The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby AttyAlum » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:18 am

I'm sorry, but there is no tangible argument to support UCF for a #1 vote. Anyone voting for them is riding Frost's jock, just pissed because the championship had 2 SEC teams or is just plain stupid. Big Ten fans need to STFU up about Bama being included in the playoff this year too. I certainly didn't near them arguing that Ohio St shouldn't have made it last year despite not winning their division and not playing in their conference championship (you know, the same things that they have such a problem with Bama about...)
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
AttyAlum

Postby taa71458 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 am

Big Ten basketball is very bad right now. They don’t deserve more than 3 or 4 bids. Outside of the top 2, their only two decent wins as a conference were a currently had Minnesota team barely getting by an Alabama team that was playing 3 guys and Indiana, who is bad, beating a Notre Dame team that is only getting worse.
taa71458

Postby blueblood » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am

Palm has 5 from the Big 10 in the tourney. Realtimerpi and Lunardi have 4 . Prior history has been even though Big 10 nonconf was terrible, and the conf as a whole has poor rpi, somehow playing each other always elevates a few more.

The OWH did have CU as the bigger story this morning,. Credit where credit is due.

1620 talked nu basketball first but boy did they prop the Big East. They called Big East and Big 12 the 2 best conferences by far and said both deserve a ton of spots in NCAA tourney.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby 1620Jay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:51 am

taa71458 wrote:Big Ten basketball is very bad right now. They don’t deserve more than 3 or 4 bids. Outside of the top 2, their only two decent wins as a conference were a currently had Minnesota team barely getting by an Alabama team that was playing 3 guys and Indiana, who is bad, beating a Notre Dame team that is only getting worse.

The Big Ten is definitely mediocre this year with some of the traditional powers having a down year. But, just to clarify...you don’t think UCLA, Butler, and Seton Hall are decent wins?
1620Jay

Postby taa71458 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:02 pm

1620Jay wrote:
taa71458 wrote:Big Ten basketball is very bad right now. They don’t deserve more than 3 or 4 bids. Outside of the top 2, their only two decent wins as a conference were a currently had Minnesota team barely getting by an Alabama team that was playing 3 guys and Indiana, who is bad, beating a Notre Dame team that is only getting worse.

The Big Ten is definitely mediocre this year with some of the traditional powers having a down year. But, just to clarify...you don’t think UCLA, Butler, and Seton Hall are decent wins?

Our UCLA win is looking more meh everyday. They lost to a really bad Stanford. Butler is going to be in bottom 4 of big east and are bad away from home. Seton Hall’s loss to Rutgers hurts them. Rutgers is going to be in bottom 4 of Big Ten and are irrelevant when it comes to NCAAT conversation.
taa71458

Postby 1620Jay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:07 pm

taa71458 wrote:
1620Jay wrote:

Our UCLA win is looking more meh everyday. They lost to a really bad Stanford. Butler is going to be in bottom 4 of big east and are bad away from home. Seton Hall’s loss to Rutgers hurts them. Rutgers is going to be in bottom 4 of Big Ten and are irrelevant when it comes to NCAAT conversation.

I don’t know...I think UCLA will still be fine in the pac 12. I would say any win over a top 50 RPI team is a decent win. Things could change but I think Butler is good enough for a top six finish in the Big East.
1620Jay

Postby blueblood » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm

In my opinion, which a certain blond in my home says does not matter, CU needs something more to get out of the 8/9 game. We need to beat Villinova or sweep X or get to BE championship game.
blueblood

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm

blueblood wrote:In my opinion, which a certain blond in my home says does not matter, CU needs something more to get out of the 8/9 game. We need to beat Villinova or sweep X or get to BE championship game.

Why? 8/9 means the committee thinks we are 40-48 in standings. I don't see that.
TrueBlueJay

Postby blueblood » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm

The 8/9 is where most brackets have us right now is all.
blueblood

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 pm

Why talk about the NCAA in a UNL thread? :lol:
Wizard of Westroads

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic