The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:47 pm

AttyAlum wrote:I'm sorry, but there is no tangible argument to support UCF for a #1 vote.)


Only undeafeated team.
Beat Auburn, who beat the national champion and runner-up.

So, you’re wrong.

Why are people in Connecticut riding Frost’s jock?
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

 

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby SendDustyIn » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:46 pm

vivid_dude wrote:Why are people in Connecticut riding Frost’s jock?


Because they are AAC bros and they desperately need to prove their conference is relevant in something.
User avatar
SendDustyIn
 
Posts: 479
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:25 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jaybird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 pm

SendDustyIn wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Why are people in Connecticut riding Frost’s jock?


Because they are AAC bros and they desperately need to prove their conference is relevant in something.


Yeah, I'm not sure how one voter equals "people in Connecticut" but, in any event, the four votes for Central Fla came from guys who work for papers in Orlando, Waterbury CT, Oklahoma City and, of course, Omaha. A home-towner, two other papers that cover teams in that conference and a husker lapdog, so maybe there isn't a "non-biased justification" for those votes after all.

Alabama gave up almost exactly half as many total points as Central Florida (while playing one more game than UCF), and they did it while playing the likes of Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, LSU and Miss St, while Cent Fla was busy playing the likes of Austin Peay, East Carolina, Connecticut, Cincinnati and Florida International (which I believe is an airport, but I'm still researching that). The voters (the 57 OTHER voters, not the four goofballs) got it right.
Jaybird
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Jaybird wrote:
SendDustyIn wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Why are people in Connecticut riding Frost’s jock?


Because they are AAC bros and they desperately need to prove their conference is relevant in something.


Yeah, I'm not sure how one voter equals "people in Connecticut" but, in any event, the four votes for Central Fla came from guys who work for papers in Orlando, Waterbury CT, Oklahoma City and, of course, Omaha. A home-towner, two other papers that cover teams in that conference and a husker lapdog, so maybe there isn't a "non-biased justification" for those votes after all.

Alabama gave up almost exactly half as many total points as Central Florida (while playing one more game than UCF), and they did it while playing the likes of Georgia, Clemson, Auburn, LSU and Miss St, while Cent Fla was busy playing the likes of Austin Peay, East Carolina, Connecticut, Cincinnati and Florida International (which I believe is an airport, but I'm still researching that). The voters (the 57 OTHER voters, not the four goofballs) got it right.


I understand that's your opinion. I also happen to share it. But to say there is NO argument, or NO tangible evidence, in support of CFU - not true.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1864
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jaybird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 pm

Frost won a national coaching award last night. Afterwards, he was asked what he thought of Saban's decision to bench his starting QB at halftime and play that freshman in his place. Frost said he thought it was a gutsy move, but then he said "he was obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn't. Coach Saban is above criticism", he added, "and I don't mean it that way". So, what other way did you mean it, Scott?

Scott Frost, keepin' it classy. I get the feeling he's going to try to out-Harbaugh Harbaugh.
Jaybird
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby 1620Jay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 am

Jaybird wrote:Frost won a national coaching award last night. Afterwards, he was asked what he thought of Saban's decision to bench his starting QB at halftime and play that freshman in his place. Frost said he thought it was a gutsy move, but then he said "he was obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn't. Coach Saban is above criticism", he added, "and I don't mean it that way". So, what other way did you mean it, Scott?

Scott Frost, keepin' it classy. I get the feeling he's going to try to out-Harbaugh Harbaugh.

Not surprisingly...you cherry picked the quote and left out other parts. There was nothing classless about what he said.
1620Jay
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:58 am

1620Jay wrote:
Jaybird wrote:Frost won a national coaching award last night. Afterwards, he was asked what he thought of Saban's decision to bench his starting QB at halftime and play that freshman in his place. Frost said he thought it was a gutsy move, but then he said "he was obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn't. Coach Saban is above criticism", he added, "and I don't mean it that way". So, what other way did you mean it, Scott?

Scott Frost, keepin' it classy. I get the feeling he's going to try to out-Harbaugh Harbaugh.

Not surprisingly...you cherry picked the quote and left out other parts. There was nothing classless about what he said.


Here's the whole quote:

UNSaviorFrosty wrote:“It was a decision I don’t know I would have been courageous enough to make. That’s the answer you want to hear. The other answer is that he was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn’t. Coach Saban is above criticism with everything he’s accomplished, so I don’t mean it that way, but I recruited Tua out of high school and knew what he could do and it doesn’t surprise me that he did what he did. Jalen’s a great player, too. That was a very bold and courageous move and I’m surprised it didn’t happen earlier [in the season].”


So ... the rest of the quote is basically him saying "I knew all along" -- you know, like "I'm clearly smarter than Saban and it's shocking that he didn't see this from the start."

Not quite sure what makes the rest of the quote so much better than the first part.
User avatar
Outlaw_Wales
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby 1620Jay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:16 am

Outlaw_Wales wrote:
1620Jay wrote:
Jaybird wrote:Frost won a national coaching award last night. Afterwards, he was asked what he thought of Saban's decision to bench his starting QB at halftime and play that freshman in his place. Frost said he thought it was a gutsy move, but then he said "he was obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn't. Coach Saban is above criticism", he added, "and I don't mean it that way". So, what other way did you mean it, Scott?

Scott Frost, keepin' it classy. I get the feeling he's going to try to out-Harbaugh Harbaugh.

Not surprisingly...you cherry picked the quote and left out other parts. There was nothing classless about what he said.


Here's the whole quote:

UNSaviorFrosty wrote:“It was a decision I don’t know I would have been courageous enough to make. That’s the answer you want to hear. The other answer is that he was pretty obviously better and they had 12 games to figure that out and didn’t. Coach Saban is above criticism with everything he’s accomplished, so I don’t mean it that way, but I recruited Tua out of high school and knew what he could do and it doesn’t surprise me that he did what he did. Jalen’s a great player, too. That was a very bold and courageous move and I’m surprised it didn’t happen earlier [in the season].”


So ... the rest of the quote is basically him saying "I knew all along" -- you know, like "I'm clearly smarter than Saban and it's shocking that he didn't see this from the start."

Not quite sure what makes the rest of the quote so much better than the first part.

Yeah, I’m sure that was Frosts motive...to say he is clearly smarter than Saban. I can see how you got that out of Frost saying he’s unsure he would have enough courage to make that call. Lol. But to take that quote and compare him to probably the oddest dude in CFB in Harbaugh is quite funny. Frost recruited Tua, I’m sure he’s well aware of how talented he is and that’s probably why Frost said he was surprised he wasn’t handed the keys earlier. And quite honestly...I don’t know how anyone can disagree with that considering the outcome of the title game. It worked out for Bama regardless as Hurts is obviously very good as well...but imo he’s not the same talent as Tua.
1620Jay
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby AttyAlum » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:39 am

I think we all know that when it comes to being courageous, Frost leaves a lot to be desired.

As the saying from the '90s goes, "when the going gets tough, Frost goes and hides in the closet."
"But I truly care about Creighton and the fans and what they've done for me the last three years. I want to give them one more year and take care of business in the Big East so we can prove people wrong.'' ---- Doug McDermott
User avatar
AttyAlum
 
Posts: 4077
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:02 am

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby Jaybird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Seems like St. Scott of Wood River is way overshooting here. He starts out by going after the King of the Mountain, when what he should be doing is punching in his own weight class. He should be picking fights with the coaches at Indiana and Minnesota. Rutgers maybe. But he's young. He'll learn his place in the football world soon enough, although you'd think just a quick look at nebraska's record this past season would tell him all he needs to know.

When they give out the Grammys pretty soon, I hope they'll beef up security in case Frost gets it in his head that he deserves one of those too. They'll especially need to watch out for a fat, moon-faced reporter running interference for the guy (although in McKeown's case, running probably isn't the right word).
Jaybird
 
Posts: 1466
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests