Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 pm
Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 pm
CU Final Four wrote:Wales
No more ipse dixit and name calling. Give me cites.
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:20 am
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:30 am
bird_call wrote:My predictions for the first two years of a Trump Presidency.
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 am
Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:32 pm
Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 pm
bird_call wrote:bird_call wrote:My predictions for the first two years of a Trump Presidency.
It's been a year. My predictions are scored as a 5.5/10. I've still got a year, but looks like at least a few of these won't be correct.
1. Big tax cuts for the rich. Yes
2. Deficit spending increases dramatically. Rose 0.3% this year. So far a no.
3. Filibuster is eliminated in the Senate. Yes for the Supreme Court. No otherwise.
4. Obamacare is repealed with no replacement. 10M people lose health insurance. Not yet, although the tax bill will probably hurt it if the individual mandate is removed.
5. Antagonism and bluster towards Asian nations; no TPP. Cold war style brinksmanship with China. Yes on Antagonism towards N. Korea. No on brinksmanship with China.
6. Reductions of sanctions toward Russia. Possible conflicts over NATO roles with our European allies. No on Russia. Yes on NATO.
7. Republicans will re-establish a majority in the Supreme Court. Yes.
8. Energy legislation handing out subsidies to coal/fracking/oil/pipelines as part of an "infrastructure" package. No. No significant legislation. Some increase of mining/drilling on public lands through executive orders.
9. Wholesale repeal of Obama's executive orders. Yes.
10. The Middle East will continue to be a mess. Yes.
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:55 pm
. The mother of Trump’s children, under oath in a deposition, testified that Trump raped her. Let that sink in. A business associate and a child have also made the claim.
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:40 pm
Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:04 am