooooo thankful for Raz
TBC Alum

Postby Jaybird » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Man. Some kid throws a pair of pick-sixes and a couple days later the athletic director gets his ass kicked to the curb. Tough business. I have to say I'm saddened by this news. As somebody who's hated nebraska athletics ever since I can remember, it seemed to me that Eichorst was just what the doctor ordered. But I have complete confidence they'll screw up the next hire too, because that's what they do down there.

Are we close yet to the tipping point where nebraska is paying more former members of their athletic department than current members? I'm imagining the meeting where they told Eichorst he could resign if he liked instead of being fired, and he just laughed and laughed (although I'm not sure I've ever seen that guy laugh or even smile).

Alberts would be great. It's high time somebody came in there and disbanded football and started up, say, hockey instead, and I think he'd be just the guy. And maybe he'd drop the hammer on wrestling too, although he'd wait until they're all out of town. Since Trev the Ax Alberts seems to enjoy firing people, if he gets the gig I'm guessing everybody in the nebraska ath dept will start scrambling to update their resumes, (probably are anyway) while champagne corks will start popping in the UNO ath dept.

If he leaves, do we get to be Omaha's Team again?
Jaybird

Postby taa71458 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Former players trashing him on Twitter. Character of the program revealed.
taa71458

Postby LJay » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:05 pm

Man, this is pretty damned alright.

77 - 62
LJay

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Easypaddy wrote:From a post over at a Husker Site

After what Larry the Cable guy said today...and not playing on the Friday after Thanksgiving hopefully SE will be fired at the end of the year. We need a change at the top. Someone who understands Nebraska Football.

Imaging rooting for a team where it's acceptable to begin a take with, "After what Larry the Cable Guy said today..."

Looks like ol' Larry goterdone
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Angry Dan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

I think Eichorsts ignorance regarding the Black Friday game was a big factor in him losing his job. Plus, he couldn't fire Miles because he didn't have someone decent to replace him last season.

He botched that, the donors of substance wanted his botching to stop.......fired
Angry Dan

Postby cu8493 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:46 pm

He was a weak AD. Didn't have the balls to fire Bo after Bo publicly challenged him to do so after the first Iowa debacle the year before he finally did let Bo go (which them came after a 9 win season). Folded like a cheap suit and fired Yori when a self-entitled, whiny player and her helicopter dad whined about her coaching and threatened to go public, and then made a horrible hire to replace her without barely a search. Botched hiring of Bo's successor, hiring the first nice guy he talked to - who happened to have barely a .500 career winning percentage. Failed to take fire Miles end of last year, despite absolute incompetence. Had no balls to stand up to Big Ten. Bent over multiple times to take it you know where when Big Ten came up with idiotic Friday night games idea despite half the teams saying no, never mind that Friday night HS football is the main event in nearly every town across the state and almost no one in the state supports Friday night games. And then inexplicably agreeing to give up the Black Friday game to name just a couple places where he has been steam rolled by the Big Ten. If you want to see NEB stay down, you wanted him to stay. But the anti-athletics Perlman it's now gone as Chancellor and there is a new Chancellor in place who is committed to a resurgence to competitive teams. Whether they get it right remains to be seen.
cu8493

Postby TrueBlueJay » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:22 pm

I wish they would keep this milk toast AD. Honestly, Reilly is one of the worst hires of all time, maybe only outdone by ND hiring Gerry Faust. Husker fans didn't want to hear it, but a real head scratcher that makes me chuckle.
TrueBlueJay

Postby Easypaddy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:33 am

From a Yahoo sports Article... ouch lol

When he is inevitably let go, Riley will make $170,000 per month through February 2021. Former coach Bo Pelini is still slated to get nearly $2.2 million between now and February 2019 and Eichorst is due $1.7 million. You don’t have to be on the House Appropriations Committee to deduce that Nebraska potentially paying out $10.5 million for three people not to work isn’t the most efficient use of state funding
Easypaddy

Postby T-bone » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:25 am

Easypaddy wrote:From a Yahoo sports Article... ouch lol

When he is inevitably let go, Riley will make $170,000 per month through February 2021. Former coach Bo Pelini is still slated to get nearly $2.2 million between now and February 2019 and Eichorst is due $1.7 million. You don’t have to be on the House Appropriations Committee to deduce that Nebraska potentially paying out $10.5 million for three people not to work isn’t the most efficient use of state funding

The state does not fund the athletic program at Nebraska.
T-bone

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic