The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby Jaynut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:57 pm

CU Final Four wrote:But the NET population of illegal aliens increased. Including many great guys from MS-13.

2.5 million increase in illegals during the Obama years; total population of Nebraska is only 1.8m.

http://cis.org/Report/25-Million-Join-I ... nder-Obama


I blame myself for reading your post, but it was road kill so I had to look.

Did you even bother to read the article you quoted? Because your quote is inaccurate. It said the total overall number stayed the same. There were 2.5M NEW immigrants, but they were essentially offset by those who left, so no net increase during Obama. Your statement of 2.5M INCREASE is just wrong based on your own reference materials.

I keep fearing you were in my law school class. But I don't remember anybody who did that poorly.
Jaynut
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:25 am

 

Re: The next President

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:07 pm

The fact that a Trump supporter cited an anti-immigration hate group to defend his anti-immigration position is about the most predictable thing that happened today. Hilariously, the hate group cites the Pew Research Center in its conclusions. But what do they say? (Read below and I'll tell you.)

It is a myth that Obama was soft on immigration. Here are some actual facts, from the actual reputable source, the Pew Research Center. Pew has historically been lauded by liberals and conservatives as being apolitical. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/27/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/:

- The number of unauthorized illegal immigrants DECREASED from 11.3 million to 11.0 million from 2009 to 2015. In 2017, it's back up to 11.3 million, where it all started around the time Obama took office. This is especially significant since the total population of 'Merica increased, so the percentage of illegal immigrants is lower.
- More than 66% of unauthorized illegal immigrants have been in the country for more than 10 years.

Please try again.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: The next President

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Jaynut wrote:
CU Final Four wrote:But the NET population of illegal aliens increased. Including many great guys from MS-13.

2.5 million increase in illegals during the Obama years; total population of Nebraska is only 1.8m.

http://cis.org/Report/25-Million-Join-I ... nder-Obama


I blame myself for reading your post, but it was road kill so I had to look.

Did you even bother to read the article you quoted? Because your quote is inaccurate. It said the total overall number stayed the same. There were 2.5M NEW immigrants, but they were essentially offset by those who left, so no net increase during Obama. Your statement of 2.5M INCREASE is just wrong based on your own reference materials.

I keep fearing you were in my law school class. But I don't remember anybody who did that poorly.


^^^ THIS.

CUFF claim: "There is a 2.5 million increase in illegal immigrants under Obama. Here, read this source."
Source (direct quote): "The size of the illegal population has remained roughly constant since 2009."

CUFF, please demonstrate some intellectual honesty for once in your life and admit you are wrong. Do you have any dignity? Let's find out. (There is nothing easier for BJU message boarders than putting CUFF in his place. Nothing.)
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: The next President

Postby JaysLifer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Jaynut wrote:
CU Final Four wrote:But the NET population of illegal aliens increased. Including many great guys from MS-13.

2.5 million increase in illegals during the Obama years; total population of Nebraska is only 1.8m.

http://cis.org/Report/25-Million-Join-I ... nder-Obama


I blame myself for reading your post, but it was road kill so I had to look.

Did you even bother to read the article you quoted? Because your quote is inaccurate. It said the total overall number stayed the same. There were 2.5M NEW immigrants, but they were essentially offset by those who left, so no net increase during Obama. Your statement of 2.5M INCREASE is just wrong based on your own reference materials.

I keep fearing you were in my law school class. But I don't remember anybody who did that poorly.


By now, if there's one thing that's clear, it's that this guy did not go to law school. It's part of the ongoing charade that he's some kind of learned scholar. Still waiting for that law review article to prove me wrong, though. Hell, I'd settle for a copy of that paper he presented last week before he went to the "hipster bar."
JaysLifer
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 am

Re: The next President

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:16 pm

JaysLifer wrote:
By now, if there's one thing that's clear, it's that this guy did not go to law school."


A part of me sincerely believes that he is a parody account, or some Husker/Wichita State troll, trying to make Creighton fans look stupid.

If so, kudos. It's working.

And you know what his response will be? "Look how I get you all to respond..." :roll: :roll:
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: The next President

Postby Easypaddy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm

jln wrote:
CU Final Four wrote:Vivid

But the NET population of illegal aliens increased. Including many great guys from MS-13.

2.5 million increase in illegals during the Obama years; total population of Nebraska is only 1.8m.

http://cis.org/Report/25-Million-Join-I ... nder-Obama

A business like Sears can have big revenue numbers but a declining net income or a loss. Again, look at the net.


When making your claims about immigration it's probably best not to use a hate group as your source.


LOL!
Easypaddy
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:14 am
Location: Midtown

Re: The next President

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Vivid’s point (to the extent that he had one) is that Obama was the top guy in removing illegal aliens from the country. But in typical Orwellian fashion, Obama changed the definition of a deportation and gamed the stats. See link at Snopes,

http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

The CIS study is all based on ESTIMATES. Estimates from different organizations. No one knows with any certainty how many illegals enter the country and how many leave voluntarily. It is all a guess.

We do know, however, that the drunk illegal alien who killed Sarah Root in Omaha was here when he NEVER should have been here in the first place. He took advantage of the unaccompanied childhood arrivals program of Obama’s.

From the CIS paper, “Had the United States not allowed so many illegal immigrants to settle in the country since 2009, the total number of illegal immigrants would have fallen by 2.5 million. But the arrival of so many new illegal immigrants offset this attrition in the illegal population.”

I have seen a reference to a Goldman Sachs report that puts the number of illegal aliens at 30 million; not 11 million.

Using Occam’s Razor, is there any doubt that Obama and the Democrats want a net increase in the illegal alien population in the United States?

So you clowns can have all the MS-13 gang bangers you want in your neighborhood. And don’t come crying to this message board when your daughter is murdered by a drunk illegal.

You guys are the best!
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
User avatar
CU Final Four
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: The next President

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 pm

Lmfao!!!!

Yes. He’s a parody. He has to be a parody.
User avatar
vivid_dude
 
Posts: 1871
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Re: The next President

Postby CU Final Four » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Below is how CIS describes itself. I think vivid and you other geniuses should research the staff and board to see how many of them are neo Nazis and white supermacists. Because, in typical liberal fashion, any one who deviates from the Democratic Party Line is a hater, insane or neo-Nazi. No disagreement is allowed.

“Who We Are

The Center for Immigration Studies is an independent, non-partisan, non-profit, research organization. Since our founding in 1985, we have pursued a single mission – providing immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States.

The Center is governed by a diverse board of directors that has included active and retired university professors, civil rights leaders, and former government officials. Our research and analysis has been funded by contributions and grants from dozens of private foundations, from the U.S. Census Bureau and Justice Department, and from hundreds of generous individual donors.

Our board, our staff, our researchers, and our contributor base are not predominantly "liberal" or predominantly "conservative." Instead, we believe in common that debates about immigration policy that are well-informed and grounded in objective data will lead to better immigration policies.

The data collected by the Center during the past quarter-century has led many of our researchers to conclude that current, high levels of immigration are making it harder to achieve such important national objectives as better public schools, a cleaner environment, homeland security, and a living wage for every native-born and immigrant worker. These data may support criticism of US immigration policies, but they do not justify ill feelings toward our immigrant community. In fact, many of us at the Center are animated by a "low-immigration, pro-immigrant" vision of an America that admits fewer immigrants but affords a warmer welcome for those who are admitted.

Center Staff

View our staff list.”
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
User avatar
CU Final Four
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:28 am
Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: The next President

Postby Oldfan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:34 pm

I’m far more worried about my daughter being filled by a crazy white guy with a machine gun. But you go ahead and enjoy a lack of reasonable gun control laws and federal funds for mental health improvements.
Oldfan
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:24 am

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests