The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby CU Final Four » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 pm

Wales

No more ipse dixit and name calling. Give me cites.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 pm

CU Final Four wrote:Wales

No more ipse dixit and name calling. Give me cites.

http://www.google.com

Look it up yourself.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby bird_call » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 am

Every day, I go back to thinking and hoping that America's political institutions and its moral norms are unbreakable. But the last year has shaken my faith in this United States. Every norm that I thought was an important has been shattered. A President tweeting insults to nuclear nations? A politician who tried to pick up high school girls at the mall when he was 32 and a DA? A tax bill passed that had handwritten margins? A moderate supreme court nominee not even getting a hearing for 11 months?

Republicans keep breaking the rules over and over and over again in an endless pursuit of winning. I really hope there is some eventual pushback against this normalization of winning at all costs, because it is destroying the soul of the Republican Party and replacing it with an amoral lawlessness that will tear our country apart.
bird_call

Postby bird_call » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:30 am

bird_call wrote:My predictions for the first two years of a Trump Presidency.

It's been a year. My predictions are scored as a 5.5/10. I've still got a year, but looks like at least a few of these won't be correct.

1. Big tax cuts for the rich. Yes
2. Deficit spending increases dramatically. Rose 0.3% this year. So far a no.
3. Filibuster is eliminated in the Senate. Yes for the Supreme Court. No otherwise.
4. Obamacare is repealed with no replacement. 10M people lose health insurance. Not yet, although the tax bill will probably hurt it if the individual mandate is removed.
5. Antagonism and bluster towards Asian nations; no TPP. Cold war style brinksmanship with China. Yes on Antagonism towards N. Korea. No on brinksmanship with China.
6. Reductions of sanctions toward Russia. Possible conflicts over NATO roles with our European allies. No on Russia. Yes on NATO.
7. Republicans will re-establish a majority in the Supreme Court. Yes.
8. Energy legislation handing out subsidies to coal/fracking/oil/pipelines as part of an "infrastructure" package. No. No significant legislation. Some increase of mining/drilling on public lands through executive orders.
9. Wholesale repeal of Obama's executive orders. Yes.
10. The Middle East will continue to be a mess. Yes.
bird_call

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 am

The mother of Trump’s children, under oath in a deposition, testified that Trump raped her. Let that sink in. A business associate and a child have also made the claim. About a dozen other women have said he did inappropriate, uninvited sexual things. It’s a Google search away, CUFF. Educate yourself, you monumental fool.

Part of me really believes CUFF is a parody account. He’s like a Wichita State grad trying to make Creighton fans look stupid. If so, kudos to him. If not, heaven help how he ended up this way.

Still waiting on direct answer to simple question, coward. Why do all Trump surrogates and Trump himself lie about Russia? Yesterday, his son reinvented attorney-client privilege to avoid answering questions about Russia. Why? What is there to hide and lie about? As predicted, CUFF won’t answer. So revealing.
vivid_dude

Postby Oldfan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 pm

Dems called for Franken to resign, and he is. Yet, Trumpkin is still in the Oval Office and the RNC is actively helping Roy Moore. Who is the family values party??
Oldfan

Postby jays911 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 pm

bird_call wrote:
bird_call wrote:My predictions for the first two years of a Trump Presidency.

It's been a year. My predictions are scored as a 5.5/10. I've still got a year, but looks like at least a few of these won't be correct.

1. Big tax cuts for the rich. Yes
2. Deficit spending increases dramatically. Rose 0.3% this year. So far a no.
3. Filibuster is eliminated in the Senate. Yes for the Supreme Court. No otherwise.
4. Obamacare is repealed with no replacement. 10M people lose health insurance. Not yet, although the tax bill will probably hurt it if the individual mandate is removed.
5. Antagonism and bluster towards Asian nations; no TPP. Cold war style brinksmanship with China. Yes on Antagonism towards N. Korea. No on brinksmanship with China.
6. Reductions of sanctions toward Russia. Possible conflicts over NATO roles with our European allies. No on Russia. Yes on NATO.
7. Republicans will re-establish a majority in the Supreme Court. Yes.
8. Energy legislation handing out subsidies to coal/fracking/oil/pipelines as part of an "infrastructure" package. No. No significant legislation. Some increase of mining/drilling on public lands through executive orders.
9. Wholesale repeal of Obama's executive orders. Yes.
10. The Middle East will continue to be a mess. Yes.

Pretty good record for you. The jury is still out of # 1. The Senate bill actually doubles the teachers' deduction for school supplies.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:55 pm

. The mother of Trump’s children, under oath in a deposition, testified that Trump raped her. Let that sink in. A business associate and a child have also made the claim.

Vivid:

Do you read behind headlines? You are the typical low information voter.

Use Occam’s Razor on the above. (Recall Eugene Selk’s class or Google it.) If any of the three claims were even 1% credible, the Clintons and their media friends would have been broadcasting these allegations 24/7 for the whole month of October.

1. You obviously know nothing about high stakes divorce litigation. People lie. Mrs. Trump retracted the allegation and never spoke of it again.

2. The business associate had credibility claims.

3. The Jane Doe minor lawsuit was dismissed. Must be completly bogus. Again, if this case had any validity the Clintons would have had this woman on TV. Trust me when I say the Clinton campaign opposition research team looked at it strongly and refused to touch it.

CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby vivid_dude » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 pm

The Clintons couldn’t go down that road because of Bill’s history. I really had to explain that to you.

And “trust me...” when coming from you is never the right move. I’m not inclined to trust the kind of people who get conned by reality stars and who don’t believe the overwhelmingly prevailing scientific conclusions of scientists. I laugh at them. Rightfully so.

Why do all of Trump’s people get caught lying about Russia? <crickets chirping>
vivid_dude

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 am

Vivid’s role model but with a fresh take and the added bonus of being funny.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rstLxJtQQ30

CU Final Four

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic