The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby bird_call » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:10 pm

T-bone wrote:
bird_call wrote:Nebraska's athletic budget was $102M last year. If 10.5M is going to ex-football coaches, that's 10% of their entire athletic budget for all sports.

I'd be blinking back the tears in my eyes if I was a Nebraska fan.


Not sure where you are getting those numbers but I have numbers from Creighton that say their revenue is greater by 50%+, much less their budget.


The local rag said so.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/nebr ... f3edc.html
bird_call
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:34 pm

 

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby T-bone » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:14 pm

bird_call wrote:
T-bone wrote:
bird_call wrote:Nebraska's athletic budget was $102M last year. If 10.5M is going to ex-football coaches, that's 10% of their entire athletic budget for all sports.

I'd be blinking back the tears in my eyes if I was a Nebraska fan.


Not sure where you are getting those numbers but I have numbers from Creighton that say their revenue is greater by 50%+, much less their budget.


The local rag said so.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/nebr ... f3edc.html



That is revenue not budget and it is from 2 years ago. Add 50 million and that is their current revenue. In contrast, our current revenue is 16 mil.
T-bone
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:37 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby westojay » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:34 pm

The greatest fans on earth are booing again!! At their QB!
westojay
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:32 pm

huskers trying to throwback to the steroid era of super mega big red football by hiring dave rimington as interim AD
User avatar
cujaysfan
 
Posts: 4826
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:34 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:12 pm

cujaysfan wrote:huskers trying to throwback to the steroid era of super mega big red football by hiring dave rimington as interim AD

Dave is a good ol' SOB so watch what you say. #GoPackers
Image
User avatar
Waylon Van Smack
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Norm's getting juiced on HHC! Here's his take on Evan Taylor:
He was sitting with no offers at the D1 level with no real idea of exactly where he was headed when he got a call from our coaches in June and, literally days later, he was here and in the program.
And he's looking to parlay that into what appears to be a valuable role on what could potentially be the best Husker basketball team in 20 years.

That's right, the team picked to finish 13th in the Big Ten could be the best in 20 years!
User avatar
Wizard of Westroads
 
Posts: 836
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:36 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby LJay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:28 pm

And the football team is great too!!! Just ask their fans (before the season started).
77 - 62
User avatar
LJay
 
Posts: 3304
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:49 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Bluejoe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Before the season started? Ask some of their fans now. They were thumping their chest after beating Rutgers, and I overheard two of them saying that they could end the year with 4 wins over top 10 teams when they beat Michigan in big 10 championship.

Crazy!
User avatar
Bluejoe
 
Posts: 855
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:22 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 pm

they're riding on the hopes of true freshmen and a not healthy isaac copeland
Jaysker12
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jaybird » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:17 pm

Three lead pipe cinches in life: Death; taxes; and Tanner Lee throwing a pick-six.
Jaybird
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron