Tim Miles separation watch

Return to Off Topic

Tim Miles separation watch

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:14 am

After Moos hires a new football coach, he will turn his full attention to men’s basketball. I fully expect him to be at the UNL game in Omaha. He will also attend their home games. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he spent quality time with Ras while in Omaha. Regent and CU Director Howard Hawks is at the game too.

Moos will notice the energy at the Link. He will then compare it to PBA. He will also note the beer revenue. Moos will then conclude that beer revenue could fund his termination of Miles, but convincing the Regents and Unicam is a tall order.

Mac likes Tim but how can he keep this team under 100? Scurry is a better player than the Corn’s starters. Another crushing defeat for Timmy.

Miles will have a miserable season. The team can’t score. Michigan State will pound them. Many blow outs. Even though the Big Ten is not that good this year, UNL will be at the bottom fighting Penn State and Rutgers for last.

It has not been all that fun against the Huskers lately. They have become Alcorn State or SIUE. They need to get better so that beating them becomes more meaningful. It will also help our RPI.

To that end, I can see Ras talking freely and candidly with his UNL counterpart. Recall his friendship with Dr. Tom. Ras knows what the college game is really about: generating interest and excitement which, in turn, creates revenue. And, of course, Bruce knows basketball. Ras will recommend Jacobsen at UNI to Moos. A good fit.

Moos earned his spurs at Oregon. He knows that good football and basketball are important; especially for revenue.

Unless Miles qualifies for the NCAA tournament, he is gone. A new broom sweeps clean.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Re: Tim Miles separation watch

Postby ZMagic30 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Do we REALLY need more threads about UNL? One is already too many.
ZMagic30

Postby CU Final Four » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

ZMagic30 wrote:Do we REALLY need more threads about UNL? One is already too many.

No. And you don’t NEED to read it or post replies.

This is a voluntary activity.
I love Creighton basketball. Yes, I do. I love Creighton. How about you?

“ignorance is bliss; truly bliss.” Creighton professor Ron Volkmer.
CU Final Four

Location: Convent Place, a subdivision as surveyed, platted and recorded in Douglas County, Nebraska.

Postby Hunter » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am

I've really started to question why Creighton is even playing this game. Despite consistently winning since the late 90s, this game does absolutely nothing for us anymore from a prestige or SOS standpoint. I am in no way denigrating UNL's program or trolling. I just don't understand how we stand to benefit from having them on the schedule anymore. I'm sure the Midwest simpletons like Dirk will decry this thought with the "it is good for basketball in the state/Omaha." It isn't. Saying so is naïve. Nobody in western Nebraska gives a damn about Creighton nor should they. Unless UNL has a seismic shift in the quality of their program over the next few years, this game is completely uninteresting. We are in the Big East. Begging for quality non-conference opponents is a thing of the past. I would much rather see us schedule Wichita or someone like that in the non-conference then do them a favor every year.
Hunter

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Hunter wrote:Nobody in western Nebraska gives a damn about Nebrasketball ...

Fixed it for ya

There are a few of us out here with CU plates and season tix btw.
TBC Alum

Postby LJay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:34 pm

No argument from me. Replace this with H&H’s similar to recent Oklahoma and current Gonzaga series. Blue bloods have no need to schedule Jays but should be able to schedule these next rung teams.
75 - 65
LJay

Postby CUPG24 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:13 pm

As a former player, I rather enjoyed drop kicking them every year and don’t think it’s right to take that feeling away from current players.
CUPG24

Postby vivid_dude » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:52 pm

Hunter wrote:. I'm sure the Midwest simpletons like Dirk will decry this thought with the "it is good for basketball in the state/Omaha." It isn't. Saying so is naïve.

I would argue that saying it isn't is naïve.

Which posts on this message board, sans Tugs, get the most attention? Husker threads. The media and fan attention is hyped way more than if we played Wichita or some other replacement game. Players - current and former - remember their record against the in-state "rival." A win against Nebraska by CU means something for fans. A win against Creighton by NU doesn't happen, but if it did, it would mean something for fans. As someone surrounded by a smorgasbord of die-hard CU, NU AND Jaysker fans - it's a game marked by all every year. Something would be missing without this game.

And, I would point out, that this mindset is what countless Jay fans criticized Kansas and other top programs for back when we were in the Valley. Do you really want to deal with Husker fans saying CU is scared to face them, like Creighton fans said about Kansas?
vivid_dude

Postby T-bone » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:00 pm

vivid_dude wrote:
And, I would point out, that this mindset is what countless Jay fans criticized Kansas and other top programs for back when we were in the Valley. Do you really want to deal with Husker fans saying CU is scared to face them, like Creighton fans said about Kansas?

I agree with Hunter and this is exactly what I want them saying. It would put them in their rightful place. :D
T-bone

Postby blueblood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:13 pm

End it.
“Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, It makes you lean....
Against bars, tables, chairs, and poles.”
blueblood

Next

Return to Off Topic