The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

To the Trump supporters who think the Russia story is bogus, let me ask a very simple question.

If there's nothing to it, why has nearly everyone in Trump's inner circle been caught telling lies about Russia? If there's nothing to hide, why lie? Why conceal? Kushner, Manafort, Flynn, Sessions, Donnie Jr., Trump himself. They all lie about Russia, bash anyone and everyone else, but will not say a negative thing about a country that interfered with our democratic process. Why all the demonstrable lies?

I look forward to your silence. But while you rack your conned brains trying to come up with an answer (there isn't one), there's this:

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing.
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders, in November 2016
vivid_dude

Postby vivid_dude » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:00 pm

OmahaBen wrote:Why, given nearly a full year of Trump, are you still "so glad" Clinton didn't win?

Especially since you'd still have a GOP Congress.

Trump supporter: I'm so glad I took my kids camping and none of them got poison ivy.
Rational person: That is good.
Trump supporter: I mean, each and every one of my children were eaten by bears, but you have to admit - that poison ivy would have been itchy.
vivid_dude

Postby blueblood » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:08 pm

The answer to all of your previous and future questions:

Scott Frost
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Postby bird_call » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:40 pm

When I think this whole thing can't get any crazier, it gets even more insane.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/363202-mueller-urges-judge-to-deny-manaforts-request-to-lift-house-arrest

Special counsel Robert Mueller asked a federal judge to deny Paul Manafort's request to release him from house arrest, pointing to a draft of an op-ed the former Trump campaign manager ghostwrote with an associate tied to Russian intelligence, according to court filings.

If I was under house arrest and there was an investigation of my ties to Russians, I would avoid working on op-ed pieces with Russians. I just don't have the right attitude to run with the big dogs.
bird_call

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:15 pm

OmahaBen wrote:Why, given nearly a full year of Trump, are you still "so glad" Clinton didn't win?

Especially since you'd still have a GOP Congress.

cujaysfan wrote:Because rolling back a lot regs and putting a spotlight on the governing by eo is worthwhile.

This reply is a perfect encapsulation of the delusion and blind sheep mindset of Trumpers.

Trump’s rolling back of regs has been on stuff like actually protecting drinking water and health, so his big donor friends can pocket more cash with no benefit to 90 percent of the people who voted for him. But it sounds good, so, “MAGA.”

And on executive orders — Trump signed almost twice as many as Obama in his first 10 months, but much like his constant criticism of Obama’s golfing, it doesn’t matter that he does it way more. It’s just “Obama”!

People clinging to the idea that they made the right choice in voting for Trump are just delusional. It’s tgat simple.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby cujaysfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm

well - isn't this just reading a lot into it stuff that's just not there

pick an industry - and we can talk about regs - i've mentioned that i started a data company for the O&G industry that wouldn't have happened had hillary won - so btw myself, the people i'm employee, and the company's i'm working with - we're all pretty happy about it

and - i've been beating the EO drum since mid bush - so the fact that it's getting a bigger spotlight on what DT is doing is a positive - this is an apolitical position that everyone should embrace.

we have a system of government where laws must be passed by one branch - and signed into law and enforced by another - EO bypasses that system - and it ain't a good thing

it should be a bipartisan issue

no where did i say "but Obama!" you did.

And - in no circumstance am i a so called "trumper"
cujaysfan

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Thank you cujaysfan for taking a risk, employing people in the United States and making a profit. On that profit you will now pay a reasonable tax and therefore expand the economy. The pursuit of happiness is right there in the Declaration of Independence and you are doing it. None of this happens if Hillary won.

So many ignorant and uninformed comments above that I can’t respond to them all. I initially wasn’t a Trump supporter but now I back him 100%. On the CAGW scam alone, he has saved us billions. Only a fool, idiot or identity politics warrior would have voted for Crooked Hillary.

Vivid is incoherent. Still wondering if he graduated from Creighton.

FYI, “everyone” has not been caught lying about Russia. Flynn copped a plea to a minor crime and he didn’t even have to lie. Read Byron York on this.

The real question is how did the FBI have the ability to wiretap and unmask Americans caught in the wiretaps? Because the FBI used the Steele dossier to dupe a federal judge to issue FISA warrants. The DNC paid Steele. The whole point of this exercise has been to entangle the Trump Administration in a fake media firestorm. And that was only necessary because Hillary blew through One Billion dollars and still lost.

If you don’t read Andy McCarthy on this topic, you don’t know anything.

Now we find out that one FBI agent who was deeply involved in the Hillary email investigation and later worked for Mueller was a HRC backer and Trump hater. The email investigation was completely sandbagged and rigged. Again, read Andy McCarthy on how the real FBI investigates crimes.

This is way worse than Watergate but little will happen. The Swamp protects its own.

As to BC’s comment, glad to know that a guy who is presumed innocent not only loses his First Amendment rights but somehow Mueller knows about a draft. How does that happen?

Wales: My Omaha water has been poisoned by lead since Trump got elected. Wait! That happened in Flint, Michigan during the Obama Administration. Flint is run by the Democrats. Stop being an idiot.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby bird_call » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Bless your heart CUF4.

CU Final Four wrote:As to BC’s comment, glad to know that a guy who is presumed innocent not only loses his First Amendment rights but somehow Mueller knows about a draft. How does that happen?

Manafort's home was raided because he was the target of a warrant issued under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Thus, Mueller and his predecessors met the legal obligations for conducting a search through probable cause.

Aren't you a lawyer?
bird_call

Postby CU Final Four » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:53 pm

BC

1. If you are not a native Southern, use of the phrase “bless your heart” is prohibited as a cultural appropriation. Under a Hillary Clinton regime you may well be jailed.

2. The 31 page indictment is linked below. In essence Manafort lobbied for Ukraine and his money was paid to foreign accounts. Manafort - contrary to law - did not report the existence of his foreign bank accounts. He then didn’t pay US federal income tax on his earnings. All of these are allegations. All of this happened before Manafort worked for the Trump campaign. Manafort worked only for a short time for the Trump campaign. Trump fired him.

Notwithstanding the above, Manafort retains his constitutional rights and that includes the First Amendment.

You are conflating events. I am not disputing how Mueller got the indictment. I’m referring to Manafort’s constitional rights after the indictment.

http://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000015f- ... 735cc70000

3. I won’t completely revisit the CAGW scam here. It is on the other thread. Briefly stated, the predictions of flooding and heat have been wrong for about 30 years. They have been wrong because the data is corrupt and the models are flawed. It is pure speculation about events in the future.

I appreciate that your livelihood may well be at stake here. Wise up and switch out of global warming before the tsunami exit begins. Really.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby bird_call » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 am

From Legal Information Institute.

In 1978, Congress enacted the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA), which lowers the required evidentiary showing to obtain a surveillance warrant with regard to foreign intelligence gathering and describes other procedures for physical and electronic surveillance relating to foreign intelligence. Its provisions also apply to American citizens suspected of espionage. FISA permits electronic surveillance in two situations. First, it authorizes the President to use warrantless wiretapping if it relates to the protection of the United States against a potential grave attack, sabotage, or espionage, on the condition that the government does not tap any U.S. citizen.Second, federal law enforcement officials may obtain a warrant for foreign intelligence taps that do not meet the criteria of the first situation. To obtain the warrant, the FISA court (also created by the Act) must find probable cause that the individual targeted is a foreign power or the agent of a foreign power and that a foreign power uses or will use the place to be tapped.

Since the person Manafort was collaborating with was associated with Russian Intelligence services, there are at least three possible situations that would meet the criteria for a FISA surveillance warrant.
1. Mueller has access to counter-intelligence surveillance of the foreign agent. Then, Manafort's contacts with the agent were intercepted.
2. Manafort is considered the agent of a foreign power (Russia).
3. Or, Manafort is still under surveillance as part of the ongoing warrant.

This was a wiretap warrant originally issued in 2014, then renewed in 2016. Thus, there has long been suspicion Manafort is an unlawful foreign agent. If his phone calls have been tapped for the greater part of two to three years, they probably are tapping his known associates with ties to Russia as well.

bird_call

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic