The reason I hate UNL

Return to Off Topic

The reason I hate UNL

Postby Trifecta » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Their delusional, entitled fans that act like their shit doesn't stink.

http://huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/8710-the-reason-i-hate-creighton/

I don't know why I'm even addressing this Groundhog Day scenario where they talk smack, we beat their ass, and they they claim they the game doesn't matter to them. But that stupid thread reeks of hypocrisy and feelings of inadequacy.
Trifecta

Re: The reason I hate UNL

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:49 pm

whiteandblue77

Postby yeti47 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:16 pm

I suggest that we no longer refer them as Nebraska
That implies domain in this state
We run this state in basketball
From here on out....they are the Lincoln Cornhuskers
Can I get a second?
yeti47

Postby ZMagic30 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:22 pm

yeti47 wrote:I suggest that we no longer refer them as Nebraska
That implies domain in this state
We run this state in basketball
From here on out....they are the Lincoln Cornhuskers
Can I get a second?

Kind of related, but the thing that gets me is that a lot of alumni/fans don't even know the abbreviation for Nebraska. It's not NU.
NU implies that it's Nebraska University, no? And it's not. It's the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. UNL. But it's referred to as "NU" by almost all Nebraska fans that I know. It's like calling the University of California at Los Angeles "CU." It's not California University, and there's other Universities of Nebraska besides the one at Lincoln, so it should be specified as such, right? Am I reading too far into this? Just a huge pet peeve of mine
ZMagic30

Postby Trifecta » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:29 pm

Hence the abbreviation used in the title of this thread. NU is Northwestern (the OTHER Big Ten team that's never won an NCAA tourney game)
Trifecta

Postby OmahaGuy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:02 pm

"We can't take shots at their team for how they perform on the court so our 'go-to' is whining about their fans and make it about who has the better fanbase" Husker logic!
OmahaGuy

Postby CU Final Four » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:27 pm

Adding the L to UN only suggests that the flagship taxpayer supported university in Nebraska is an equal to Kearney and Omaha when they clearly are not on size, funding and history.

So we should always call them UNL. In fact, I think we should go on step further and have a bill introduced in the Unicameral requiring UNL on all uniforms so that UNK and UNO don't feel slighted. The term "UNL" is one step ahead of a compass school name.

The school in Lincoln does NOT represent every citizen and taxpayer in Nebraska.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Waylon Van Smack » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Trifecta wrote:Their delusional, entitled fans that act like their shit doesn't stink.

I don't know why I'm even addressing this Groundhog Day scenario where they talk smack, we beat their ass, and they they claim they the game doesn't matter to them. But that stupid thread reeks of hypocrisy and feelings of inadequacy.

They should change their name to husker hardware central cuz it's a site full of tools. :mrgreen:
Waylon Van Smack

Postby yeti47 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Waylon Van Smack wrote:
Trifecta wrote:Their delusional, entitled fans that act like their shit doesn't stink.

They should change their name to husker hardware central cuz it's a site full of tools. :mrgreen:

I kid you not I was about to post something similar. Actually check my twitter feed....another reason.
yeti47

Postby FloPro » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:48 pm

I have came on this site and announced i was a Husker fan and am not ashamed to say it. I fell in love with it when my dad took me to a game in the Bob in late 90s when we pounded Roy Williams and his Jayhawks. We had some talent back then.

When it comes to the Jays i guess ive always respected Dana Altman, as he is the best coach in the state of Nebraska- maybe ever. Ive never had any issues with Jays. But ive always felt that Creighton (coaches, players) felt as if they have always been second fiddle to anything in red. And for that it gives them so much extra motivation and its almost like whenever we play against each other you guys are on a mission to just destroy us. I say this with all due respect and i will even ask a question later- but to me it seems as if it is hard to be a Creighton fan in a state dominated by Nebraska football and all of that shoved in your face, radio, newspaper, etc.

There just seems to be an element of well we are going to show them. We are gonna prove that the states public school and all of the tradition of Nebraska football that seems to swallow up anything that any other athletic team does is not the only voice to be heard. It seems as if Jays feel like they are not always heard and everytime they step on the court they are not just playing the Nebraska basketball team, they are fighting against everything that is Nebraska red. You are out to prove that there is more than just one "show in the state". Maybe im all wet. Just general thoughts and observations.

But once again as a Husker fan i respect Creighton and thats probably rare for a Husker fan. I dont see any reason not to. Nebraska has really done jack shit outside of a nice run in the 90s. Danny Nee had your number for a long time but outside of that and mainly after that its just been a nightmare for Nebraska in this rivalry.
FloPro

Next

Return to Off Topic