The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby cujaysfan » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:24 pm

substantive response - and yeah - invited = super secret

the point is - if you want to be informed - it will take a little effort - and it can be done

enjoy being told what to think by talkingpointsmemo.com
cujaysfan

Postby jays911 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:40 pm

cujaysfan wrote:substantive response - and yeah - invited = super secret

the point is - if you want to be informed - it will take a little effort - and it can be done

The left and then right on this board just don't get it. Read all sides, but do so knowing their biases. And judge accordingly. Peace.
So long Valley, hello big time.
jays911

Postby KenoshaJay » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:55 pm

jays911 wrote:
cujaysfan wrote:substantive response - and yeah - invited = super secret

The left and then right on this board just don't get it. Read all sides, but do so knowing their biases. And judge accordingly. Peace.

+1
KenoshaJay

Postby jayball » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:22 pm

While it sounds cool to belong to the secret league of extraordinary gentlemen and women....most of us don't have that sort of truth room to go hide in and obtain total enlightenment.

We are left reading local papers and watching local news. Reading CNN.com Washington post and NY times. *forgot local rag --star tribune.

At least that is mostly what I read. Also politico.com and thehill.com at times.

I know the bent of the opinion columnists and try to take that into account. I don't watch MSNBC or frequent huff post.

What sources are allowed in the secret truth room?

I am all for critical thinking but even this new crop of "nonpartisan" +1ers has the same tendacy for confirmation is as the rest of us mokes.

What universe are you guys marinating your brain in? I showed you mine.
Last edited by jayball on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayball

Postby KenoshaJay » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:33 pm

USA Today, NYT (definitely Sundays), Milwaukee Journal, AP, WSJ most days, Fox News Special Report, MSNBC Chris Matthews, check Drudge daily.
KenoshaJay

Postby jays911 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:25 am

I already told you. In addition to what Kenosha reads, I add the European and Canadian press. Also check both leftie and rightie websites like FR and DU. Have to read as many viewpoints as you can.
jays911

Postby OmahaBen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Free Republic and Democratic Underground aren't news sites, they're support groups for idiots. They're the political equivalent of reading YouTube comments.

And saying Canadian and European press is as clear as mud. There's a huge difference between something like The Times (of London) and a standard British tabloid. And pure propaganda like Russia Today (rt.com) is yet another wing of the European press. So just saying you read European press says nothing about the quality of your individual sources.

For the record, my primary sources are the NYT, the Economist, the Atlantic, NPR, CBS's morning news, the local fishwrap (Des Moines Register), SCOTUSblog, FiveThirtyEight, and then my aggregator of choice, Fark.com. I'll read others when linked, but those are the ones regularly consumed.
OmahaBen

Postby jays911 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:55 pm

OmahaBen wrote:Free Republic and Democratic Underground aren't news sites, they're support groups for idiots. They're the political equivalent of reading YouTube comments.

And saying Canadian and European press is as clear as mud. There's a huge difference between something like The Times (of London) and a standard British tabloid. And pure propaganda like Russia Today (rt.com) is yet another wing of the European press. So just saying you read European press says nothing about the quality of your individual sources.

For the record, my primary sources are the NYT, the Economist, the Atlantic, NPR, CBS's morning news, the local fishwrap (Des Moines Register), SCOTUSblog, FiveThirtyEight, and then my aggregator of choice, Fark.com. I'll read others when linked, but those are the ones regularly consumed.

Don't read FR or DU for the comments (except to try to pick up a bit of the zeitgeist every now and then), but to find varied linked stories. Agree there is a lot of idiocy on both.
jays911

Postby loynograd98 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:39 pm

www.realclearpolitics.com has a good cross section of opinion pieces.
loynograd98

Postby vivid_dude » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:14 am

Great week for the President!

[*] Alienated our most important ally to perpetuate his unsubstantiated claims about British wiretapping. Some might call them LIES.

[*] Got humiliated by the Irish gentleman who gave a passionate speech about immigration with President Trump standing nearby. Once somebody explained to our President that the Irish fella was taking a shot at him, I'm sure he was pissed!

[*] Our Secretary of State, during the midst of reports about North Korea going nuclear (again), cut short a trip to South Korea because he needed a nap, or something. Sure makes Secretary of State Clinton seem pretty healthy, by comparison.

[*] Admitted in an interview, probably without knowing it, that his budget plan hurts the people who voted for him most.

[*] Cut funding for a host of social and humanitarian causes so we can build more tanks! Meals on Wheels supports vets, the disabled, the elderly - but let's cut that so we can pile on to our already oversized military. How Christian!

But at least he's keeping his eye on the prize...by engaging in a twitter beef with Snoop Dogg.

Morons got straight-up conned! I give the guy credit. He saw a way to manipulate stupid people, and boy did that plan pay off for him. Now we get to pay for his lavish lifestyle while he embarrasses America. USA! USA! USA!
vivid_dude

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic