The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Altman's Advisor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:50 pm

LynchMob wrote:
taa71458 wrote:It’s going to get mighty uncomfortable around here when he posts 4 straight big ten west 2nd place finishes.

Frost is the last possible tie to the good ol' days. If this goes sideways a lot of existential questions about the program will be answered.

Fixed.

If Frost fails, it’s over.
Altman's Advisor

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:08 pm

Jaynut wrote:
Polyfro wrote:(Also, if I was a Chiefs fan I'd be steamed about KMTV doing a split-screen of the game yesterday so they could show both the press conference and the game. That's a bush league move even if you're a Husker fan, IMHO.)

This. I was so pissed. 47 minutes. Volume and big screen were on the press coverage, because there sure wouldn't be an ability to have excerpts from the press conference later!

Somebody needs to start the clock to run on when the OWH and fans will turn on him. There is no way he can meet their expectations.

It was SO DUMB to do the split screen. KMTV was clueless.

1. Completely pissed off Chiefs fans not interested in watching the press conference.
2. Gained no Husker viewers because any person who wanted to watch the presser, and hear everything Frost had to say, would not choose to watch the split screen version when it was one channel flick away from a full screen on another network.

I guess there may be a small sample of people who wanted to hear Frost and keep their eyes on the Chiefs game, but still - NO. It was like nobody at KMTV had a discussion about what made logical sense.
vivid_dude

Postby Cp Jay 07 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:14 pm

Jaynut wrote:
Polyfro wrote:(Also, if I was a Chiefs fan I'd be steamed about KMTV doing a split-screen of the game yesterday so they could show both the press conference and the game. That's a bush league move even if you're a Husker fan, IMHO.)

This. I was so pissed. 47 minutes. Volume and big screen were on the press coverage, because there sure wouldn't be an ability to have excerpts from the press conference later!

Somebody needs to start the clock to run on when the OWH and fans will turn on him. There is no way he can meet their expectations.

I had KMTV on the phone a minute after kickoff asking them WTF. Think the guy on the other end got pissed at me when I told him Frost goes 6-6 in year 4 and will get run out of town like the rest of them.
Don't call it a come back.
Cp Jay 07

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:30 pm

https://us.ivoox.com/en/december-6th-to ... 576_1.html
the callers are priceless. The guy wins two NC's while at their school and they just trash him, disown him for wearing CU gear.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby Nick Bahe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:04 pm

First of all, I don't know Jake, but you can't trash him too much. It had to be a conversation today, simply because CU and NU fans made it a topic. I had to discuss it as well. If Tommie wanted to go to a game because he lives in Omaha, great! Good for him. Why did he have to deck out in Creighton gear though. Seems like a reach for attention.

Maybe he feels left out because Frost is now getting all the attention! :lol:
Nick Bahe

Postby blueblood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm

It had to be a conversation today because you guys need a ratings bump. Who the hell cares? CU basketball players go to nu football games. Why? They think its a fun time. Same with this. Who cares? Ratings ploy. In fact Nick, you went to KU and CU. Do u wear red to nu games? Topic for Thursday? I doubt it.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Nick Bahe wrote:First of all, I don't know Jake, but you can't trash him too much. It had to be a conversation today, simply because CU and NU fans made it a topic. I had to discuss it as well. If Tommie wanted to go to a game because he lives in Omaha, great! Good for him. Why did he have to deck out in Creighton gear though. Seems like a reach for attention.

Maybe he feels left out because Frost is now getting all the attention! :lol:

Nick, (and its cool you replied), I totally get it had to be talked about. I'm just perplexed at how it went from Zero to he's was a horrible coach at Doane and we don't need him anyway. Anger is even a bit understandable but to just drop-kick him like that.... He is arguably the GOAT of CFB QB's or at minimum in everybody's top 5 and was a missed FG away from bringing home 3 NCs.... but again this is the same base that was pissed that Doug was on the big screen in Chicago wearing N'western swag while Husker fans were present in the stands. Not much gap between Red Nebraska fans and Orange Tenn fans.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:02 pm

blueblood wrote:Who cares? Ratings ploy.

“Nobody cares. You’re just doing it for ratings.”

Huh?
vivid_dude

Postby Jaybird » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
blueblood wrote:Who cares? Ratings ploy.

“Nobody cares. You’re just doing it for ratings.”

Huh?

Sorta like "nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded".
Jaybird

Postby blueblood » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:58 pm

It wasn't too crowded, the student section was empty.

My point was Tommie going to a CU game really isn't that big of a deal.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic