The next President

Return to Off Topic

Re: The next President

Postby jayball » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:49 pm

For the record I disagree with the idiot comments.

My intent with posting Senator flakes comments was to highlight a conservative that was re-thinking the support of Trump as misguided and see if anyone else had similar thoughts after six months.

It is still incomprehensible to me that he is President.
jayball

Postby jayball » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:55 am

jayball

Postby KenoshaJay » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Like Steve Hayes. Thanks for the link.
KenoshaJay

Postby OmahaBen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:03 pm

blueblood wrote:Thanks for calling me an idiot. Must be nice to be morally superior. Please kick me in the ass if I ever enter this thread again.

Morals? Not being an idiot has nothing to do with morals, but simply understanding the definition of the word "equal."

You wanted a concession that the Clintons are equally as bad as Trump. Fark that.
OmahaBen

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Now this poses a question: Do those who are viscerally anti-Trump feel like they are indeed morally superior to those who voted for him?

Because, by God, I hear that tone A LOT when I read their responses (and not just here but everywhere). Ultimately I think carrying such an attitude is a tremendous mistake, but my protestations always fall on deaf ears.

Anyone feel like answering yes/no to that and add an explanation as to why or why not?
HandDownManDown

Postby Easypaddy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:37 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Now this poses a question: Do those who are viscerally anti-Trump feel like they are indeed morally superior to those who voted for him?

Because, by God, I hear that tone A LOT when I read their responses (and not just here but everywhere). Ultimately I think carrying such an attitude is a tremendous mistake, but my protestations always fall on deaf ears.

Anyone feel like answering yes/no to that and add an explanation as to why or why not?

I don't care about being morally superior to anyone. Do you not think Trump is a total asshat?
Easypaddy

Postby HandDownManDown » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Nice try. My question wasn't whether or not you cared it's whether or not it's true, and my feelings about Trump (which I covered a couple pages back) have nothing to do with my question.

It's an observation that I keep having, and since the accusation popped up I asked the question, and it is a germane one.
HandDownManDown

Postby vivid_dude » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:51 pm

I will take the bait. No, I don't necessarily think all anti-Trumpers are morally superior to Trump supporters. But the more he proves he's exactly who anti-Trumpers said he was, the more confident I am in saying that Trump supporters are collectively dumber, more easily conned, and more interested in defending their vote than recognizing what's happening.

And this is not an anti-GOP sentiment. I've never come close to making this accusation about any other elected official ever. Trump is clearly that terrible and should have never polled in the Top 10 of GOP candidates. Instead, he just won because he's an exceptional con man preying on gullible people.

And no, Hillary is nowhere near as terrible as Trump, as bad as she was.
vivid_dude

Postby LynchMob » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:13 pm

Wait are we still pretending that voting for a bigot because you're a bigot and you like to imagine you could hang out putting down women and minorities together is somehow morally defensible?

People who voted for any other candidate are superior to Trump voters, as long as they voted for policies they felt were good for the country, not in the hope of enacting bigoted policies against their neighbors, like all Trump voters.
Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
LynchMob

Postby Jaysker12 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:45 pm

HandDownManDown wrote:Nice try. My question wasn't whether or not you cared it's whether or not it's true, and my feelings about Trump (which I covered a couple pages back) have nothing to do with my question.

It's an observation that I keep having, and since the accusation popped up I asked the question, and it is a germane one.

i think its hard to put all the blame for this loss in decorum on one side/party/ideology. its been happening for awhile now. The cycle seems to be perpetuating because of the added influence social media can have.
Jaysker12

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic