The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby Jaysker12 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:00 am

OmahaBen wrote:Oh horse hockey. It's the fault of the 60,000,000 or so people who voted for a narcissistic, bullshitting, con-artist because reasons; 96% of whom would still vote for him today.

dems' lack of self awareness is astounding.

From the party that preaches "personal responsibility" the fault of the president they elected goes to those who opposed him.

I'm not a Republican, and I don't lean conservative. But the Republican elite didn't want any part of Trump through most of last summer either
Jaysker12

Postby Jaybird » Thu May 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Jaysker12 wrote:For the record, though, the Dem party's leadership are the ones responsible for Trump and all of his mess

Just to help you with that "record" of yours, Dem party leaders didn't vote in GOP primaries. And, when given one last chance to stop the nomination freight train of the Orange Julius Caesar now parking his fat ass in the White House, the Republican convention Rules Committee, comprised of all the state chairpeople (you know, the "elites"), resoundingly voted down proposals to open the convention floor to nominations, or to even change the number of votes needed to lock down the nomination. They removed any possible roadblocks. They ran interference for the guy.

And, those people who ran against university president trump, including a guy he called a "loser" for becoming a POW, and another whose citizenship he questioned and whose father he tried to smear with the Kennedy assassination, went on to support him and defend him in the fall campaign, and you don't get much more elite than that (the only exception to all that toadying and ass-kissing I can think of is John Kasich, bless his heart).

Paul Ryan--the supposed "brain" of the party--jumped ship when trump publicly revealed that he was a recreational women's genitalia-grabber, but then, a few days later, Ryan came to his senses, got back on board, and has been one of the guy's biggest cheerleaders ever since. ("You want a half-assed health care bill passed by Thursday? You got it, Boss").

And, of course, Senate Majority Leader Mitch TurkeyNeck has never wavered, and was rewarded by seeing his wife named a Cabinet Secretary.

Then there's the Ricketts family. They funded people running against trump. They hated the guy. Until, one day, they didn't. They suddenly loved him. They even had idiot son Petey appearing with trump in an airplane hanger at Eppley. Like most members of that Republican elite of yours, they had their sudden epiphany where they decided to put politics above principle.

Oh, and let's not forget the last GOP Pres candidate, Mitt Romney, who gave a 15-minute national address in June trashing trump as laughably unfit in every way, shape and form, only to shuck and jive his way through a dinner with trump in November as he auditioned for Sec of State.

So, those Republican elites you're prattling about put up about as much resistance to the Circus Peanut-in-Chief as the French did whenever the Germans used to pop in for a surprise visit. You can't blame the Democrats for all those shameless GOP favor-currying sycophants.

With all that, there's a grain of truth to the idea that the Democrats have at least some responsibility here, and it boils down to one word--Hillary.

To me, even more chilling than the Comey whacking was that photo op at Mir-A-Lago North yesterday. There was President Candy Corn beaming ear to ear as he furiously pumped the hands (and God knows what else) of the Russian foreign minister and their ambassador to the US. We have great pictures of all that, not because American media was allowed to cover it--they weren't--but because a foreign news organization was given exclusive access to the meeting. Specifically, Russian news agency Tass. Apparently, there were at that moment more Russians in the Oval Office than Americans (and, of course, the CIA is thrilled with the idea that Russian tech experts were allowed to roam through the Oval Office). Call me old-fashioned, but it seems to me that, when it comes to a head count of nationalities, there should always be more Americans in the Oval at any given time than there are employees of the Kremlin (even if some of those Americans these days are themselves employees of the Kremlin)..

But the picture that's going to stick in my memory for a long time is a still (with a stamp on it labelled "Russian Foreign Ministry") that shows the Russian ambassador with a mad grin on his face while, just over his left shoulder, the official Oval Office portrait of Abraham Lincoln looks on. Helpless, sort of like the rest of us. I'm a little surprised the portrait didn't fall to the floor or spontaneously combust. Hell, maybe something like that really did happen and we don't know about it, since we'd have to rely on Tass to tell us.
Jaybird

Postby vivid_dude » Fri May 12, 2017 11:32 am

How were the Russians able to help Trump get elected? How are they manipulating Trump so easily?

This video answers it all. It's not some "left wing" theory. It's the United States Intelligence Committee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyjVT1BywAw

Every American should watch this to understand exactly how gullible our President is and how successful Russia has been in manipulating that gullibility into achieving their end goals. It's terrifying.
vivid_dude

Postby whiteandblue77 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:31 pm

whiteandblue77

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 am

Jaybird wrote:To me, even more chilling than the Comey whacking was that photo op at Mir-A-Lago North yesterday. There was President Candy Corn beaming ear to ear as he furiously pumped the hands (and God knows what else) of the Russian foreign minister and their ambassador to the US. We have great pictures of all that, not because American media was allowed to cover it--they weren't--but because a foreign news organization was given exclusive access to the meeting. Specifically, Russian news agency Tass. Apparently, there were at that moment more Russians in the Oval Office than Americans (and, of course, the CIA is thrilled with the idea that Russian tech experts were allowed to roam through the Oval Office). Call me old-fashioned, but it seems to me that, when it comes to a head count of nationalities, there should always be more Americans in the Oval at any given time than there are employees of the Kremlin (even if some of those Americans these days are themselves employees of the Kremlin).

But the picture that's going to stick in my memory for a long time is a still (with a stamp on it labelled "Russian Foreign Ministry") that shows the Russian ambassador with a mad grin on his face while, just over his left shoulder, the official Oval Office portrait of Abraham Lincoln looks on. Helpless, sort of like the rest of us. I'm a little surprised the portrait didn't fall to the floor or spontaneously combust. Hell, maybe something like that really did happen and we don't know about it, since we'd have to rely on Tass to tell us.

Probably about time to open another investigation into Hillary's use of a private email server and how that MIGHT have compromised national security.

Because that is much worse than having the POTUS just hand over classified information to an official of a hostile foreign nation.
Savannah Jay

Postby Outlaw_Wales » Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 am

Honest question: Is there anyone here who WAS a Trump supporter who has decided that he's really not fit to be President after all?

I have a lot of acquaintances in real life who were all on the Trump train during the election, steadfastly maintaining Hillary's unfitness and continually challenging whether Obama cared about America at all. And I haven't seen a single one of them yet back off their affection for Trump, regardless of anything that comes out on a daily basis about what the guy is doing or how harmful it might be to their own interests. It's still a steady stream of "better than Killary" or "at least it's no longer Obummer in there."

It's just mind boggling to me. These are people who -- much like Trump himself and tons of the Republicans in Congress -- have posted repeatedly over the last couple of years about how things like not being careful with classified materials should automatically disqualify someone from public service, be grounds for jail or even execution, etc.; how things like using politics to line personal pocketbooks should be viewed as criminal and unethical; how the slightest misstatement by someone in such a high office should be analyzed very carefully; etc. and yet now, with Trump doing the EXACT THINGS THEY HAVE BANGED THE DRUM ABOUT FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS see no problems at all with what is happening because "at least it's not Killary or Obummer" anymore.

It's just shocking to me. I don't care what your political leanings are, you should be outraged about this guy and you should be able to see that he's not even remotely fit or capable of the office. And it's extremely dangerous to let him keep going on a daily basis. I'd disagree with Mike Pence a whole lot on political positions -- but at least the guy seems capable of actually being a President, and there's absolutely no chance that there would be similar doomsday feelings on a daily basis.
Outlaw_Wales

Postby bird_call » Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 am

Savannah Jay wrote:
Probably about time to open another investigation into Hillary's use of a private email server and how that MIGHT have compromised national security.

Because that is much worse than having the POTUS just hand over classified information to an official of a hostile foreign nation.

The crazy thing about this story is that the white house has literally no credibility at all anymore. They were trotting out McMaster, Tillerson, and others to deny the story and all the major news sources were just flatly saying that the denials were narrow, not addressing the claim, and wrong. And then this morning, Trump undermines his own people's denials of the story and says he has absolute ability to what he wants because he is PoTUS.

Every single person coming in contact with this person and his team is having their reputation destroyed. He's an infectious boil of deceit and incompetence.

And he's undermining our security interests now too! Either he's playing 4-D chess, completely incompetent, or actively colluding with the Russians.
bird_call

Postby Easypaddy » Tue May 16, 2017 9:51 am

I think this is all pretty cool actually.
Easypaddy

Postby vivid_dude » Tue May 16, 2017 10:28 am

I love what a well-oiled machine the White House is. Wasn't this guy supposed to be our CEO-leader, running the country like a successful business? Instead, it's (borrowed from Twitter):

White House: it's not a ban
Trump: it's a ban

White House: Comey wasn't fired because of Russia
Trump: it was because of Russia

White House: the Washington Post story about the President leaking info is false
Trump: I totally leaked info
vivid_dude

Postby SendDustyIn » Tue May 16, 2017 3:35 pm

bird_call wrote:Every single person coming in contact with this person and his team is having their reputation destroyed. He's an infectious boil of deceit and incompetence.

The silver lining for me is that I didn't like many of those people to begin with. I was looking forward to all of them ending their careers back in November, but uh, that didn't happen.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.
SendDustyIn

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic