The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby jfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm

LynchMob wrote:Trey Gowdy (R-SC), who just suddenly did a complete 180 and retired from Congress after weeks of talking about continuing his fight, has been consistently supporting Mueller and the Russia investigation in the past few days. Recall, he is literally the only Republican who saw the FISA application; he and Adam Schiff (D-CA) were the two chosen by the parties to review the documents in a clean room at the Department of Justice. This is what he said today:

Pressing the point, CBS News White House and senior foreign affairs correspondent Margaret Brennan asked: "The memo has no impact on the Russia probe?"

"Not to me, it doesn't — and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it," Gowdy, a former federal prosecutor, said. "There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trey- ... le/2648046
Somebody needs to explain this to The Donald. He clearly hasn't gotten the message. Or maybe he's just lying!
jfan

Postby vivid_dude » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:13 pm

Waylon Van Smack wrote:http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/02/intel-committee-chairman-devin-nunes-discusses-fisa-memo-bret-baier
Dems.... "Nothing to see here, Trump is mean"

Quoting the author of the memo to validate the memo. How brave of you. (Cowards being cowards)
vivid_dude

Postby jayball » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:13 am

You can believe in tax cuts and rolling back of regulations and changes to immigration policy and all other manner of conservative viewpoints, but I don't know how so many can blithely ignore the dangers of Trumpism for the future of our country. There are way too many good republicans I know who should not be defined by Trump. The handling of the Nunes memo, the support for Roy Moore, the tacit acceptance of Russian interference all point to a party rapidly becoming unmoored from our democratic principals and norms.

The next few elections will determine how much damage trumpism will do. These authors say it is time to Boycott the GOP. I know this will never happen but I really hope enough people can see through the nonsense.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/03/boycott-the-gop/550907/

why have we come to regard the GOP as an institutional danger? In a nutshell, it has proved unable or unwilling (mostly unwilling) to block assaults by Trump and his base on the rule of law. Those assaults, were they to be normalized, would pose existential, not incidental, threats to American democracy.

The first is his attempt to erode the independence of the justice system. This includes Trump’s sinister interactions with his law-enforcement apparatus: his demands for criminal investigations of his political opponents, his pressuring of law-enforcement leaders on investigative matters, his frank efforts to interfere with investigations that implicate his personal interests, and his threats against the individuals who run the Justice Department. It also includes his attacks on federal judges, his pardon of a sheriff convicted of defying a court’s order to enforce constitutional rights, his belief that he gets to decide on Twitter who is guilty of what crimes, and his view that the justice system exists to effectuate his will.

The second unforgivable sin is Trump’s encouragement of a foreign adversary’s interference in U.S. electoral processes. Leave aside the question of whether Trump’s cooperation with the Russians violated the law. He at least tacitly collaborated with a foreign-intelligence operation against his country—sometimes in full public view. This started during the campaign, when he called upon the Russians to steal and release his opponent’s emails, and has continued during his presidency, as he equivocates on whether foreign intervention occurred and smears intelligence professionals who stand by the facts.

Faced with the choice between soul-killing accommodation and futile resistance, many Republican politicians who renounce Trumpism are fleeing the party or exiting politics altogether. Of those who remain, many are fighting for their political lives against a nihilistic insurgency. So we arrive at a syllogism:

(1) The GOP has become the party of Trumpism.
(2) Trumpism is a threat to democratic values and the rule of law.
(3) The Republican Party is a threat to democratic values and the rule of law.

We understand why Republicans, even moderate ones, are reluctant to cross party lines. Party, today, is identity. But in the through-the-looking-glass era of Donald Trump, the best thing Republicans can do for their party is vote against it.

We understand, too, the many imperfections of the Democratic Party. Its left is extreme, its center is confused, and it has its share of bad apples. But the Democratic Party is not a threat to our democratic order. That is why we are rising above our independent predilections and behaving like dumb-ass partisans. It’s why we hope many smart people will do the same
jayball

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:57 am

vivid_dude wrote:
Waylon Van Smack wrote:http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/02/intel-committee-chairman-devin-nunes-discusses-fisa-memo-bret-baier
Dems.... "Nothing to see here, Trump is mean"

Quoting the author of the memo to validate the memo. How brave of you. (Cowards being cowards)

It's Blind liberal faith my friend.
Waylon Van Smack

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 am

Yes, I’m so liberal. The Pro Life Catholic who wanted to vote for 8 or 9 Republican candidates over Hillary. It’s just non-stop tree hugging at my house.

You are REMARKABLY bad at this. And I would ask you to provide some substance defending your vague, borderline nonsensical accusation - but you’re a well-established coward and I know “substance” is a foreign concept to you.

Again, you are terrible at this. Like, embarrassingly bad.
vivid_dude

Postby jfan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:13 am

Sen. Duckworth has given Trump my favorite new name----Cadet Bone Spurs. Perfect for him and good for her on calling him out about his statement that Democrats are being un-American and not loving America because they didn't clap during his State of the Union. At least nobody shouted out that he was a "liar" like a Republican Congressman did during one of Obama's Sate of the Union speeches.
jfan

Postby bird_call » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:54 pm

Update on my second prediction from November 2017.

2. Deficit spending increases dramatically. Rose 0.3% this year. So far a no.

The Washington Post is reporting today on the new debt.
On Wednesday, they formally broke free from those fiscal principles and announced a plan that would add $500 billion in new spending over two years and suspend the debt ceiling until 2019. This came several months after Republicans passed a tax law that would add more than $1 trillion to the debt over a decade.

With all these changes, the annual gap between spending and revenue in 2019 is projected to eclipse $1.1 trillion, up from $439 billion in 2015.

Republicans only care about the debt and deficit spending when Democrats are in charge.
bird_call

Postby LynchMob » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:12 pm

"When the Democrats are in power, Republicans appear to be the conservative party. But when Republicans are in power, it seems there is no conservative party. The hypocrisy hangs in the air and chokes anyone with a sense of decency or intellectual honesty."

- Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby jays911 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:18 pm

I love reading you libs. So stupid, so predictable.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:55 am

jays911 wrote:I love reading you libs. So stupid, so predictable.

YOU HAVE NO SUBSTANCE!!!!!!!!!!

You are an f'ing ignorant coward. Thanks for proving me right.

Here is what verifiably happens. The "libs" spend pages and pages, providing actual content. Showing substance. Bashing the President or Republicans, but having supporting information for it. Then, jays911 comes in and says "You stupid libs" with nothing to back it up. Absolutely nothing. And the kicker - he called us name-callers. YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

It's official. Jays911 is the least intelligent person on this message board. Bummer for him, I guess.
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic