The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Old MVC Days wrote:Here's a hot take for you;

I have gone from not voting for Trump to liking the guy. If things continue like they are, I will vote for him come 2020.

Interesting.

The “why” is really important when making a statement like this. Can you share why you’ve come around on Trump?
vivid_dude

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:45 pm

Easypaddy wrote:Here's what I like about Trump:

- Refuses to apologize or acknowledge wrongdoing for anything, ever
- Understands that our media system is flawed and exploits it
- If people are rude or mean, he holds a grudge against them
- If people are nice to him, he thinks they are his best friend
- Usually adopts the opinion of the person he talked to most recently
- Comes up with fun nicknames for people
- Has a short attention span
- Hasn't started any new wars yet
- Spends 40%+ of his day watching TV
- Eats McDonald's 2-3 times per day
- Watched Shark Week with Stormy Daniels

Those are all traits that I either have, or wish I had. So there you go. Anyone else feel free to add your own.

So, he's a teenager? :D
Savannah Jay

Postby jfan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:56 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:
Easypaddy wrote:Here's what I like about Trump:

- Refuses to apologize or acknowledge wrongdoing for anything, ever
- Understands that our media system is flawed and exploits it
- If people are rude or mean, he holds a grudge against them
- If people are nice to him, he thinks they are his best friend
- Usually adopts the opinion of the person he talked to most recently
- Comes up with fun nicknames for people
- Has a short attention span
- Hasn't started any new wars yet
- Spends 40%+ of his day watching TV
- Eats McDonald's 2-3 times per day
- Watched Shark Week with Stormy Daniels

Those are all traits that I either have, or wish I had. So there you go. Anyone else feel free to add your own.

So, he's a teenager? :D
No, he's not that old yet!
jfan

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:01 pm

Democrats just don’t get it. Can you please move beyond Clintons and Kennedys?

Trump won again tonight.
vivid_dude

Postby Durango Jay » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:04 am

It seems that a lot of people are okay with bigotry. I love that about America.
Durango Jay

Postby bird_call » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 am

vivid_dude wrote:Democrats just don’t get it. Can you please move beyond Clintons and Kennedys?

Trump won again tonight.

Nobody cares about the response to the SotU. I agree that moving past the familial dynasties would be good, but it isn't like the old guard of Pelosi, Schumer, and Hoyer is going to give some riveting speech to rally the troops. And none of the left-wing stars like Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, or Gavin Newsom are going to put themselves out there for this. That leaves room for some newb politician to step into the jaws and take a chance.
bird_call

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 pm

bird_call wrote:
vivid_dude wrote:Democrats just don’t get it. Can you please move beyond Clintons and Kennedys?

Trump won again tonight.

Nobody cares about the response to the SotU. I agree that moving past the familial dynasties would be good, but it isn't like the old guard of Pelosi, Schumer, and Hoyer is going to give some riveting speech to rally the troops. And none of the left-wing stars like Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, or Gavin Newsom are going to put themselves out there for this. That leaves room for some newb politician to step into the jaws and take a chance.

I'm in shock that they thought putting a Kennedy in front of car was a good idea. Seriously...not one person thought about that? And one of the overwhelming sentiments of the 2008 and 2016 elections was "Let's move on from these families, Democrats." And they choose a Kennedy. I just hated everything about it.

I agree that the SOTU response doesn't mean much, unless you come across dehydrated and drink water incessantly (Rubio) or you have goober globs of Carmex on your mouth distracting viewers (Kennedy).

While I'm disappointed in the choice, it is about 3,192nd on the list of my concerns in government right now. Trump seriously didn't implement the Russian sanctions, despite near consensus from Congress. Of course he doesn't want to punish Russians for election interference. It helped him. This has never been clearer.
vivid_dude

Postby LynchMob » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:09 pm

A Kennedy hasn't been president since 1963. Yeah, obviously everybody's heard of them, but this dynasty business is pretty overblown.

SOTU is all meaningless theater anyway, Obama got better feedback on his first one and then lost 63 seats in 2010.

Big news is another crazy Trumper quitting rather than losing an election in the person of Trey Gowdy, and the FBI proactively coming out and saying the memo is inaccurate and omits key facts.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby SendDustyIn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:16 pm

LynchMob wrote:A Kennedy hasn't been president since 1963. Yeah, obviously everybody's heard of them, but this dynasty business is pretty overblown.

From the Wikipedias:
Since John F. Kennedy's election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1946, there have been very few times in which a Kennedy was not holding office, first from December 22, 1960 until January 20, 1961 (from Kennedy's resignation from the Senate to his assumption of the Presidency) and next from Patrick J. Kennedy's departure from the House on January 3, 2011 until Joseph P. Kennedy III's election to the House on January 3, 2013.

Plus, there is one currently running for Governor of Illinois, but he's probably going to lose. You'd be hard pressed to find another family with that kind of electoral success though.
SendDustyIn

Postby LynchMob » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:20 pm

So is Don Bacon a dynasty? He, like "the Kennedys", holds one seat in the House.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic